Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1552
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    They have hardly played together, so that doesn't help with chemistry.
    The two of them could play well together, but they need time to get it together, and there have been moments or real brilliance with the two of them on the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I thought Gilberto's finish was absolute class, but I was perturbed by the fact that the only way we were able to spring a forward, was essentially to get an EXTREMELY fortunate and massive deflection in our end, that was turned around with one pass to Gilberto while their backline were caught off guard. It was like something you'd execute in a FIFA video game.

Takes nothing away from how calmly Gilberto finished it off (someone like Chad Barrett - who I always liked - would have just kicked it as hard as he could at the net), but wasn't indicative of our team figuring out how to break down their defense, or anything along those lines. Just a fortunate counter-attack, that was finished really well.
    It was a little better than that though. The Henry block fell to Gilberto who immediately dished it off to Moore and did a 180 (almost tripping) with a very alert Moore then sending it forward to a streaking Gilberto. It was two very quality passes that made it happen after that bit of good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he was a flop today

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    he was a flop today
    ?
    He was the ONLY one that showed up today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he was a flop today
    Gilberto did not have a great game yesterday, however, if everyone else on the team fought and showed as much desire as he does perhaps we would not have rolled over so easily. He was running his ass off from the first minute to the last, don't think we can say the same for too many other players out there yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    Gilberto did not have a great game yesterday, however, if everyone else on the team fought and showed as much desire as he does perhaps we would not have rolled over so easily. He was running his ass off from the first minute to the last, don't think we can say the same for too many other players out there yesterday.
    Couldn't agree more. His effort really stood out for me. Even late into the game when it was hopeless I was really glad to see him fight for every ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly. If he could of got a few of those headers on target he could of bailed us out. However his work ethic and dedication even until the final minutes when he won the free kick shows how determined he is to do his job on the field. Couldn't ask for more effort. And this is a common thing, he does this every game (except maybe when he was nursing the hip flexor, since then he has been gold).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not arguing with that. But is that what we want to spend on DP's, ie grafters. I love his work ethic, but for the kind of doe we give him, we can do a lot better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not arguing with that. But is that what we want to spend on DP's, ie grafters. I love his work ethic, but for the kind of doe we give him, we can do a lot better
    I don't think we are just getting a grafter with Gilberto, he has a lot more to his game than that. He wasn't at his sharpest in front of goal yesterday but he looked pretty damn good to me the previous 4 games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we ever become an elite team (SKC or RSL-like), Gilberto has the skillset to produce multiple double digit goal and assist seasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think we are just getting a grafter with Gilberto, he has a lot more to his game than that. He wasn't at his sharpest in front of goal yesterday but he looked pretty damn good to me the previous 4 games.
    I like him to bud, but he was poor yesterday, one of his previous 4 games he fell over at a crucial part of the game when through on goal and we lost 4-1, plus 10+ games before that he couldn't score. As I say I like him, but we could do better, a lot better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    If we ever become an elite team (SKC or RSL-like), Gilberto has the skillset to produce multiple double digit goal and assist seasons.

Bradley looked like a genuine world class footballer on Roma. You are only as good as those around you.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley looked like a genuine world class footballer on Roma. You are only as good as those around you.......
    And he did when he arrived here as well, before the WC. He's a unique case, something is up with him at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    And he did when he arrived here as well, before the WC. He's a unique case, something is up with him at the moment.
    bingo, Seattle game he was immense, forgot the team but the one at bmo where he cut his head also, but after that average. You are right, there has to be something up

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

he was a flop today
    I wouldn't have called him a flop for Saturday's match - the whole team was shit. To single him out is unfair.
    He's going to have his off games and IMO he should be allowed that leeway. Now if he goes 9 games in similar fashion - well then that's a different story.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he was a flop today
    Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I wouldn't have called him a flop for Saturday's match - the whole team was shit. To single him out is unfair.
    He's going to have his off games and IMO he should be allowed that leeway. Now if he goes 9 games in similar fashion - well then that's a different story.
    If B red was singling him out as the only flop than that's unfair and a bit tunnel visioned but this is Gilberto's thread. To point out he didn't make the most of his chances is accurate.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terrible again today. With the embarrassment that is Defoe and lieweke leaving, its hard to believe cutting bait with gila and keeping laba would have been much worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradleys season started in Roma in August 2013, included moving across the world, joining a new league and making the knockout round of a world cup. it's now Sept 2014. The guy just needs a rest.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy ran his heart into the ground out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Califax View Post
    Terrible again today. With the embarrassment that is Defoe and lieweke leaving, its hard to believe cutting bait with gila and keeping laba would have been much worse.
    Yep Gilberto is useless and Defoe was inspiring in the locker room. You've got it right again, congrats Fergie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am wondering if Gilberto actually really preferred playing for Nelsen

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Yep Gilberto is useless and Defoe was inspiring in the locker room. You've got it right again, congrats Fergie.
    Haha You know I don't dignify anything you say with a response shwade, run along son.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha You know I don't dignify anything you say with a response shwade, run along son.
    genius.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    He was not happy with his firing and I know for a fact two young defenders were upset by it aswell.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post

"Liked playing for Nelsen" would be more accurate and fair. Prefer doesn't really give Vanney a chance at all. To make the comparison after a week would be pretty harsh from the players perspective. I'd hope they'd be giving Vanney a shot. It is their job after all.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilberto resorts to pushing people over to score now... Yeah I'm kidding. That was a wonderful effort that deserved far better. Shame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilberto resorts to pushing people over to score now... Yeah I'm kidding. That was a wonderful effort that deserved far better. Shame.
    Lulz. If there's only one flopper here it's definitely not Gilberto...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, you can really tell from that picture that he doesn't care about playing for this team, or the manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

question, why wasnt that a yellow card?