Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovitz's substitution game time has to be a record for the fastest time ever spent on a field not stopped by the final whistle. Hope he's OK. He didn't look so hot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fuck we need to wake up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    fuck we need to wake up.
    No kidding. What are these guys doing?? They are giving SJ way too much leeway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good stuff from Bloom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lenhart is a shithead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inconsistent performance, but got the job done. Give them credit for grinding it out despite a sluggish 2nd half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugly, ugly, ugly second half, but who cares. San Jose plays highschool quality football, they deserve to lose every game they ever play when they play like that.

We're looking damn good standings-wise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Lenhart is a shithead.
    Ya. No kidding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MMmmm, tasty tasty points. I never knew they tasted this good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the 3 points ref

hagglund is definitely one of my favorite players on the team though

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a playoff spot with several games in hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 pts out of first place with 2 games in hand on the Revs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anybody watch the BT Sport stream? Lol what a gongshow. Awful ending but well done to FC Toronto.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll take grinding out an ugly 1-0 win after 3rd game in 7 days
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Did anybody watch the BT Sport stream? Lol what a gongshow. Awful ending but well done to FC Toronto.
    I thought we played really well. Oduro really adds a dimension when the other team is tired. Warner was solid; Hagglund was legendary. Osorio holds the ball very well. A good all around showing, missing maybe one goal and a little more offensive flair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That puts TFC at 4th in the league for PPG right now with 1.72, 2nd in the East.

After 11 games we also have the 4th best total points at 19 and 2nd in the East. (1 Point off of New England at 11 games who had 20)

After 11 games total points

RSL 23
    Seattle 22
    New England 20
    TFC 19

As it happens the Points Per Game stat is still showing the top 4 being the same but with Seattle in first and RSL in second.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I thought we played really well. Oduro really adds a dimension when the other team is tired. Warner was solid; Hagglund was legendary. Osorio holds the ball very well. A good all around showing, missing maybe one goal and a little more offensive flair.
    Agreed and thought Bloom was also great today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aside from the last 20 minutes, I agree. I was talking more about the commentary on the BT feed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So now for the sad part.. we are going into the break well. BUT.

When we come back.. from June 27th until August 3rd we have 10 games (9 league 1 friendly)

Sure we have games in hand.. but when these boys have to play on average ever 4 days for nearly 6 weeks that can't be good.
    Particularly when we play DC twice, KC again and New York. The only saving grace is maybe Houston will still be imploding they haven't scored a goal in 4 games.

Oh additional piece of happy/sad trivia. TFC has already won as many or more games then we did in our previous 3 seasons.

also we hit 19 points faster then we did in any season so far. Though in 2008 game 11 took us to 17 points and game 12 to 20 points. It's also only the third time we've hit 19 points before July.
    Last edited by Kaz; 06-07-2014 at 05:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the life of me I can't understand why RN plays people OUT OF POSITION all the time....Morrow has been solid at LB and Bloom at RB, and Hagglund partnering Caldwell....Why change that when they are all healthy??? Henry is a time-bomb...he almost blew the game again TWICE in the final 5 minutes....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beat a cruddy team at home grinding it out. Deserved the win. Great fun watching Linehart and Gordon vs Caldwell and Henry. A lot of respect between those 4 all game, between plays. Warner and Bekker actually challenged those two for headers.

Something to build on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    So now for the sad part.. we are going into the break well. BUT.

When we come back.. from June 27th until August 3rd we have 10 games (9 league 1 friendly)

Sure we have games in hand.. but when these boys have to play on average ever 4 days for nearly 6 weeks that can't be good.
    Particularly when we play DC twice, KC again and New York. The only saving grace is maybe Houston will still be imploding they haven't scored a goal in 4 games.
    Sure but to put how well we are doing, we can lose the next 5 games in a row and we will be still ahead the team in 5th place.

We would also have Bradley back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warner was good. For a stocky guy, he stays pretty lively all game long. Jackson also had a great game, where offensively he only isolated himself a couple of times.
    I personally like Moore with Defoe. He wants that ball and lets Defoe feed in wherever he pleases. Gilberto is a good player, but I would take a dominant, playmaking winger over him about now...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Hagglund might be the first name I've ever gotten on the back of a TFC shirt. Fuckin' love that kid, and he has a great head on his shoulders. Favourite thing he did today, was when San Jose hoofed a ball forward that was in an awkward place for our defense, Hagglund stretched to make an equally awkward header back to Bendik. Most other TFC defenders in our history, would have done something really stupid with it.

The kid must be over the moon right now - immediately playing his way into the starting XI of the team that drafted him, and getting to play minutes with the likes of Jermain Defoe and Michael Bradley.

Oh, and Lenhart is a cunt. Pardon my language. Ramming his shoulder into Bendik for no reason was a punk move.
    Last edited by Shakes McQueen; 06-07-2014 at 06:11 PM.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good first half effort. I have been Nelsen's harshest critic, but we are raking up the points at the moment so there is not much else to say with regards to that. Looking forward to having Bradley back after the world cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Sure but to put how well we are doing, we can lose the next 5 games in a row and we will be still ahead the team in 5th place.

We would also have Bradley back.
    Though likely, New York, Chicago and Montreal all Mathematically could pass us.
    Chicago needs to either tie both Seattle and SKC or beat one of them and they would have 19-20 points ( TFC would like still be ahead on GD in a tie)

and New York would have to beat New England this weekend.

Montreal would be unlikely but 3 wins and a tie isn't totally impossible (DC, Vancouver, Chivas, Houston)

That is just a nitpick though... we have done well... I'm just worried about the heavy July schedule.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kind of awesome that we are 4th in the East, despite playing 2 fewer games than New England and DC, and a whopping 4 fewer games than SKC (the three teams ahead of us).
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10 out of 12 points since Bradley and Cesar left for World Cup camps.

I'm not a huge fan of Nelsen's tactics, but he's definitely instilled a mental toughness in this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That right there was what a winning MLS club should look like. Substitute Bekker for Bradley and wow.

Jackson might actually be the key here, I never realized just how direct and creative he is. Best game of the year IMO, not necessarily the best performance, but being able to do that without Bradley.. HUGE step forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again for the second time, Hagglund is going to be an International. He has Henry's physical tools to go along with a brain. He's fun to watch.