Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC to host up to 1700 Impact fans Oct 18th

Reciprocal of last year's trip to Montreal

As a renewal incentive in 2013, more than 3,000 Toronto FC fans and supporters made the trek down the 401 and helped us kick off the season with a record-setting showing in Montreal. You showed the whole League how to support your club on the road.

Part of that trip to Montreal was an agreement that we would accommodate their fans at a 2014 match in Toronto. As such, we will be hosting up to 1,700 Montreal Impact fans at our final game on October 18. When we initially agreed to this reciprocal travel deal, the thinking was Rogers Centre might play host to the match, but we know you'll agree with us that there's only one place we want to be for this match, at our house - BMO Field.

In playing this match at BMO Field, the ticket availability is extremely limited. Therefore, in order to provide a safe and secure environment for everyone, we will need to have 350 Season Seat Holders experience the match from a different location on October 18. As a Season Seat Holder in Sections 225, 226, and 227, you will be upgraded for this match to another spot in the stadium at no additional cost.

http://www.wakingthered.com/2014/6/2...s-october-18th

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perfect. Since they're gonna begin renos at BMO shortly after, it won't be as annoying when MTL fans rip out seats and benches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see there being any way someone in 126 or 127 isn't getting an unexpected beer shower that game. Who's brilliant idea was it to put Montreal fans (who have a history of throwing stuff at people below them at BMO) about other sections?
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Perfect. Since they're gonna begin renos at BMO shortly after, it won't be as annoying when MTL fans rip out seats and benches.
    They are planning to redo the east stand, not the west - maybe plans have changed.

This is going to be fun for security. That's the end most of us on the west side use to get in and out of BMO.

I got a bigger question:

there's only 350 SSH in those 3 sections?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't going to be pretty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Us "Kingsinthenorth" are ready for the game, should be a great atmosphere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's a very real possibility this is our "we made the playoffs" party too. that could add to the likely hostility. definitely not a game to be missed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    I don't see there being any way someone in 126 or 127 isn't getting an unexpected beer shower that game. Who's brilliant idea was it to put Montreal fans (who have a history of throwing stuff at people below them at BMO) about other sections?
    Free Poncho give away to the fans in the East stand?
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is going to be fun to be in attendance for.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Reciprocal of last year's trip to Montreal

http://www.wakingthered.com/2014/6/2...s-october-18th

Is it possible they are moving the season seat holders out of the upper deck in order to move the groups and families there from 104? and give the Limpact fans the entire section?

I know usually that's where they place groups and such (which is also stupid with the visitor behind them at the top).
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    Is it possible they are moving the season seat holders out of the upper deck in order to move the groups and families there from 104? and give the Limpact fans the entire section?
    Nah - the quote clearly says that "As a Season Seat Holder in Sections 225, 226, and 227, you will be upgraded for this match to another spot in the stadium at no additional cost." Could be a real fun time for security...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$5 says Montreal loses it's travel privileges

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This will be interesting, I hope the travellers from Montreal behave.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be moved out of Section 226 for this. No big deal.

I bet they have a ton of security for the game; also keep the first few rows of 225, 226 & 227 free, to make it harder to throw stuff on the sections below. Logistically I think that part isn't so difficult.

What will be difficult: there are no exits close by that can be used exclusively for Montreal supporters; same thing for washrooms, concessions, etc. No idea how they will handle that.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    This was my first thought too. Especially with 127 right below. Might as well paint a target.

Auzzy's point is equally valid regarding the concourse. Crowded at the best of times with the 100's and 200's sharing the facilities and beverage stands. Not a great place to go if you are claustrophobic and certainly not an ideal place to mix red and blue.

I remember when we went to New England. We had separate entrances and a full section to ourselves. Even marched into the stadium under security. Concourse and washrooms were cordoned off. Easier to do in an empty stadium but still… wouldn't 104/105 be a better choice? You could give them their own gate with concessions and washrooms (across from the souvenir stand between 104 and the North End).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely going to stand in 127 for this game!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. Atmosphere and noise should be great, but security will indeed be a nightmare. If a few dozen Limpacts hurling stuff off the top of 104 couldn't be controlled the other season and security/police had to close off the entire walkway beneath that corner, what hope is there for them controlling 1700 across three sections with TFC supporters directly beneath? Wouldn't it have been better to give them half the northend? At least there there are no TFC supporters beneath them other than in the beer garden which could be cordoned off.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ north stand could also be better controlled

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hopefully they have absolutely nothing to play for, so fewer make the trip. This is going to turn out badly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this is the game where we clinch the playoffs, can we storm the pitch at the end? celebrate with the boys? we've done it for less and we probably deserve it.

Would be all the better to do it in front of 1700 imapct fans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a previous poster stated, nothing suggests that they'll get the first X rows of the upper deck. You could restrict them to the upper back corners. Having people in front of them would be no different than having people in front of them in 104 (other than bigger crowds could mean bigger problems).

Don't forget, we always were put in upper decks and would could have thrown stuff over too.

Don't always think the worst.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    As a previous poster stated, nothing suggests that they'll get the first X rows of the upper deck. You could restrict them to the upper back corners. Having people in front of them would be no different than having people in front of them in 104 (other than bigger crowds could mean bigger problems).

Don't forget, we always were put in upper decks and would could have thrown stuff over too.

They have all of 225,226,227 with the first couple rows possibly roped off. Look at this as an opportunity to show what we can do as supporters. I cant remember any group coming into out stadium like this in the past so we must make a statement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post

I know people in the first row of 225 who have got the notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good stuff. Line it up with a couple of police and security guys and everyone will have a fun time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless Montreal turns their dismal season around in the second half, I think it's going to be difficult to entice 1700 supporters to make the trip to Toronto in October for a match that could very well be meaningless from their standpoint.

That being said, I would love to see it happen, as it would make for a fantastic atmosphere.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

There is only one solution to this problem - add 15,000 seats immediately.

Somebody is in trouble for letting that little nugget slip out.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

I got a bigger question:

226 & 227 is where they have most of the big group deals: soccer clubs/teams and the like. My daughter's club, North Toronto Soccer, had a bunch of seats in those sections for two recent games. My season seats are at the south edge of 226 now, and I always have the big groups just to my left, including the kids that walk out with the players, or are in the player's tunnel for the pre-game events. I believe some of the partial packs are also in that area. (Anybody know if any of this year's partial packs include the Oct. 18th game?)

If they don't sell those tickets for these club/team deals or partial packs for Oct. 18th, that frees up lots of space, in addition to the SSH's that will be relocated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, this should make a great atmosphere. Would be a great match to attend. Hopefully BT play this on tv in England.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    There is only one solution to this problem - add 15,000 seats immediately.

Somebody is in trouble for letting that little nugget slip out.
    the number up there has always been low, they use those sections for group buys often.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    This was my first thought too. Especially with 127 right below. Might as well paint a target.

Auzzy's point is equally valid regarding the concourse. Crowded at the best of times with the 100's and 200's sharing the facilities and beverage stands. Not a great place to go if you are claustrophobic and certainly not an ideal place to mix red and blue.

I remember when we went to New England. We had separate entrances and a full section to ourselves. Even marched into the stadium under security. Concourse and washrooms were cordoned off. Easier to do in an empty stadium but still… wouldn't 104/105 be a better choice? You could give them their own gate with concessions and washrooms (across from the souvenir stand between 104 and the North End).

104 and 105 is way better logistically.

They could be totally separated from the rest of the stadium and fans over there.

This isn't going to end well if it's the same ass clowns that show up who spat on TFC fans from above, tore out seats, and fought with police.

Anybody know a good brass knuckle place?
    Last edited by Alonso; 06-25-2014 at 09:15 AM.