0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

giovinco, gilberto and altidore up top would of been awesome to see

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little much on that celebration.. (it was a penalty after all), however I love him as well. Too bad we'll never see him here again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't quite understand how he has a crap season and pushes for a transfer out, yet everyone loves him and hates Defoe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I don't quite understand how he has a crap season and pushes for a transfer out, yet everyone loves him and hates Defoe.
    tbh im still confused as to what happened

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have we heard any rumours of Gilberto's feelings on his stay here or anything negative other than his goal tally?

And again with the "everyone".

I'm counting his goals for his new club as closely as I am Defoes. I'm not taking either players stay here too personally...
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    tbh im still confused as to what happened
    I read a few things saying he had packed up his apartment at the end of the season and said he wasn't coming back. Around the time the rumours of him not coming back surfaced they seemed to point to him not wanting to be here. Maybe I read that in though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Have we heard any rumours of Gilberto's feelings on his stay here or anything negative other than his goal tally?

And again with the "everyone".

I'm counting his goals for his new club as closely as I am Defoes. I'm not taking either players stay here too personally...
    Me either, I just find it odd that so many people (sorry, not everyone, you're right) still love this guy even though he really didn't perform and (seemed) to not want to stay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read a few things saying he had packed up his apartment at the end of the season and said he wasn't coming back. Around the time the rumours of him not coming back surfaced they seemed to point to him not wanting to be here. Maybe I read that in though.
    i did too but it was all on twitter i never saw larson or molinaro say anything like that, personally i think he doesnt really care where he plays his football id just like him to play here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i did too but it was all on twitter i never saw larson or molinaro say anything like that, personally i think he doesnt really care where he plays his football id just like him to play here
    I'd be curious to see how he fits on this team. Might actually link better to Giovinco than Altidore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be curious to see how he fits on this team. Might actually link better to Giovinco than Altidore.
    disagree, i think altidore and gio have a great linkup but i definetly think gil would be an upgrade on findley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At his price, I'm still glad he's gone. I'd take him at 40% his wages over Findley though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    At his price, I'm still glad he's gone. I'd take him at 40% his wages over Findley though.
    then im sure you'd like bradley gone because at his price hes done shit all On the pitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

then im sure you'd like bradley gone because at his price hes done shit all On the pitch
    Now you're just being downright silly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Now you're just being downright silly.
    i beg to differ as a box-to-box midfielder last season he had 2 goals and (i want to say) 3 assists, not exactly 6.5m man is he?

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I like Bradley, I kinda agree with you. I'm still waiting for him to find a good rhythm with his teammates. Too many bad decisions for a guy of his supposed calibre. I'm also on side with those that like Gilberto. When he had service he usually created good opportunities. And his success rate seemed to be increasing with time. I think this all just points to chemistry and shows that we need a team that can have time together instead of starting over every year. Hopefully we've reached that point with the current roster.

... Though I will say, Bradley is unmatched when it comes to interview skills.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, flatpicker. Gilberto seemed to have a good run of form for a few weeks then dropped right off again. His final two months were as dire as his first three.

Regarding Bradley, he had nerve damage in his foot that required surgery yet played through it for the majority of the season so I give him a bit more leeway for underperforming. Having said that, he's a midfielder and last year he was more of a holding midfielder so as long as he's breaking up the opponents play (which he did a lot of) I'm still happy.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ He's still making some questionable passes though. And I don't think it's just because his teammates are in the wrong spot. And yes, I know he had injury issues, so I'm still keeping the faith in his skills. I was just hoping to see a bigger improvement from him these first couple of games. Still time for everything to click.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to love Bradley given his passion and work rate, but he tries to do too much. They need to find a way to channel his commitment better - if I were coaching against us, I would focus on the space behind him and exploit it. Which makes losing Gilberto not very relevant, even though letting players go after one year is the biggest problem with this club historically. If we cannot figure out how to get the best out of Bradley, we aren't going anywhere. The best I have seen him is the second half v. vancouver. Hopefully there will be more games like that where he combines with the other skilled players fluently and restrains himself from trying to do it all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    You have to love Bradley given his passion and work rate, but he tries to do too much. They need to find a way to channel his commitment better - if I were coaching against us, I would focus on the space behind him and exploit it. Which makes losing Gilberto not very relevant, even though letting players go after one year is the biggest problem with this club historically. If we cannot figure out how to get the best out of Bradley, we aren't going anywhere. The best I have seen him is the second half v. vancouver. Hopefully there will be more games like that where he combines with the other skilled players fluently and restrains himself from trying to do it all.
    Disagree, think Bradley was at his best early on last season vs DC if that Bradley showed up every game then I think he's getting close to being worth what he's getting paid

personally i don't see bradley as ever being the guy you build your team around he's just not used to being THE guy,
    I think he's the guy you plug into the centre of the park AFTER you've decided on the strategy of the team, he's not really good at any one thing except running for days so it's hard to take a few of his traits and amplify them the way we can with Gio's speed, touch and vision for example
    Last edited by portu; 03-16-2015 at 11:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://youtu.be/FbcEHfZkM0o

This is the Gil most remember, could have had 4 goals easily in this game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://youtu.be/FbcEHfZkM0o

This is the Gil most remember, could have had 4 goals easily in this game
    Wow, he made a meal of those. I don't think its a stretch to say the technique isn't there (don't be fooled by the "Brazilian" tag) and he's not a clinical finisher.

There's another clip of him scoring earlier this month somewhere on YouTube but it's just a tap in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 goals in 6 games in the Rio State Championship

League hasn't started yet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if Vasco are even paying his salary.

Only TFC could be trying to sell an asset into a market like this

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/sports/soccer/brazilian-soccers-financial-disarray-starts-to-show-on-the-field.html?smid=nytcore-ipad-share&smprod=nytcore-ipad
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I wonder if Vasco are even paying his salary.

Only TFC could be trying to sell an asset into a market like this

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/sports/soccer/brazilian-soccers-financial-disarray-starts-to-show-on-the-field.html?smid=nytcore-ipad-share&smprod=nytcore-ipad
    That would be very interesting to know, I wonder what the league's stance would be on this? Does anyone know if Gilberto has any effect on the Reds cap if Vasco is not paying their share of the salary?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well there was this

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUN Feb 20
    Gilberto completely off TFC's books in 2015. Vasco will cover his entire $1.2 million wage.

There were also the reports out of Brazil that Vasco were funding the deal via investors and that Gil took a paycut to force the deal through.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Well there was this

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUN Feb 20
    Gilberto completely off TFC's books in 2015. Vasco will cover his entire $1.2 million wage.

There were also the reports out of Brazil that Vasco were funding the deal via investors and that Gil took a paycut to force the deal through.
    Well at least there is our closure...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He also appears to have stayed hot ( 8 in 11 games or something like that). I will admit he appears to have proved us wrong.

We sold at the bottom (unfortunately).

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    He also appears to have stayed hot ( 8 in 11 games or something like that). I will admit he appears to have proved us wrong.

We sold at the bottom (unfortunately).
    Wrong so far as he can score and score more in the league he came from. There are plenty differences to this sitch more than an apple to apple comparison.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. It's the Rio State Championship, it's a level wayyyyyyyy below MLS
    2. 5 of his goals were pen's

Love Gil, but we should all wait to judge until he's played actual Brazilian league games.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man he is the worst finisher ever.
    Last edited by Red4ever; 04-24-2015 at 11:32 AM.