Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    let's give this one a second reading

yep.

it's not about what you say, it's about what you DO.

here's a checklist:
    • Go to the game (on time, or early)
    • cheer for the boys (in red)
    • put in a little extra effort (bring a flag, or a drum, or help with a banner, whatever)
    • show respect to the people around you (so don't block their view or spill beer on them and expect them to just accept it)
    • don't think you're entitled to anything more than the next guy (because we're all in this together)
    • repeat

Yep. I'm a big fan of that post. Just show up and get to work.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let's give this one a second reading

yep.

it's not about what you say, it's about what you DO.

here's a checklist:
    • put in a little extra effort (bring a flag, or a drum, or help with a banner, whatever)
    • show respect to the people around you (so don't block their view or spill beer on them and expect them to just accept it)
    • don't think you're entitled to anything more than the next guy (because we're all in this together)
    • repeat
    That's one thing GA will cure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    The leadership of both groups work very well together. No problems at all. We have co-operated on many projects and chants over the years. There are a couple of individuals who put down the other group, but it's not a big deal.

I think the reference is probably to some people in 114, not U-Sector.
    that didn't seem to be the case on Wednesday

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we did the massive in sync, we did the ultra call in sync. The drums did a really good job of getting people started together for the slowclaps and 'hands up' chants.

We can always improve, but last weekend was pretty good between 112 and 113.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rat View Post
    my 2 cents.

I've stopped posting here because " These so called Supporters groups are 1% work ethic 99% bullshit "
    Do you want to make a difference in the future, make a difference today.
    Change today for it will change tomorrow.
    I've been doing the same shit game in game out. You want a united south end? Then start tomorrow and bring it to the game and every game after that! then you will see how the puzzles forms itself.

Until then is all talk that amounts to nothing!

Agreed with this 100%
    Unfortunately it seems no one else thought it was worth acknowledging.
    Got lost in the BS lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

again, that's a strictly theoretical statement. How can you guarantee something like that? You cant.
    +1

Maybe I've been watching to many political debates, but guarantees are being thrown like Kathleen Wynne and Tim Hudak on here.

I know what we have, I know what has transpired with the other groups, and I know what took us to top of the league support as it was mentioned earlier by someone else. That was Red Patch Boys, Usector, and NEE.

I go back to respect of your fellow supporters, whether they are affiliated or not. Start there, then embrace our differances. That has always been a key ingredient in the success of RPB.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can always improve, but last weekend was pretty good between 112 and 113.
    in the second half

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Supporting View Post
    Well, I haven't posted on other forums if that's you want me to do...? I was just thinking to myself wouldn't it be amazing if all the groups were together in the South section, which would help us with people not singing in these sections. Yes, I admit the bottom of 112-113 is united but we still need to work on the upper portion.
    I don't see why you shouldn't. Again, a big chunk of our membership and U-Sector's are already located in the South End. And as seats open up before each season, we have opportunities to bring more members in. So like I said, we're there already and we have a good deal of co-operation between us.

So if the goal is to unite the south - or to be more clear, find a way to bring the smaller supporter groups into the Supporters Section; the best way to do that is to organize them and try to bang out an agreement with the Front Office.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 06-06-2014 at 08:06 PM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I understand the conversation, but fuck's sake (next to pro USMNT shite) do I hate reading how great UM02 do on this board.

First off, they are overrated as hell as far as I'm concerned. Sure for 90 they persist, cannot be denied, but it's otherwise "lalalala heyo Montreal". Good job you fucking simpletons. Legendary support with your upside down banners 'n shit. Nice job with the goal banners at the match, blue tape on dirty bed sheets. Fucking skillful they are.

Second off, fuck the Limpact.
    I have the weirdest boner for Ryan's post right now.

here's a checklist:
    • repeat
    And now I got one for Parky's...
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Supporting View Post
    But if everyone made the change together, I guarantee there wouldn't be problems like SG114. The man issue would be united the groups as one.
    What makes you think that GA with united south would solve anything?

If supporters were able to work together we would have now one BIG RPB SG,and U-Sector.

Why we don't have it?

Well,since according to you ,you are "new" here I'll try to pitch you in with some history of TFC support,you should know that Former NEE ,SG 111 and SG114 members (most of them if not all at one point of time) were RPB,and left because RPB did not want to support TFC their way,they split and started their own SGs,first two don't exist anymore,and last one wont last long aether,for one simple reason,none of them is ready to take responsibilities for their action and eventually TFC FO will have to act.

Some people want GA because it would allow them to hide the shit they pull,shit that eventually would cost all of us in south to pay a steep price.

I read 'Section 8' in Chicago and Portland were mention as example,both SGs have structure,process,and most importantly accountability,board of elected members is running whole show,while rest of membership follows.

Until we get this all sorted out ,starting with accountability of every supporter in south,united south will be nothing else then pipe dream.

(EDIT: Removed the "spoiled" bit. Not needed. ~Shakes)
    Last edited by Shakes McQueen; 06-06-2014 at 06:28 PM.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That'll help foster a spirit of cooperation…

Just to keep you up on current events. we met with fo this week and they didn't seem to have anything to "act" on.

The groups are trying to work together despite some members acting like teenagers.

Like I said in an earlier post some have stirred up shit in the past. Myself included and that was a mistake. Our little group has even joined rpb at joes with no negative consequences. I really believe cooperation is possible if we all put our big boy pants on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    Like I said in an earlier post some have stirred up shit in the past. Myself included and that was a mistake. Our little group has even joined rpb at joes with no negative consequences.
    We would never make anyone feel unwelcomed in our bar - You know this being a former RPB. Before you were a member we even invited NEE as well on a couple of occasions and they came and sat down at my table.

Usector, well they have always had their own bar and never had a need or want to go to Joe's... We joined them once for a big march at Mauro?! That was prety good.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hell, even Whitecaps supporters went to the Joe's without incident
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    We would never make anyone feel unwelcomed in our bar - You know this being a former RPB. Before you were a member we even invited NEE as well on a couple of occasions and they came and sat down at my table.

Usector, well they have always had their own bar and never had a need or want to go to Joe's... We joined them once for a big march at Mauro?! That was prety good.
    Yup Flush. Always felt welcome at Joes. Many good times and more to come.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At RPB, we have taken years to implement structure and support for our team. We have looked to other supporters groups around the MLS and beyond to see what steps have been taken to strengthen support. As a result, we have incorporated our group as a not for profit and looked to comply by MLS rules for both home and away support. Our goal is to have strong support for any Toronto FC game within our league and contribute to Football culture and awareness. We work with the team to ensure continued access to our section when relocation season is here, and provide us access to our beloved team at our groups events. We also strive to have a place on the internet to discuss our boys in red, along with supporting charities and youth teams in the community.

Moving forward as a group, we are looking to enhance the support for the team and feel the first positive step is the installation of a roof on the south stand. It will help us unite in voice and really that is what is being asked in this thread. Merging the groups would be a long process that we are not ready to take that on at this point. It would require a board that represents the groups and represents its membership appropriately and require an election process that is fair. Other groups would have to agree to these terms in order to move forward however there are some pretty big divides existing in the attitudes towards support as it stands. Accountability is another major factor in this, we are doing our best at RPB to be accountable to our membership and team.

Our mandate for this season is to strengthen our voices in the stands with U-Sector who reside in the section next to us, as well as helping our other RPB sections in 111 and the top part of 110 that is shared with Original 109. Uniting these voices in the stands will be when we can examine the other challenges in Toronto FC supporting culture. The expansion of the stadium holds many exciting possibilities, a roof and maybe the chance to relocate. All of this is something that we have yet to be officially consulted on but I know for a fact that we will be sitting at the table when the team calls.

At this point we have a private members discussion dealing with the issue and this public one seems to invite accusations and drama, both things we don't need on the message board. We all look forward to supporting the team in the stands, either home or away with our brothers and sisters with Pride, Passion and Purpose.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil