Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Kaz - I'd find your reply interesting if you actually read what I post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    ]
    I mean Every thread you are in complaining about the team raining your crap all over... take a break, clear your head. We get it, you will only support TFC if the FO does exactly as you think they should.. so go apply.
    +1 well said, this guy is so negative!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I've read all your posts and he isn't off base. Even when we play well there will always be a few nuggets of negativity including the classic "now watch how much ML$E will raise your ticket prices next year".

Take a boo at your own comment history and try to find a trend. The rest of us have it figured out already.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 07-02-2014 at 04:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally got to watch the game. Very spirited match with some exquisite goals, especially our two. Lots of great performances and intensity. No glaring weakness on our side. Some of the usual though - giveaways, fugly clearances, poor finishing, late goal against ... but we were really moving the ball on the ground well, and winning most of the individual battles, AND plenty of TFC attacking, which was a very pleasant thing to see. Loved the drama around Gilberto's golazzo.
    Last edited by lobo; 07-02-2014 at 05:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Wouldn't the wall that was between the Ball and the Keeper as well as Jackson.. been more of a obstruction?

The goal was good.. I realize you hate DPs, the FO, MLS, the Refs, and small childern that smile.. but can you be positive about anything?

112 shows a situation where there is no wall, in a straight action.

in this situation you have a Wall directly between the keeper and the Ball. Jackson had to duck because he couldn't see it was coming.

If the Wall were not there one could make a case.. but it is unlikely.

No one complained about it but Simon Borg, PRO says it was a good call.. and no one said anything about it at the time. So just let it be..

I mean Every thread you are in complaining about the team raining your crap all over... take a break, clear your head. We get it, you will only support TFC if the FO does exactly as you think they should.. so go apply.
    This is sorta bullshit. Sorry.
    You obviously aren't pAying attention to what pookie has been saying since day one, which has not been negative but in fact has favored giving Nelsen et al more time to build. His comments about the present have been in the context of diminished expectations

again, argue the guy's ideas, rather than proselytizing about who you don't like. It will serve us all better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I've read all your posts and he isn't off base. Even when we play well there will always be a few nuggets of negativity including the classic "now watch how much ML$E will raise your ticket prices next year".

Take a boo at your own comment history and try to find a trend. The rest of us have it figured out already.
    You mean one small group of cheerleaders who take what he says out of context.

pookie presents rational arguments that I often disagree with but can at least respect; if you don't like what he has to say, my suggestion is to have a point other than 'we don't like your tone', which socially speaking is the most commonly repeated refrain by rank assholes the world over.

Though I'm sure that wasn't the intent here, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't need to any more.. it's the same thing in every thread. over and over and over again.. whine I don't agree, I know better, whine whine.

I said my bit. Unlike you though I'm not going to say it again. In every thread, ad nauseam
    Last edited by Kaz; 07-02-2014 at 06:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

again, argue the guy's ideas, rather than proselytizing about who you don't like. It will serve us all better.
    For a guy that decided he didn't like what I said in the past and ignored me.. you seem to quote a lot.

A rational argument is made once... it become Irrational, and ideological once you spout it over and over and over again, even when it's not fully needed.

a post of Gilberto, where Simon Borg says stuff that directly contradicts what PRO says, which if one had read the PRO article instead of just taking the chance to shit on the team, it would have been clear, particularly when you look at the page 112 example, and what actually happened.

There was no need for the comment as it was made, which when collected with the countless others he makes finally resulted in my speaking up.. and of course I'm not the only one apparently.
    Last edited by Kaz; 07-02-2014 at 06:26 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well Kaz, if you like we can quote the subjective offside rule about and debate this one and heaven forbid that a TFC could actually be judged to be offside.

But I don't think that's the point you wanted to make.

I could take the complete opposite view to all of my posts if that would suit you better:

Instead of saying give Nelsen time, I could call for his head if we lose tonight
    Instead of saying give Gilberto time too, I could call for his head too on the next miss
    Instead of saying Tim L did a great job stockpiling draft picks, I could advocate for trading them all for some veterans
    Instead of saying stop blaming losses on young developing players like Henry, I should join the bunch that wants them run out of town too

Reading books by the cover must really save time, eh? Read what you what to read but just a heads up, I'll continue to post my opinion on things and they might not include include pom poms.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    Not necessarily true. The ability to retain domestic players who would otherwise play in Europe could certainly lead to an improvement in quality. And the domestic rule is critical to the US development plan.
    Perhaps but to be realistic, as good as MLS can get, will it ever usurp the EPL or other storied Euro-leagues?

If a player has an opportunity to play in the EPL because of ability, they will take it. The best strive to play against the best.
    Here's a great example of a trend.

Jono makes a great point that would see a marked progress or improvement in the league and it's immediately compared to the BIGGEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD.

Pook feel free to make that rudimentary question but may I ask if we all wouldn't feel some swell of good vibes if MLS was simply the biggest league in CONCACAF?

Just pointing this out to smash any mystery of accusations of "Debby Downer-ism"
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 07-03-2014 at 09:14 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People

Let's show more respect when and if we need to talk to one another personally.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER