59 66.29%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Unite The South End

After reading the pyro thread and other issues going on in the site, I was wondering why don't all the supporters groups unite in the southend. Imagine that whole south section singing the same chants together, it would be amazing. Get kings in the north and original 109 and bring them over. Also I believe if more true supporters are in the south end, it would weed out the casuals. What do you guys think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya there is a lot to this to explain why that can't happen, but overall, supporter sections were made back in 2007 in a couple different areas, ever since then season ticket holders have purchased tickts all through out the South End (usually always sold out), Not everyone behind the net however is part of a supporter group meaning amongst our supporter groups are hard core fans that don't want to be part of a group, casual fans, first timers, kids, parents, people who just want to be part of a fun atmosphere, girls looking for attention, people who just want to party, you name it we are all mixed in amongst the south end. In order for say 600 (throwing random numbers here out) red patch boys and another 600 USector supporters and another 200 North End Elite supporters to all move into the middle of the South End we need another 1,400 fans to give up there season seats and move else where for us to move in. That just won't happen, many people have seats and are happy where they are and will not just give up there season seats so supporter groups can take over.

The closest way we could come to achieve this is if all South End was changed to general admission, meaning no one in the South End is assigned to a seat, meaning people could move among the stand freely. The only thing supporter groups would need to do to make this work in a general admission South End, is to make sure they get there early and take up the middle of the south End together. Even then it still wouldn't be perfect as supporters in other sections outside of the south end would still not be able to just move into the South End. People who have seats say in 114, row 8 seat 6 might not have a seat assigned to them anymore but they are still assigned to the South End stand and most likely many people would still keep season tickets in the South End stand, they just might not stand in 114 anymore. But it would be a improvement as far as supporter groups in the South End are concerned, But that said I don't think BMO field will change it seats policy.
    Last edited by james; 06-01-2014 at 01:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Realistically, the club should just implement changes and if the ticket holders don't like it, they can get to the back of the line. Tough decisions need to be made to correct the mistakes of the past. We're not even a 10 year old club so there's no history and entitlement to next year's seat location.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Realistically, the club should just implement changes and if the ticket holders don't like it, they can get to the back of the line. Tough decisions need to be made to correct the mistakes of the past. We're not even a 10 year old club so there's no history and entitlement to next year's seat location.
    ya but you also got to look at it, does the club care? tickets are selling, fans are singing and cheering, there are supporting groups, there are drums and flags and banners. Does the club care if supporter groups could be louder and more organized? It probably isn't really a big deal to them. Supporters might prefer it, but other fans probably don't care or think the same way supporter groups do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    ya but you also got to look at it, does the club care? tickets are selling, fans are singing and cheering, there are supporting groups, there are drums and flags and banners. Does the club care if supporter groups could be louder and more organized? It probably isn't really a big deal to them. Supporters might prefer it, but other fans probably don't care or think the same way supporter groups do.
    Given that Big Tim has expressed his desire for a roof to achieve those very means, I'd say it's something they'd consider worth looking at. That wouldn't be the case with Anselmi and co. at the helm, but it's a different era now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given that Big Tim has expressed his desire for a roof to achieve those very means, I'd say it's something they'd consider worth looking at. That wouldn't be the case with Anselmi and co. at the helm, but it's a different era now.
    maybe, Don't get me wrong I would love a general admission stand. But not everybody does. Some people would complain, people say in 114 or 115 might hate the idea of having flags, smoke bombs and constant singing right in front of them and would complain. And sometime I think that is a concern to the club, they got to try and make everybody happy. And part of me things we are getting a roof because a lot of people in the South End want one because they are sick of getting rained on , might be a bigger reason for the roof then the noise factor.

But these are just my opinions I got no facts behind it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's easy to say, and very pretentious of you, if you're not the one being displaced. I've had my seats since day 1. I show up to (al)most every game and although I may not sing to every disjointed chant attempt, I stand up for my club. It's not my fault, nor the folks around me, that the supporters group of which I am a member of didn't pick the proper section back in '06, and yes I do think I am entitled to my seat until such a time as I don't renew it.

Dom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    That's easy to say, and very pretentious of you, if you're not the one being displaced. I've had my seats since day 1. I show up to (al)most every game and although I may not sing to every disjointed chant attempt, I stand up for my club. It's not my fault, nor the folks around me, that the supporters group of which I am a member of didn't pick the proper section back in '06, and yes I do think I am entitled to my seat until such a time as I don't renew it.

Dom
    No, it's easier to pout about the problems and not be proactive in finding a solution, like I said, tough decisions have to be made. Some people will just have to stand for the team some place else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it's easier to pout about the problems and not be proactive in finding a solution, like I said, tough decisions have to be made. Some people will just have to stand for the team some place else.
    Playing devils advocate here - but how would you feel if that tough decision was you and the rest of the vocal supporters getting relocated to a different area of the stadium, without any say in where?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Playing devils advocate here - but how would you feel if that tough decision was you and the rest of the vocal supporters getting relocated to a different area of the stadium, without any say in where?
    I'd be bummed out, I admit it. But I also don't feel any special entitlements just because.

I was a season ticket holder for the first 5 seasons so it's not like I haven't been in the position.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if it can or will ever happen, but it would be nice to have all vocal people in one area. We've certainly discussed this in past years. I can say from my experience in 111 that there are a lot of people in 110 that are vocal (and often do the same chants as 112), but because of distance the two sections are always out of sync which results in 111 folks getting extremely confused. In a dream world, all these peeps would be in a single area and singing in unison.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    I don't know if it can or will ever happen, but it would be nice to have all vocal people in one area. We've certainly discussed this in past years. I can say from my experience in 111 that there are a lot of people in 110 that are vocal (and often do the same chants as 112), but because of distance the two sections are always out of sync which results in 111 folks getting extremely confused. In a dream world, all these peeps would be in a single area and singing in unison.
    yup are problem always has been that people in 112 can't here 114 singing, people in 110 can't here 112 singing, 110 starts a chant but 112 doesn't notice it until 110 has already been singing for a minute and are stopping to sing and then all of a sudden 112 starts singing it. But its hard to get everyone together, if only back in 2007 we had general admission from day 1 this would not be an issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 110 folks love their vantage point though, so they're likely to stay there no matter what happens in the south end.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the best chance of resolving this issue will be when they upgrade the stadium. If they close that corner between 111 and 112 then a lot of supporters from other areas could move in there and not affect other SSH's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe once the Stadium is upgraded then we should see supporters all in the same area I for one support this idea big time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuelphStorm2007 View Post
    I believe once the Stadium is upgraded then we should see supporters all in the same area I for one support this idea big time

Yeah I agree, and somewhere in the middle at a discounted rater like DC United would be a great gesture from the team. A pipe dream for sure, but you never know... maybe middle top on the east end if they add seating there. I know a lot of supporters like being closer to the action, but the view of the game isn't great right at field level.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Start with learning chants and teaching those who don't know the chants. United in Voice should be the goal... not uniting the south.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, but adding all the supporters into one area will make our chants louder and united! Also I saw the brochure that wowza created, why don't we start handing them out at games?!?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Start with learning chants and teaching those who don't know the chants. United in Voice should be the goal... not uniting the south.
    + fucking 1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post

This is key, we won't all unite under one banner for various reasons yet, we are united in how we would like to support.

Getting all of those folks together is not an easy task.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once BMO field gets renovated, the seating arrangement will be changed. It only makes sense for MLSE to create a supporter section. This way, the sections would be louder and full with hard core supporters in addition to the roof that has been proposed. With the new roof, it will be louder and people will hear cheers from other sections

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bardown Snipes View Post
    Once BMO field gets renovated, the seating arrangement will be changed. It only makes sense for MLSE to create a supporter section. This way, the sections would be louder and full with hard core supporters in addition to the roof that has been proposed. With the new roof, it will be louder and people will hear cheers from other sections
    This is the only way to do it IMHO. Create a new supporters section, in a new areas allow those that want to unify in it to move to it. Moving seats should be a choice, and not forced on anyone - on either side.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wrong.

This will mean to buy tickets in this section the team will give you a warning much like they have signage in the stands saying what may be happening in the section. That does not create hardcore support. It creates people who tick a box to get cheap tickets. There will be no interview process to ensure the desired result is achieved.
    Also the roof design as it is now WILL NOT help acoustics. It's far to high and not closed off at the back. It won't even cover half the stand from the elements. Ya know, if one cares about that sort of thing...
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Wrong.

This will mean to buy tickets in this section the team will give you a warning much like they have signage in the stands saying what may be happening in the section. That does not create hardcore support. It creates people who tick a box to get cheap tickets. There will be no interview process to ensure the desired result is achieved.
    Also the roof design as it is now WILL NOT help acoustics. It's far to high and not closed off at the back. It won't even cover half the stand from the elements. Ya know, if one cares about that sort of thing...
    I think it'll add, albeit minimally, not what people are hoping/expecting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wrong.

It will help acoustics, it really will. The noise will roll up towards the back of the stand and then get pushed down again. I for one can not wait to have a roof. Mark my words, the atmosphere will become incredible. But we have to do this right. Moving those together who want to sing will help.

If you don't think it won't create hardcore support to have GA, then take a look at Portland, Seattle, San Jose and even Montreal Impact. We're a long way behind those guys these days

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoGooner View Post
    It will help acoustics, it really will. The noise will roll up towards the back of the stand and then get pushed down again. I for one can not wait to have a roof. Mark my words, the atmosphere will become incredible. But we have to do this right. Moving those together who want to sing will help.

If you don't think it won't create hardcore support to have GA, then take a look at Portland, Seattle, San Jose and even Montreal Impact. We're a long way behind those guys these days

Gooner as the plans state (as of now and we can hope they change) The roof HAS NO BACK. No sound to roll back. It's higher than necessary for us since they want the stands to move back for gridiron.

So when you look at other clubs stadia remember we're not getting what they have. Not unless plans change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wrong.

A roof would help, it cages in the sound and reflects it back onto the field instead of just being let out into the air. This way, many sections will hear eachother cheering and it will be far louder. If you look at any stadium with a roof, it is way louder because the sound is reflected. If you ever go to Leaf games, the roof is what keeps the sound in the building and it echoes inside (its the same principle).

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A roof would help, it cages in the sound and reflects it back onto the field instead of just being let out into the air. This way, many sections will hear eachother cheering and it will be far louder. If you look at any stadium with a roof, it is way louder because the sound is reflected. If you ever go to Leaf games, the roof is what keeps the sound in the building and it echoes inside (its the same principle).
    This is what I just posted to Gooner a page back:

Gooner as the plans state (as of now and we can hope they change) The roof HAS NO BACK. No sound to roll back. It's higher than necessary for us since they want the stands to move back for gridiron.

So when you look at other clubs stadia remember we're not getting what they have. Not unless plans change.

Acoustically, this roof will not help.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Acoustically, this roof will not help.
    You think so? I'm no acoustics expert, so if I'm wrong, I'd love to hear the explanation. But wouldn't any roof, even one that's open, at least keep some of the sound in?
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I was MLSE, I would make the section behind the goal of the renovated north stand a general admission area (slightly higher ticket price then the south). See what happens.

Then, if people enjoy that, do the same on the south - using demand as a shoehorn and price to move others over.

Then, watch stuff slowly creep out over both ends. The cheapskates will move and those who are vocal will stay.

And, although I know this goes against supporter culture in the world, relying upon the supporters groups in Toronto to organize within the current seating/ticketing framework is probably not going to happen.

If MLSE wants a cauldron of noise, it might have to create the base from which supporters can work.