Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sightings and stories

An all-purpose thread for personal sightings and stories of TFC players (or staff) in the real world, old or new.

My one contribution to this thread is that I sat across from Ashtone Morgan on the subway two days ago. Instead of shaking his hand and reminiscing on the fact that we went to the same high school, I froze and sat there with my tail between my legs, pretending to read my book while trying not to hyperventilate.

I'm sure the rest of you lot aren't nearly as cowardly as I am.
    Last edited by molenshtain; 07-11-2014 at 03:37 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    An all-purpose thread for personal sightings and stories of TFC players (or staff) in the real world, old or new.

My one contribution to this thread is that I sat across my Ashtone Morgan on the subway two days ago. Instead of shaking his hand and reminiscing on the fact that we went to the same high-school, I froze and sat there with my tail between my legs, pretending to read my book while trying not to hyperventilate.

I'm sure the rest of you lot aren't nearly as cowardly as I am.
    I went to high school with Jimmy B. We've talked several occasions about it, thanked him for his playing for TFC, Canada. Just let 'em know you appreciate them and aren't a stalker.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ran into Ryan Nelsen on the subway going down to Real Sports for the bloody big deal announcement in January; he has lots of interesting things to say; talked about everything from the club to his winery

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Played an exhibition game against TFC Academy couple years ago when Jimmy B. was the coach. Ball was near the touch line and one of my players went to keep it in and slid, saved the ball but took out Brennan. Go figure a bit of a scuffle happened there. Won't forget that, was pretty funny.
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought David Edgar a beer in a kitchener pub.

Ive seen Bekker at the oakville go station a few times. Only talked to him once. He still needs a haircut.

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ran in to Danny Koevermans and Terry Dunfield at Boston Pizza a while back (quite a while back...LOL!). Also ran in to Danny again with his family at Marks Work Warehouse.
    Official Member of the Montreal Miracle Crew 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Non TFC Related)
    Louis Saha shagged my flat mate when I was at Birmingham Uni, classic Louis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kyle Bekker drunk and throwing chicken wings at people at Philthies in Oakville. Then he fell asleep on the bar. Ran into one of his family members not long after at the TFC/Roma game and they were pissed he wasn't getting enough playing time. They wondered why.
    Last edited by Brooker; 07-11-2014 at 03:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who was that bald guy who scored the winning goal in the Voyaguers cup at home a couple years ago? Saw him on the subway with his girlfriend once. She seemed to be a bit of a bitch to him. Pretty sure she was from Toronto.

Ran in to Henry at a Canada game last year when he was injured. Just quickly asked him how the injury was healing and wished him well. Was very cool and nice.

Saw Earnshaw get out of a cab at King and Spadina the morning after an away game (looked like he was coming straight from the airport). Didn't seem like he knew how the cross walk signals worked and he almost got hit by a few cars when he crossed.

Had dinner at Williams Landing after the final game last season. Damn near the whole team trickled in while I was eating.

I'm not one for taking flicks or chatting with celebs so I didn't really approach anyone other than Henry because I was genuinely wondering about the injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same age as Bekker, and from Oakville so we have a ton of mutual friends. See him around Oakville every now and again. Just last week he walked out of the walk in clinic I was headed into.

A few days before Frei was traded I saw him walking down King St. I already knew the trade was coming thanks to these boards. Really wanted to stop him and thank him for his time here, but he was on the phone. Debated following him down the street but decided better of it.

After the St. Paddies weekend game in MTL last season returned and drank at the Irish Embassy and Jimmy Brennan was in there. Talked breifly and got a picture taken with him. Wish I was still wearing my jersey since it has his name on it.

Saw Jeremy Hall walking in the tunnel under the Go a few hours before a game last season. He is a pretty nice guy too.

Met a few guys at various events at Real Sports. Was there for the season opener vs Seattle and all the injured guys were there, so I got pictures with Dike, Hall, and Gilberto. Met Ashtone and Frei at one last season too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bumped into Eckersley and Ty Harden in Shoppers on King Street a couple of years ago. Just the nicest guys imaginable. Had a lovely chat. Eckersley absolutely loved Toronto and would have happily stayed here forever. Talked to Harden about his volunteering in Kenya. Great guy. Almost felt guilty for my opinions on the latter as a footballer. Almost.

It's great that so many of them have been seen on the subway. Says a lot about our city (I once saw a former Prime Minister on our subway)...or maybe that football doesn't pay much here!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to see Eckersley a lot on Spadina.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    Who was that bald guy who scored the winning goal in the Voyaguers cup at home a couple years ago? Saw him on the subway with his girlfriend once. She seemed to be a bit of a bitch to him. Pretty sure she was from Toronto.

Ran in to Henry at a Canada game last year when he was injured. Just quickly asked him how the injury was healing and wished him well. Was very cool and nice.

Saw Earnshaw get out of a cab at King and Spadina the morning after an away game (looked like he was coming straight from the airport). Didn't seem like he knew how the cross walk signals worked and he almost got hit by a few cars when he crossed.

Had dinner at Williams Landing after the final game last season. Damn near the whole team trickled in while I was eating.

I'm not one for taking flicks or chatting with celebs so I didn't really approach anyone other than Henry because I was genuinely wondering about the injury.
    the bald guy name started with the letters ASS,that all I remember.lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    the bald guy name started with the letters ASS,that all I remember.lol

Mikael-David Youri Yourassowsky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

lol...that's the guy...we called him YOURASS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

Worst. Left-back. Ever.

right behind Danleigh Borman.

And Ravis Hscanovics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    lol...that's the guy...we called him YOURASS

yes..that's him alright. Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was by Dundas and University once and I saw Eckersley step out of a van and hail a can. Sure enough Kocic was driving the van.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ran into Frings and Mariner on separate occasions in the lobby of the Telus Tower. Said a quick hello with a hand shake and was on my way. I'm sure they get stopped all the time so I didn't want to be a bother.

This was summer 20...12? I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ran into Maicon Santos at the adidas store across from Dundas Sq. a few years back, seems like he was taking the equipment manager's job that day. Nice guy, took a pic and wished him luck for the game on the next day.

Also ran into Frei and Henry in 2012 at the Exhibition station tunnel when they were labeled as "injured" by Paul Mariner. Very nice guys. Took a pic with them.

Bumped into Julio Cesar and his family during the raptors playoff in front of the ACC 2 times, nice guy, took a pic and wished him luck for the world cup.

Saw Emery Welshman at Square One after he was released by TFC this year, didn't manage to talk to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw Mo Johnston in the Beaches when he was still a coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blixa View Post
    Saw Mo Johnston in the Beaches when he was still a coach.
    I wonder if MoJo still lives here. It's as if he just ceased to exist.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Met Joe Bendik at the Office Pub during the USA-Ghana match during this World Cup.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Back in the days they had pub crawls where you could meet players without needing a $150 dinner ticket, the experience was great.

Cann, Serioux, Brennan, Wynne, Gala, Edwards, Conway, Serioux, Dichio, Attakora and many others all made their way to chat with our family. Giving soccer advice to my kids which has been invaluable.

Met Preki in a hotel prior to a game early in his season. I wished him luck, he said thanks we will need it. Should have known then it was going to be a long season.

Next morning Mike Toshack, then goal keeping coach apologized for the game and said they really appreciated our collective support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Met Preki in a hotel prior to a game early in his season. I wished him luck, he said thanks we will need it. Should have known then it was going to be a long season.

Next morning Mike Toshack, then goal keeping coach apologized for the game and said they really appreciated our collective support.
    New England game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to see players all the time when I lived downtown. Had several in my building over the years. Dunavant lived there - he was a really nice guy. Loved it here and was gutted when he was traded. Soolsma was also there - he used to hang out at the pool all the time and was a bit of a dick.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ran into Silva one time on the Bathurst street car back in 2012. He was with a friend I didn't recognize. Just introduced myself and mentioned that I thought he was having a great season.

also ran into Soolsma one time after a game as he was about to bike home on a bike share. Was gracious enough to sign an autograph for my two sons

Niagara Region. Anywhere the RPB are Supporting TFC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was working at Target in Welland (where i live) and seen a little lad running around with a Nelsen QPR jersey, thought it was pretty cool, started chatting up his mum nice English lady. Well i get to talking about TFC and the RPB and how Nelsen was actually our coach … and as she informed me her husband and the young lads father lol. Well we got to chit chatting about everything from our SG to who was Ryan targeting in the summer for a Bloody Big Deal signing. Very nice lady and the younging was a cute kid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yea! I forgot. I saw Soolsma at the Guvernment one time. He got denied by a girl with big knockers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was walking by by Jack Astors (Uni/front) and Aron Winters walked right by me.
    I was walking by BMO (non game day) and De Guzman rod his bicycle by me.
    I was walking out of a building on Uni Ave one morning and Chad Barrett was riding his bike (BMX?) on the sidewalk.

Don't get me wrong, I do own a car...