Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    Wish I would have known!
    I was in 113 and didn't see him.
    Would have been cool to see him in that setting... always seemed like such a standup guy.
    Very nice and seemed like he was having a blast.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good of tip re the roasted tomatoes. Fresh tomatoes are crap at this time of the year. They might look good, but they are rubbish. You're better off with canned San Marzano. You can get them anywhere. Lots of cilantro does it for me. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rat View Post
    here is a great tip for making better salsa.
    Make sure that you buy fresh ingredients, form tomatoes are a must and add couple of mint leaves finely chopped. And my secret is roasted tomatoes, it brings salsa a deeper taste. You should try.

That was a productive and useful piece of information on how to make better salsa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Santiago View Post
    There is nothing exotic about it. It's laughable to say that. It's a failed attempt at something exotic.

I'm not sure if some of you just feel like sticking up for your friends or what, but to anyone with any ability to observe could see the two capos looking at each other at times...often the guy in 113 seemed a bit bewildered at why it was always off. I would only be looking over at times because when the chant would suddenly go to hell, and sound like it was being sung through a fan or from under water the drums always seemed to be the source of confusion.

The problem is that you shouldn't decide from one game to the next, or even at different points during the game to change the tempo of chants. They're established. Consistency is the best thing. It's unfortunate that the guys on the drums get bored, but their entertainment shouldn't be what it's all about.

There were long stretches when people gave up on even trying to get it together with 112/113. It was a lost cause, magnified by 112/113's inability to act as a cohesive unit. It was obvious to anyone who has any power of observation that it was the pounding of feat on the bleachers that eventually got the corner acting as a unit.

People can insult me for calling it like it is. That's fine. The truth is still being said. Once again, if cohesion is the true aim then the more elaborate attempts and poor execution are only ruining that. That's reality.
    Holly crap dude. One of the best games at BMO ever, and you are having a fit over this???

Plus, honestly, I am a musician, a pretty good one, and the drumming was fine. What exactly was off about it?? Again the only thing that I would give you is, again, that the sound gets distorted in the stadium as it travels. But from 111 it was fine.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, I could go for some hot spicy salsa scooped up with some tortilla chips.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Santiago View Post
    The truth is what matters. If people can't accept the truth because their feelings get hurt...well, that's unfortunate but more of a statement about them than me.
    get a chance to watch the game?
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    ^ any other volunteers you'd like to criticize? The guys at the hospital that show you were to go? The folks that help charity events run smoothly? Conveners of kids' sports leagues?
    pookie made me laugh.....see Mr. Santiago has a purpose............or I guess as my parents would say talk is cheap .

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    For the first time in a long time, I sat close to the drums, and they were good. Perhaps the multiple "exotic" rhythms, that Parky, Jack and company put down were just to sophisticated for you ear. I am not sure were you sit, but there is an issue with sound traveling it echoes and distorts.
    ^this until we have the corners filled in or a roof we're screwed......I'm very close and everyone, (esp) when they are intent on having a great time , are simply hard pressed to even hear each other rhythmically......I'm simply thankful they are there . Again critiquing anything is cool and probably a hobby to some , but a little effort in how one critiques can be informative and is welcomed . Some, however misrepresent their 'opinion' as fact and fail to simply acknowledge that . Remember Mr . S, Brazil have a certain rhythm that they are simply born with and can do it in there sleep , making for a great gameday sounds . Here everyone has a different idea of 'rhythm' and all it takes is 1 out of whack and chaos. .

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I just finished watching the match on TV and I didn't really notice that, but I'll probably watch it again, so I'll try to listen for that.

Thanks for the feedback, Tony. We'll try to do better next time. Maybe you can come over to 112 next week and show us what type of rhythms you would like to hear. From where we were, in the heart of the Bunker, our drumming was in time with the chanting originating there. And Marcel was consistent in playing a simple bass beat on the big drum, so I guess the "salsa drumming" was me. It's a smaller drum that is more high-pitched, so I'm not sure how you confused it with the big drum, but that's cool. I'll work on doing better next game and keeping things cleaner so you don't get confused.
    It's not the drumming , it's usually the different sections clapping that throws s**t to the wind , and only through everyones desire to be a part of it . It's impossible without barriers , someday when we can all hear each other better it will clear up . enjoyment is a we crave

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    He was probably just reporting in on his German scouting efforts for TFC. Eh Pookie?
    That's quite possible. Other possible roles include:

- new assistant GM
    - Aviary consultant and Assistant Veterinarian for Bitchy
    - Assistant Chief Engineer for stadium reconstruction
    - Co-pilot for team air charters

It really is a promote from within kind of organization.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    The last time. I'll hold you to it. An engine in the stands, huh? Big words. I know multiple people by their face and voice alone in 111. I look forward to meeting you and working with you in the stands if that's the case.

I'm wondering why I don't know you already but for this insulting tone about our support you've chosen to take over years now.
    please god tell me he's not the drunk j&ke 2 rows behind me.................everyone cringes with embarrassment at that one

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    please god tell me he's not the drunk j&ke 2 rows behind me.................everyone cringes with embarrassment at that one
    If you're referring to the same person I'm thinking of, that guy was heckling and yelling perfanities at 112 the entire time - some people were getting very, very upset.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The acoustics are atrocious at BMO, always have been, it's worse when the wind is blowing as it was Saturday.

You really notice it when the crowd are singing the anthem, there's no ability to have everyone in sync because the sound bounces and everyone winds up out of sync three lines in.

Anyone who brings a drum should do what they feel like. It is a free country. Bring your own drum if you sit in the supporters section and if you want.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This just came to my attention, but Danny K was watching the game from the south stands? What was he doing in town?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    If you're referring to the same person I'm thinking of, that guy was heckling and yelling perfanities at 112 the entire time - some people were getting very, very upset.
    Starting to think this could be it. I feel like the posting style matches the way that guy was acting.

Quote Originally Posted by Wince View Post
    This just came to my attention, but Danny K was watching the game from the south stands? What was he doing in town?
    He's just on vacation.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wince View Post
    He is on Vacation and came by to see a game as a fan. Pretty good timing
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Henry's reaction in the corner after his injury time goal is far and away my favorite TFC moment of the year so far. Awesome to see him (and the rest of the team) get so excited by the comeback. My buddy and I brought five friends out for their first game, and after that finish I can almost guarantee they'll be back sooner rather than later.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    So Henry's reaction in the corner after his injury time goal is far and away my favorite TFC moment of the year so far. Awesome to see him (and the rest of the team) get so excited by the comeback. My buddy and I brought five friends out for their first game, and after that finish I can almost guarantee they'll be back sooner rather than later.
    I brought a friend who had never been to a soccer game before...has rarely even watched the sport.
    He loved the atmosphere and excitement of that game!

He was surprised it wasn't "boring" as some NA sports fans like to try and label soccer.

First thing he says after we leave... "Let me know if you ever have extra tickets again. I definitely want to come to more games!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All it takes is the right match, yesterday's was certainly a doozy, and you'll hook anyone.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[IMG] [/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Damn, I really wish I would've known during the game, I would have made my way over to thank him in person...

Great to hear that he dropped in to party with the fans! He's one of my favourite TFC players so far.... just wish he could have been healthy during his time here.
    have a photo and video but I give up no idea how to show it.....can't insert it , copy it ..attach it...beyond me .......tried for a bit geez it's funny too .
    Last edited by jazzy; 06-03-2014 at 09:00 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    [IMG] [/IMG]

have a photo and video but I give up no idea how to show it.....can't insert it , copy it ..attach it...beyond me .......tried for a bit geez it's funny too .
    Please.. someone help this man!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny because I only got to watch the game yesterday and Ya, the drumming was fantastic.

Not 'not bad' but really damn good.

I'm wondering if it is an issue of sound travel or something.

Of course, I could always just bring my old school 808 and hook it up to a PA

I wonder if that would also be "out of time"