• Yes, lets do it!

59 66.29%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Unite The South End

After reading the pyro thread and other issues going on in the site, I was wondering why don't all the supporters groups unite in the southend. Imagine that whole south section singing the same chants together, it would be amazing. Get kings in the north and original 109 and bring them over. Also I believe if more true supporters are in the south end, it would weed out the casuals. What do you guys think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya there is a lot to this to explain why that can't happen, but overall, supporter sections were made back in 2007 in a couple different areas, ever since then season ticket holders have purchased tickts all through out the South End (usually always sold out), Not everyone behind the net however is part of a supporter group meaning amongst our supporter groups are hard core fans that don't want to be part of a group, casual fans, first timers, kids, parents, people who just want to be part of a fun atmosphere, girls looking for attention, people who just want to party, you name it we are all mixed in amongst the south end. In order for say 600 (throwing random numbers here out) red patch boys and another 600 USector supporters and another 200 North End Elite supporters to all move into the middle of the South End we need another 1,400 fans to give up there season seats and move else where for us to move in. That just won't happen, many people have seats and are happy where they are and will not just give up there season seats so supporter groups can take over.

The closest way we could come to achieve this is if all South End was changed to general admission, meaning no one in the South End is assigned to a seat, meaning people could move among the stand freely. The only thing supporter groups would need to do to make this work in a general admission South End, is to make sure they get there early and take up the middle of the south End together. Even then it still wouldn't be perfect as supporters in other sections outside of the south end would still not be able to just move into the South End. People who have seats say in 114, row 8 seat 6 might not have a seat assigned to them anymore but they are still assigned to the South End stand and most likely many people would still keep season tickets in the South End stand, they just might not stand in 114 anymore. But it would be a improvement as far as supporter groups in the South End are concerned, But that said I don't think BMO field will change it seats policy.
    Last edited by james; 06-01-2014 at 01:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Realistically, the club should just implement changes and if the ticket holders don't like it, they can get to the back of the line. Tough decisions need to be made to correct the mistakes of the past. We're not even a 10 year old club so there's no history and entitlement to next year's seat location.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Realistically, the club should just implement changes and if the ticket holders don't like it, they can get to the back of the line. Tough decisions need to be made to correct the mistakes of the past. We're not even a 10 year old club so there's no history and entitlement to next year's seat location.
    ya but you also got to look at it, does the club care? tickets are selling, fans are singing and cheering, there are supporting groups, there are drums and flags and banners. Does the club care if supporter groups could be louder and more organized? It probably isn't really a big deal to them. Supporters might prefer it, but other fans probably don't care or think the same way supporter groups do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    ya but you also got to look at it, does the club care? tickets are selling, fans are singing and cheering, there are supporting groups, there are drums and flags and banners. Does the club care if supporter groups could be louder and more organized? It probably isn't really a big deal to them. Supporters might prefer it, but other fans probably don't care or think the same way supporter groups do.
    Given that Big Tim has expressed his desire for a roof to achieve those very means, I'd say it's something they'd consider worth looking at. That wouldn't be the case with Anselmi and co. at the helm, but it's a different era now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given that Big Tim has expressed his desire for a roof to achieve those very means, I'd say it's something they'd consider worth looking at. That wouldn't be the case with Anselmi and co. at the helm, but it's a different era now.
    maybe, Don't get me wrong I would love a general admission stand. But not everybody does. Some people would complain, people say in 114 or 115 might hate the idea of having flags, smoke bombs and constant singing right in front of them and would complain. And sometime I think that is a concern to the club, they got to try and make everybody happy. And part of me things we are getting a roof because a lot of people in the South End want one because they are sick of getting rained on , might be a bigger reason for the roof then the noise factor.

But these are just my opinions I got no facts behind it.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if it can or will ever happen, but it would be nice to have all vocal people in one area. We've certainly discussed this in past years. I can say from my experience in 111 that there are a lot of people in 110 that are vocal (and often do the same chants as 112), but because of distance the two sections are always out of sync which results in 111 folks getting extremely confused. In a dream world, all these peeps would be in a single area and singing in unison.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 110 folks love their vantage point though, so they're likely to stay there no matter what happens in the south end.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the best chance of resolving this issue will be when they upgrade the stadium. If they close that corner between 111 and 112 then a lot of supporters from other areas could move in there and not affect other SSH's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's easy to say, and very pretentious of you, if you're not the one being displaced. I've had my seats since day 1. I show up to (al)most every game and although I may not sing to every disjointed chant attempt, I stand up for my club. It's not my fault, nor the folks around me, that the supporters group of which I am a member of didn't pick the proper section back in '06, and yes I do think I am entitled to my seat until such a time as I don't renew it.

Dom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe once the Stadium is upgraded then we should see supporters all in the same area I for one support this idea big time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    I don't know if it can or will ever happen, but it would be nice to have all vocal people in one area. We've certainly discussed this in past years. I can say from my experience in 111 that there are a lot of people in 110 that are vocal (and often do the same chants as 112), but because of distance the two sections are always out of sync which results in 111 folks getting extremely confused. In a dream world, all these peeps would be in a single area and singing in unison.
    yup are problem always has been that people in 112 can't here 114 singing, people in 110 can't here 112 singing, 110 starts a chant but 112 doesn't notice it until 110 has already been singing for a minute and are stopping to sing and then all of a sudden 112 starts singing it. But its hard to get everyone together, if only back in 2007 we had general admission from day 1 this would not be an issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    That's easy to say, and very pretentious of you, if you're not the one being displaced. I've had my seats since day 1. I show up to (al)most every game and although I may not sing to every disjointed chant attempt, I stand up for my club. It's not my fault, nor the folks around me, that the supporters group of which I am a member of didn't pick the proper section back in '06, and yes I do think I am entitled to my seat until such a time as I don't renew it.

Dom
    No, it's easier to pout about the problems and not be proactive in finding a solution, like I said, tough decisions have to be made. Some people will just have to stand for the team some place else.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Start with learning chants and teaching those who don't know the chants. United in Voice should be the goal... not uniting the south.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once BMO field gets renovated, the seating arrangement will be changed. It only makes sense for MLSE to create a supporter section. This way, the sections would be louder and full with hard core supporters in addition to the roof that has been proposed. With the new roof, it will be louder and people will hear cheers from other sections

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, but adding all the supporters into one area will make our chants louder and united! Also I saw the brochure that wowza created, why don't we start handing them out at games?!?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I was MLSE, I would make the section behind the goal of the renovated north stand a general admission area (slightly higher ticket price then the south). See what happens.

Then, if people enjoy that, do the same on the south - using demand as a shoehorn and price to move others over.

Then, watch stuff slowly creep out over both ends. The cheapskates will move and those who are vocal will stay.

And, although I know this goes against supporter culture in the world, relying upon the supporters groups in Toronto to organize within the current seating/ticketing framework is probably not going to happen.

If MLSE wants a cauldron of noise, it might have to create the base from which supporters can work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think the first goal should be having everyone in the stand before kickoff...watching people slag in 15, 20, 25 minutes after kickoff is just pure pathetic

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    i think the first goal should be having everyone in the stand before kickoff...watching people slag in 15, 20, 25 minutes after kickoff is just pure pathetic
    In previous seasons, when I would walk over from a friends condo I would agree. But this year, having usually come to games straight from work, BMO is not an easy field to get to on gameday. The traffic in the area is a nightmare, then you have to find a spot to park, etc. It sure has changed my gameday experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    In previous seasons, when I would walk over from a friends condo I would agree. But this year, having usually come to games straight from work, BMO is not an easy field to get to on gameday. The traffic in the area is a nightmare, then you have to find a spot to park, etc. It sure has changed my gameday experience.
    weekday games i get, but you are saying the average person cannot properly manage their time to make a 5pm KO on a Saturday

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Supporting View Post
    After reading the pyro thread and other issues going on in the site, I was wondering why don't all the supporters groups unite in the southend. Imagine that whole south section singing the same chants together, it would be amazing. Get kings in the north and original 109 and bring them over. Also I believe if more true supporters are in the south end, it would weed out the casuals. What do you guys think?
    The Red Patch Boys are already mostly situated in the South End. U-Sector is already mostly situated in the South End. That's a big chunk of the recognized supporters right there, and as seats open up more of our respective members are able to make the move into 112/113. If you really want to unite the South End, shouldn't this be posted on the forums of all those various smaller groups? Or is it already? I mean, we're already there and we're already pretty united.

Or is this another example of our group being asked to bring an issue to the FO on behalf of someone else? Understand that I'm not bothered with that if that's the case - I just want some no-bullshit clarification for once, because it tends to happen more than most people may think.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 06-01-2014 at 11:32 PM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Start with learning chants and teaching those who don't know the chants. United in Voice should be the goal... not uniting the south.
    + fucking 1.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Let's say you get all the vocal folks in a middle section.

Then what? How does it become Portland just by moving folks?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rewind 2 years....

Who could imagine that THIS is what we would be debating?

I think that this is freaking awesome!

I have been thinking about it a bit, and I think that what we probably need to do to improve atmosphere is wait...

New younger supporters coming in and filling out the stadium and supporters sections.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    Rewind 2 years....

Who could imagine that THIS is what we would be debating?

I think that this is freaking awesome!

I have been thinking about it a bit, and I think that what we probably need to do to improve atmosphere is wait...

New younger supporters coming in and filling out the stadium and supporters sections.
    This has been a topic since just about day 1. Nothing new here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    + fucking 1.
    I'd rather start uniting the south in voice before we start unitin the whole stadium in voice besides the whole stadium singing will never happen

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im in 117 was generally happy how things were there for a long while (first 5 or so seasons), there were chants, not necessarily organized but organic and everyone in our stand and most of the west side would get going. now its mostly tourists and the chanting is sporadic at best. Wouldnt mind a capo sorta, not a fan of General admission. We've had the same seats since the second day of tickets going on sale and I want these seats until im dead. Even then i expect my grandkids to take them over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    weekday games i get, but you are saying the average person cannot properly manage their time to make a 5pm KO on a Saturday
    cause of all the delays, subway being down, construction....took me 2 fucking hours to get downtown from just Eglinton. Could have walked faster. Hard to gauge THAT much extra time being needed. Thankfully for me, I was shooting to be there well early, but the non supporter is not aiming for that.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It won't be up to us ultimately whether or not TFC wants to have more than a regular relocation. If the question is if people would move to all stand together or remain where they are because they enjoy what they've done and are doing I think the answer is obvious.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it's easier to pout about the problems and not be proactive in finding a solution, like I said, tough decisions have to be made. Some people will just have to stand for the team some place else.
    Playing devils advocate here - but how would you feel if that tough decision was you and the rest of the vocal supporters getting relocated to a different area of the stadium, without any say in where?