30 33.71%
  • Yes, lets do it!

59 66.29%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it seems that, just by reading some of the comments here, one of the major problems (if not the major problem) in the supporters sections currently is the issue of tourists buying tickets for those sections due to price and are then unwilling and uncomfortable in joining in the atmosphere. though, every single stadium I've gone to in NA, Europe and Asia the supporters sections are literally always the cheapest seats. So this problem of cheapest tickets being in the supporters section is not just ours. How do other teams and supporters with our predicament fair in fending off the tourists and attracting willing participants instead? I mean, some teams just give all the supporters section seats to the supporters groups and tell them to figure it out for themselves. But that's a typically south American thing and I'm not sure too many teams follow that model. for instance, I doubt any MLS teams follow that model but few would have significant signage indicating to sit somewhere else due to the standing, noise etc. yet there are obviously some very successful and well coordinated groups in this league without the tourist problem.

So what's the solution? better signage?

Also on the topic of what could the FO give to SSH who they would be trying to get to move in order to create GA, I'd assume it would be to choose your seat elsewhere but keep the price of the tickets you had in the south end. That would make sense and would help weed out the people who buy seasons there for the price and nothing else.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Supporting View Post
    Well, I haven't posted on other forums if that's you want me to do...? I was just thinking to myself wouldn't it be amazing if all the groups were together in the South section, which would help us with people not singing in these sections. Yes, I admit the bottom of 112-113 is united but we still need to work on the upper portion.
    You absolutely should do this. Start with the U-Sector board and see how far you get.

What ended happening to NEE? I have been looking over the internet for a while but nothing comes up and I cant join their forum?
    Group folded for reasons that I don't want to go into on this board.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ very good points.

I know that in some stadiums, you can't buy walkup seats to the supporters sections. All of the seats have been sold to individuals, or to groups representing a number of people. They know that letting some random person buy a seat in the middle of the hardcore moshing supporters (there's always one pocket that looks like a mosh pit) then it would be a disaster. It would be impossible to enforce something like that here because people are allowed to give away / trade / sell their tickets if they want to (as it should be). The issues seem to happen when someone sells a ticket "in the south end with the crazies" as opposed to "a ticket to watch TFC". The mood used to exist that it was a wild drunken party at BMO, and people were coming for the atmosphere and not the team.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Even Montreal is better than us these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    Montreal rocked the shit out of it last night. flags for almost 90 minutes and non-stop singing. The pyro and smoke was sexy too.
    I understand the conversation, but fuck's sake (next to pro USMNT shite) do I hate reading how great UM02 do on this board.

First off, they are overrated as hell as far as I'm concerned. Sure for 90 they persist, cannot be denied, but it's otherwise "lalalala heyo Montreal". Good job you fucking simpletons. Legendary support with your upside down banners 'n shit. Nice job with the goal banners at the match, blue tape on dirty bed sheets. Fucking skillful they are.

Second off, fuck the Limpact.

I realize the on going issues and overall pessimism currently, but to tell me that is "so much better" is absolutely puke-tastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    "Ego's need checked and a fresh open-minded approach is needed."
    Doesn't help when neighbouring supporter group members chant "Got some cream for your Red Patch" at us. Hard to unite under arrogance. Wednesday's match wasn't the 1st time I've heard it either.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I understand the conversation, but fuck's sake (next to pro USMNT shite) do I hate reading how great UM02 do on this board.
    I'm no fan of that bunch in UM02, but denial doesn't help anyone. They are better than us right now. Splintering hurts support, even if each individual splinter is a super awesome one.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm no fan of that bunch in UM02, but denial doesn't help anyone. They are better than us right now. Splintering hurts support, even if each individual splinter is a super awesome one.
    I don't believe I'm in denial at all. Suppose it just matters as to what you value when drawing the comparison. The persistence doesn't do it for me. Also, the lack of acoustics sells our current efforts short. We'd sound a hell of a lot better if we had their park, as we are now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't help when neighbouring supporter group members chant "Got some cream for your Red Patch" at us. Hard to unite under arrogance. Wednesday's match wasn't the 1st time I've heard it either.
    I'm new to TFC supporters groups, do U-sector and rpb have a bad history?

Also imagine this:

Blue: Usector
    Red: Redpatchboys
    Green: SG114
    Black: KingsintheNorth
    Green: Original 109
    Last edited by Supporting; 06-06-2014 at 09:51 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off, they are overrated as hell as far as I'm concerned. Sure for 90 they persist, cannot be denied, but it's otherwise "lalalala heyo Montreal". Good job you fucking simpletons. Legendary support with your upside down banners 'n shit. Nice job with the goal banners at the match, blue tape on dirty bed sheets. Fucking skillful they are.

Second off, fuck the Limpact.

I realize the on going issues and overall pessimism currently, but to tell me that is "so much better" is absolutely puke-tastic.

Please tell me what we do better. I'm not being a smartass, I'm curious what you see that I don't.
    Montreal was used as and example, would you prefer it was someone else? then insert their name. I dislike Montreal as much as the next guy. The bastards tried to steal our banner, but didn't get away with it.

that's pathetic, I'm constantly amazed at how badly we treat each other. I know I've stirred the pot a few times myself and that was a mistake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please tell me what we do better. I'm not being a smartass, I'm curious what you see that I don't.
    Montreal was used as and example, would you prefer it was someone else? then insert their name. I dislike Montreal as much as the next guy. The bastards tried to steal our banner, but didn't get away with it.
    There are better examples within the League, I don't deny that at all.

My argument is "what is so bloody special about them?" Mere persistence of simplicity? I don't buy that justification personally.

We're all so focused on "what's wrong" that some are being oblivious to some of the things we still do well.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The leadership of both groups work very well together. No problems at all. We have co-operated on many projects and chants over the years. There are a couple of individuals who put down the other group, but it's not a big deal.

I think the reference is probably to some people in 114, not U-Sector.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also imagine this:

Blue: Usector
    Red: Redpatchboys
    Green: SG114
    Black: KingsintheNorth
    Green: Original 109
    RPB are 111 and 112
    U Sector are 113
    SG114 are ..... 114
    109's this will be hard to believe.... 109
    Kings in 127

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not at present but we do have the longest history therefore when differences occur over the years we can't say it's always been sunshine. I'm very happy to work with our neighbours.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The leadership of both groups work very well together. No problems at all. We have co-operated on many projects and chants over the years. There are a couple of individuals who put down the other group, but it's not a big deal.

if it's people in 114 it's not SG114. we even come to Joes to drink now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB are 111 and 112
    U Sector are 113
    SG114 are ..... 114
    Kings in 127
    "Imagine this"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my 2 cents.

I've stopped posting here because " These so called Supporters groups are 1% work ethic 99% bullshit "
    Do you want to make a difference in the future, make a difference today.
    Change today for it will change tomorrow.
    I've been doing the same shit game in game out. You want a united south end? Then start tomorrow and bring it to the game and every game after that! then you will see how the puzzles forms itself.

Until then is all talk that amounts to nothing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Incorrect sir.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    ^ very good points.

I know that in some stadiums, you can't buy walkup seats to the supporters sections. All of the seats have been sold to individuals, or to groups representing a number of people. They know that letting some random person buy a seat in the middle of the hardcore moshing supporters (there's always one pocket that looks like a mosh pit) then it would be a disaster.
    In a lot of places, each ticket has to be assigned to a customer/customer account - one ticket per customer. That way they know exactly who is (supposed to be) in which seat, who owns it, if they are affiliated with a group, etc. We have features in our ticketing software specifically for this.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB are 111 and 112
    U Sector are 113
    SG114 are ..... 114
    Kings in 127
    Wasn't 109 moved to 110? And I believe that colour map was Supporting's vision of a future United Support.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Imagine this"
    I'd calm down with the facepalm's if you want to be heard there, Supporting. He was trying to inform. That's all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Wasn't 109 moved to 110? And I believe that colour map was Supporting's vision of a future United Support.
    ohhh that makes sense.... duh... haven't had my coffee yet today.

carry on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I'd calm down with the facepalm's if you want to be heard there, Supporting. He was trying to inform. That's all.
    haha sorry his previous comment was kinda sassy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I'm overestimating my group but i think the Kings would need a slightly larger area than is shown in the area suggested stadium map, also nobody from our group has done anything towards a south end move (just making sure i state that here). After seeing how SG114 have been treated while changing sections I would be very hesitant to do it as well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ohhh that makes sense.... duh... haven't had my coffee yet today.

carry on
    I've had two coffees and read it the same way that you did, so don't feel too bad. I guess I need my third.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and if the 109's have been moved I was wrong.... still no coffee. I need to stop typing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and if the 109's have been moved I was wrong.... still no coffee. I need to stop typing.
    yep 109's started in 109 but were told they wouldn't be able to take 109 so they moved them to the top of 110.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Maybe I'm overestimating my group but i think the Kings would need a slightly larger area than is shown in the area suggested stadium map, also nobody from our group has done anything towards a south end move (just making sure i state that here). After seeing how SG114 have been treated while changing sections I would be very hesitant to do it as well.
    But if everyone made the change together, I guarantee there wouldn't be problems like SG114. The man issue would be united the groups as one.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post
    I've had two coffees and read it the same way that you did, so don't feel too bad. I guess I need my third.
    Np guys. BB was informing after reading the first part of your post, Supporting. Not commenting on the "what if" map sarcastically.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let's give this one a second reading

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rat View Post
    my 2 cents.

I've stopped posting here because " These so called Supporters groups are 1% work ethic 99% bullshit "
    Do you want to make a difference in the future, make a difference today.
    Change today for it will change tomorrow.
    I've been doing the same shit game in game out. You want a united south end? Then start tomorrow and bring it to the game and every game after that! then you will see how the puzzles forms itself.

Until then is all talk that amounts to nothing!

yep.

it's not about what you say, it's about what you DO.

here's a checklist:
    • Go to the game (on time, or early)
    • cheer for the boys (in red)
    • put in a little extra effort (bring a flag, or a drum, or help with a banner, whatever)
    • show respect to the people around you (so don't block their view or spill beer on them and expect them to just accept it)
    • don't think you're entitled to anything more than the next guy (because we're all in this together)
    • repeat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But if everyone made the change together, I guarantee there wouldn't be problems like SG114. The man issue would be united the groups as one.
    If we are ever approached about something like this we would have to take it to our members... can't really comment further than that because it's not really something that has been discusses

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

again, that's a strictly theoretical statement. How can you guarantee something like that? You cant.