Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bradley and Cesar at World Cup 2014

This thread is for discussion of our guys at WC2014.

To kick things off:

Klinsmann has been using Bradley as an AM in the pre tourney friendlies. Pretty radical is he actually does that in Brazil
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/03/sp...ccer.html?_r=0

Talk in the local papers that Cesar is staying and will go to Flamengo post WC
    http://www.superesportes.com.br/app/...flamengo.shtml
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I miss Cesar already. Nothing against Bendik but he just seemed like a top top guy in the locker room... and I was completely blindsided by that due to his stardom.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, over the years we've had plenty of players come and go at TFC who were either ambivalent about this club and the city, and a few who were downright resentful about having to live and work here. But after seeing clips of both Cesar and Bradley just before taking their leave for the WC break, you can really tell that they have a load of respect for Toronto, TFC, and it's fans. We know Bradley is coming back, but I agree with Martin about Cesar. I wish there was some way we could get him back, even if only for the remainder of the season.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 06-06-2014 at 03:48 AM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bradley with another amazing pass to assist on a goal yesterday. Just so lucky to have a guy as good as he is playing for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will definitely be rooting for Bradley and the Yanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rooting for Bradley, NOT the Yanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After the latest All For One I'm really gonna get behind Brazil (as long as Italy isn't playing them), would love to see Julio Cesar win it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadlocks View Post
    Rooting for Bradley, NOT the Yanks.
    In this strange bind, where I've always hated the Yanks hoping that they'd do poorly ... but now, with the number of MLS players, I want them to show that the league is competitive..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe Cesar will be back when he is out of contract. I don't think it would take DP money.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else see that Koevermans was at the game yesterday? Said he was on vacation in Toronto, and added without even being prompted that he wanted to move to Canada permanently one day.

Hopefully this city has a similar effect on Cesar, because I'd love to bring him back.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Maybe Cesar will be back when he is out of contract. I don't think it would take DP money.
    Unless he gets sold, his contract doesn't end until after the 2016 EPL season. I doubt he will have much in the tank after that.

I would love to see him back as a goalkeeper coach when he retires though. Couldn't think of anyone better for the job.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Anyone else see that Koevermans was at the game yesterday? Said he was on vacation in Toronto, and added without even being prompted that he wanted to move to Canada permanently one day.

Hopefully this city has a similar effect on Cesar, because I'd love to bring him back.
    He was also at the Columbus match, in the front row of 112
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They actually interviewed him at halftime on TSN. He's now an assistant coach with Utrecht and was here on vacation, enjoying the city. I wonder if he would make a good assistant for TFC?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to think that even if Ceasar is not returning after the World Cup that He would make an appearance at centre field to acknowledge the support he received here because I think he is genuine in what he says and his emotion that we saw in the All for One episode

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my US National Team flags on the way

Should be here by Thursday

http://soccer4all.com/us-soccer-nati...ar-flag-1.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amusing snippet during tonight's episode of ESPN's documentary series on the USMNT. Bradley says to Altidore he should come to Toronto and play up front with Defoe. "We can't afford to pay you though..." Bradley continued. Pretty hilarious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now ESPN has a docu on Brazil's NT and there is a segment with Julio Cesar. He talked about how fucked up things got at QPR when he was benched - to the point he was training separately in a park with his son. Then the TFC gig materialized "overnight" and he went on and on about how great his experience at TFC was and how it got him ready for WC. I am literally tearing up. Top shelf stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Now ESPN has a docu on Brazil's NT and there is a segment with Julio Cesar. He talked about how fucked up things got at QPR when he was benched - to the point he was training separately in a park with his son. Then the TFC gig materialized "overnight" and he went on and on about how great his experience at TFC was and how it got him ready for WC. I am literally tearing up. Top shelf stuff.
    Video clips... We need video clips lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think about how much that will do for the club!
    WE DID IT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    Think about how much that will do for the club!
    I know TFC has a dubious record in how it has treated players but I 100% think they did right by Julio Cesar and he is going to be a big advocate of TFC in his circles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Video clips... We need video clips lol
    Will keep my eyes open for one, wish I was more handy with that kind of stuff. His description of his situation at QPR was heartwrenching and his description of his time at TFC made me proud to be a TFC supporter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...just got answered
    Last edited by razor787; 06-10-2014 at 09:37 PM. Reason: oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will keep my eyes open for one, wish I was more handy with that kind of stuff. His description of his situation at QPR was heartwrenching and his description of his time at TFC made me proud to be a TFC supporter.
    Thanks, hopefully they will be on youtube in the next few days. I have a few brazilian friends who were not all that happy their starter came here and i want to send the clip to them.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for starting this thread. It's really up to us as "the soccer guys" in our respective lives to remind people that the millions of people watching are watching a TFC player we got to see play live this season.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the ESPN Inside US Soccer programs, try this link - I have no idea if it is geo locked, etc, so results may vary:

http://www.socceroverthere.com/?p=16710

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Koevs all striker academy? tell me where I can sign my kid up

Also, it just clicked that we have two WC players out there. One with a good chance of winning it all. That's pretty Fn cool
    Last edited by C.Ronaldo; 06-11-2014 at 10:45 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the episodes of March to Brazil are on YouTube parts 1 thru 6. It gives you an amazing look at everything the USMNT is all about and how lucky the Reds are to have a leader in the General.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the ESPN Inside US Soccer programs, try this link - I have no idea if it is geo locked, etc, so results may vary:

http://www.socceroverthere.com/?p=16710

Sweet, thanks for this Alan... I saw one episode of this last night and definitely want to see the rest.

Great look at professional and international soccer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Instant drinking game: do a shot every time you hear "Toronto FC" used at the World Cup. Drink a beer every time you see it on screen, or hear "TFC". If it's not frequent enough and you have days off for the World Cup, just drink anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Instant drinking game: do a shot every time you hear "Toronto FC" used at the World Cup. Drink a beer every time you see it on screen, or hear "TFC". If it's not frequent enough and you have days off for the World Cup, just drink anyway.
    That will be a grand total of 2 shots.