Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Montreal Impact Ultras leave stadium during game

So...as I'm watching the Montreal/DC game, I notice at one point it goes quiet.

Then Jason Devos mentions briefly how the entire supporter's section has left the stadium, after ejection of 3 of their members.

Really interested to see how this pans out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would like to know what they got ejected for.

My opinion of what they did will depends on the offense that got the 3 guys kicked out.

also i wonder if walking out was easier in a game they were losing badly

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why is this even a new thread? and why should we care?
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Their garbage bag banners blew away in a strong breeze, and they are going to the local home depot to get more Glad bags and hockey tape.
    Last edited by Shakes McQueen; 06-11-2014 at 08:57 PM.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe they just left so they could burn scarves, act hard and take selfies in the parking lot.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It ha d to do with flares.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They weren't allowed pyro, got banned for pyro and the rest of the losers left. Good on saputo for making sure they're banned for the year. It should be longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a bunch of morons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's funny cuz last week, security didn't care about the pyro or smoke...funny how they cared when Garber was in the house

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps the rules didn't apply for a Voyageurs Cup game...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is always some common denominator between too much fun and illegal activity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have dealt with a number of different levels of staff at that venue multiple times, they are a disgrace. Drogba levels of disgrace.

That should be noted, whether the limpact fans were acting the ass or not.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Their garbage bag banners blew away in a strong breeze, and they are going to the local home depot to get more Glad bags and hockey tape.

UM02's relationship with Joey Saputo has been strained at the best of times. In many ways I'm sure he wishes they weren't there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The refs last night were a disgrace even by MLS standards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

UM02's relationship with Joey Saputo has been strained at the best of times. In many ways I'm sure he wishes they weren't there.
    really; seems like they are the only section that actually has more than 1/3rd of their seats filled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    really; seems like they are the only section that actually has more than 1/3rd of their seats filled
    Pretty much this.

Montreal doesn't seem to draw well otherwise, so this is not ideal for them. Their atmosphere will be limited to whatever crowd noise they pump through those speakers on the roof. Add in how miserable this season has been, they could be playing in an empty park come October.

Lesson to be learned, when the Don shows up, you better be on your best behaviour. Fuckin lulz to me. As much as I hate those fucks, I kind of sympathize considering how often they do pyro without issue. For all the fuckshit they pull, they seem to at least handle their pyro/smoke show properly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rain, midweek evening, day before the World Cup starts, against a less then interesting opponent

not much walk up crowd for a game like that

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montrealers don't show up for losing teams. That's why the Expos were moved to Washington.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, from what I have seen they don't seem to have clear rules on pyro and they do seem to get away with it. But good luck understanding how the clandestine SG's really work there. There may have been warnings, there may not have, we will never get a straight answer - it will always be spin.

I would hope they have some kind of dialogue with their team, given their participation in other MLS SG organized efforts I wouldn't be surprised if they don't.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the plot thickens...

I heard the smoke was lit outside of the designated supporters section, hence the ejection.

but in ex-TFC news: Luis Silva scored 3 goals against them. Cheers!
    http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...191/story.html

^ and according to this article, it was flares too, not just smoke.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's funny cuz last week, security didn't care about the pyro or smoke...funny how they cared when Garber was in the house
    That's just stupid if it's true. You think Garber really cares about flares? As long teams are filling their stadiums (which Canadian MLS teams are doing) then he shouldn't have any issues with flares.

I think SG most likely got on bad side of security and paid for it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the article that Parky linked to:

Impact vice-president Richard Legendre said the fans created a dangerous situation by setting off flares and smoke bombs. He said the individuals responsible were identified last week and security moved in after they were received a warning.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post

Impact vice-president Richard Legendre said the fans created a dangerous situation by setting off flares and smoke bombs. He said the individuals responsible were identified last week and security moved in after they were received a warning.
    Didn't listen to a warning and they did it anyways. Don't feel bad for them at all. Be no different if someone put off a flare in the south end at BMO.

You know the rules, your on your own. Walking out because you can't play with fire is childish and shows your players and fans that you don't care about supporting them. IMO.

Sure it can be spin but until there are black and white rules this will be an issue in most places. Atleast we have black and white rules about these things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    I have dealt with a number of different levels of staff at that venue multiple times, they are a disgrace. Drogba levels of disgrace.

That should be noted, whether the limpact fans were acting the ass or not.
    Tough question...who are more notorious for being ass clowns - Impact fans or security guards?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's an interesting situation.

While the mass walkout showed that the supporters have each other's backs, it also showed that some supporters don't give a fuck about their actions or how the consequences will affect everyone.

And let's be honest - do you think the walkout would have happened if the team was winning? I doubt it. They were in a pissy mood to begin with.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montrealers don't show up for losing teams. That's why the Expos were moved to Washington.

the Expos moved to Washington because Jeffrey Loria is scum and the 1994 strike happened. Anyone competent and willing could have kept the Expos in Montreal. It's true that Montrealers have a tendency to be fair-weather, and at many times the expos did feel the full extent of that, though that's not the reason the Expos left. The Expos were a winning and viable franchise in the early 90's. Loria came in, sold all their assets, drove down interest by being awful at negotiating TV and Radio contracts, and subsequently sold the team to the league in return of a controlling stake in the new Miami team.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They hung their banner upside down last week in protest of their season.

Great stadium, roof on their heads to make them loud, yet have to push the line on fire. Whatever, some things never change.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys the rules were written in Anglais while they speak French. I think that this is the confusion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    the plot thickens...

I heard the smoke was lit outside of the designated supporters section, hence the ejection.

but in ex-TFC news: Luis Silva scored 3 goals against them. Cheers!
    http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...191/story.html

^ and according to this article, it was flares too, not just smoke.
    which they used last week with no repercussions

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post

starting to make more sense now

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    That's just stupid if it's true. You think Garber really cares about flares? As long teams are filling their stadiums (which Canadian MLS teams are doing) then he shouldn't have any issues with flares.

I think SG most likely got on bad side of security and paid for it.
    what they did yesterday was nothing compared to what they did last Wednesday

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't be suprised if Suputo moves to neuter UM02.

There's a supporters group in the corner, called 126. They stayed.

I also note that the pics before and after indicated a sudden influx of people in the top rows of that section - i.e. they didn't seem to go very far.

Stop singing, be quiet...fine.

But, Leaving over pyro?!?!?!

Do you support the team or the smoke?