Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCDP View Post
    I am officially done with this team. It's one bloody big disappointment after another. I would like to thank everyone from this forum for all the hours of reading and Denime for the news every morning. Its been a slice.
    I officially say bye bye...see you under another name when we have winning team...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am officially done with this team. It's one bloody big disappointment after another. I would like to thank everyone from this forum for all the hours of reading and Denime for the news every morning. Its been a slice.
    Good luck in your future endeavors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be back as "tfcdp2" in 8-12 years I reckon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FUCK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why don't you get rid of some these trolls,they never have a positive thing to say..last time I checked we are supporters of a certain local club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Management has shown this off-season that they are doing their best to put a winning team out there. If you refuse to support your team now than it's probably because you were never a 'supporter' to begin with. NYCFC just signed a couple big players....maybe you can go jump on that bandwagon.Glory hunters.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    I don't get how making the playoffs is the measure of success. In what soccer league is finishing in the top 10 of 19 teams after breaking the bank on transfers considered a success. Did Manchester City say "we want to finish in the top 10 now that we have a huge player budget?" Their goal is to win it all!

If you're going to pass on winning your domestic cup, it better be for a better reason than saving your players so that they can strive for a top 10 finish. Let's set the bar a bit higher, please! At least say the goal is to make it to the conference final!
    Post of the week here folks, the bold part of it!
    Just think about this seriously...

Why the fck is such a big deal to get to the payoffs, when that only means that you are in the best 10 from 19 teams in a still Mickey Mouse league like the MLS... WTF???

With the investments this club made this year, and generally, considering it's financial potency compared to all the teams from this league, anything other than not finishing in the top 20% of the teams will be a failure. Should be a failure!

And what is 20% from 19 teams?
    4-5 teams, which translates to: if TFC does not make at least the semifinals in the playoffs this year, it's a failed season. AGAIN.

When we'll ever learn to ask for some performances from this organization?
    Making the playoffs is not a performance, it's just a marginally better than being a totally average team. That's what we'll be glad with?
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 06-05-2014 at 03:19 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was thoroughly upset with the loss, feel that we could have put a couple stronger players off the bat this match and definitely last. Thought we played decently for the first 20 mins of the first half, and most if not all of the second. This morning im a bit more ok with the loss (although still avoiding all news about it), sorta understand why we played the players we did. Definitely think we need a couple of creative players in the mid field. Think we will get 1 more this season which will sorta be enough until next year (Bradley will be back soon enough)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think we have the right depth at this point to compete in two different competitions, I think if this happens next year I will be much more upset bc by then we should be a team that has added more of the missing pieces, gelled and grown as a team, but still f*ck the Limpact!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ha ha you don't get football do ya pal !!!

this is our team, it's the town we live and that's that. There is no option for the real footie fans. We support, moan, Rejoice, through thick n thin. The only way u can change teams is if you change town, period !!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it's just me but I'd rather we do better in the MLS for the first time in our history than play some games here and there against, Saprissa, Aguila, or some other team I could care less about.

You guys need to stop comparing this team/league to the EPL. It doesn't make any any sense to do so. Why are you getting bent out of shape that this team is a disaster to watch when you know that there are guys on the field making 65K a year to play.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was away and couldn't watch the game, this is the first place I came. It looks like it was really bad.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have too many good memories buried amongst the crap to give up following this team. Besides, except for bandwaggon jumpers, your club is your destiny, you don't choose your club.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 06-05-2014 at 08:00 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    I don't believe we should accept that, though. Or at least I don't think it should be the attitude we and the club should ever adopt.

Toronto FC could win the MLS. We could take the Supporters Shield. We could even win every match in the regular season. But even if we were to accomplish all of those goals, the fact remains that none of them opens up higher levels of competition for us (ie: Concacaf Champions League and the Club World Cup).

The league is important in that it's our bread and butter. We get it. It makes sense. But the Canadian Championship is nothing we should ever take lightly for a number of reasons. Even if you forget about what I posted above about the avenue to higher competition, we're also playing to determine the best pro soccer team in the country. Shouldn't it be a source of pride to say our club has accomplished that four years in a row?

And conversely, when we lose these matches like we did tonight, I don't believe we should shrug them off or justify the bad performance (not suggesting you are, Thomas). I'm kinda pissed that we couldn't get the win against Montreal. Montreal! Are we all aware how incredibly shit the Impact have been this year? They've got four, maybe five useful players on their whole fucking squad!
    I hear you Cleaner. I really did want them to see them win, and I'm not trying to justify the loss. Going forward, no 'distractions' or excuses. Let's improve and get better results in the league the team is paid to play in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This cup was lost by not getting a good result in the first leg not last night. In any case, clearly this meant way more to the supporters than to the playing staff (players and coaches). And if this was not a priority to the playing staff, its because the top people didn't make it one. There is no way I can see RN saying "f this, we're not going to get burdened with CCL right now" if TL/TB felt otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh , I feel this was partly the first leg, partly nelson still experimenting with a terrible lineup. Jeremy hall makes me cringe every time i see him out on the pitch.

Also I think it's safe to say the gilberto experiment is over. Now can we get rid of him and get a decent AM DP?

We wont go anywhere in the playoffs without one......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is absolute rubbish! Defoe pass the fuking ball!!! pass the ball.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

oh well. Another year without CCL. Not a bad thing IMO.
    TBH - anyone who thinks that this team making the CCL would've been a good thing is smoking Rob Ford grade crack.

There is no depth in our roster. We start to play more games than we are scheduled and we would've crashed out of everything - league and CCL.
    At least now there is 1 less excuses as to why we can't compete game in and game out.

All up in your head, like your hairstylist!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    I was away and couldn't watch the game, this is the first place I came. It looks like it was really bad.
    a lot a hyperbole in here hahahahaha

Orsorio scores and it not bad meaning bad but bad meaning good lol

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Post of the week here folks, the bold part of it!
    Just think about this seriously...

Why the fck is such a big deal to get to the payoffs, when that only means that you are in the best 10 from 19 teams in a still Mickey Mouse league like the MLS... WTF???

With the investments this club made this year, and generally, considering it's financial potency compared to all the teams from this league, anything other than not finishing in the top 20% of the teams will be a failure. Should be a failure!

And what is 20% from 19 teams?
    4-5 teams, which translates to: if TFC does not make at least the semifinals in the playoffs this year, it's a failed season. AGAIN.

When we'll ever learn to ask for some performances from this organization?
    Making the playoffs is not a performance, it's just a marginally better than being a totally average team. That's what we'll be glad with?
    It's better than being the shit awful team they've been for the last 8 years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFCDP will be back in 4 weeks.

There is no escape.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rat View Post
    This is absolute rubbish! Defoe pass the fuking ball!!! pass the ball.
    To who? Bekker? Who will just turn around and send it all the way back, and that's if he even makes it to the pass. Or to Hall who will just give it away? Or to Lovitz who can't run more than 10 seconds?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    Meh , I feel this was partly the first leg, partly nelson still experimenting with a terrible lineup. Jeremy hall makes me cringe every time i see him out on the pitch.

Also I think it's safe to say the gilberto experiment is over. Now can we get rid of him and get a decent AM DP?

We wont go anywhere in the playoffs without one......
    The coaching staff would have to be convinced to play a different formation before we'd ever get a AM. We intentionally play without one.

If this group replace Gilberto, it's going to be for some oaf who will play off Defoe that we'll use as an excuse to lump 60 yard passes towards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHy do ppl care about this stupid tournament anyway...we need to do well in MLS and try and win it all. I dont want this team travelling all over the place mid week then having to play on the weekend in MLS. CL is good when u have a bad team and MLS season is already over with, but for teams in contention it will kill and tire them out for no reason.

Jeremy Hall, wow what a horrific player. I am not sure how a kid with zero skill has made it this far, the only thing that seperates him and guys on my team is his overall physical shape. Other then that the kids a plug, when he plays the team has no flow. All he does is pass the ball back to his full backs or he tries to pass the ball up field but either misplaces it big time or gets gobbled up by opposing team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We avoided having to play in the Europa League last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lets win Saturday..transfer window coming up july 8,we hv 2 intl spots open,i really like rey,but he has been off this season,i think he is on the block,giberto,gilberto,what do we do with gilberto?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    lets win Saturday..transfer window coming up july 8,we hv 2 intl spots open,i really like rey,but he has been off this season,i think he is on the block,giberto,gilberto,what do we do with gilberto?
    Forget Gilberto, where and how can we get rid of Hall?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Forget Gilberto, where and how can we get rid of Hall?
    We might have to wait for the draft.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    The coaching staff would have to be convinced to play a different formation before we'd ever get a AM. We intentionally play without one.

Interestingly, Larson tweeted this last night
    Kurtis Larson @KurtLarSUN · 11h

Nelsen told me he thinks Gilberto, Moore, Defoe can all start together.

4-4-2 still I suppose....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hall is done..we have warner now,and Bradley in july,i don't think he will see the bench again.plus we need to keep these guys for the expansion draft next year.