Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1552
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the Plata situation all over again, one of our players in another's clubs jersey at a presser, after days old reports of a deal being struck and zero word from the club, before we see our player in another clubs colours.

Sometimes this club is just shambolic in how it handles things.

Why was this not addressed before this announcement, just sickening imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Is it really necessary to chew out your former team/coach/gm at a press conference?
    That's pretty unprofessional of him.
    After the way the club has treated him with this whole situation, can you really blame him?

At this point if I was Gil I'd be giving TFC the big fuck you too, why pay the transfer fee to bring a player in if your not going to let them adjust properly, not even player is going to click the minute you sign them.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, some people on twitter are speculating that he was referring to fighting with his agent/manager about where he wants to play (brazil or mls)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So a TFC player is on loan, reported several days ago in Brazil has a presser about his signing and there is zero word or acknowledgement from TFC?

Somethings not right here.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kshep View Post
    So a TFC player is on loan, reported several days ago in Brazil has a presser about his signing and there is zero word or acknowledgement from TFC?

Somethings not right here.
    everything is fine, gilberto has moved on via a loan and it was needed for roster purposes, TFC really does not need to say much if at all about this. There focus as it should be is on the players who are here.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, some people on twitter are speculating that he was referring to fighting with his agent/manager about where he wants to play (brazil or mls)
    It was his agent he was talking about. Given he had to take a paycut to get the deal to Vasco done, his agent was probably trying to get another move so his cut wouldn't be reduced. Translation of the article posted to Vascos website below.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    everything is fine, gilberto has moved on via a loan and it was needed for roster purposes, TFC really does not need to say much if at all about this. There focus as it should be is on the players who are here.
    I'm sure everything is fine, I'm just shocked at how pass poor TFC is at handling situations like this, most clubs in the world announce their loan deals before their player is seen in another shirt, TFC did for Hamilton and the other kids last season.

It's a good thing we have deep pockets cause we find a way to treat our players like garbage, I'm amazed after 8 years anyone wants to play for us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peace Gilberto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#beardsforgilbertoaresad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our DP is officially on loan at another club. A formal announcement should have been made already by the organization clarifying the terms of the loan. It's amateur hour the way it's been handled. I know as many others do around here that this forum is the best place to find out the truth, which is an indictment of the TFC PR department.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Patience. They will get to it.

Just polishing up that press release about Henry's loan to Cyprus, then they can focus on this.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Our DP is officially on loan at another club. A formal announcement should have been made already by the organization clarifying the terms of the loan. It's amateur hour the way it's been handled. I know as many others do around here that this forum is the best place to find out the truth, which is an indictment of the TFC PR department.
    This is what I'm saying, the whole league already thinks TFC is a joke, and shit like this certainly doesn't help with that optic.

Between this and the Caldwell situation it would appear that TFC is still the same gong show its always been. Guess I shouldn't be surprised by this kinda stuff anymore, TFC going to TFC always I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you. not a big deal at all. if we get the 4 dp rule Gilberto will be back by the summer.

Someone up thread said this was "sickening". Get over yourself. genocide is sickening. A football club owned by two billion dollar telecommunications not releasing an official statement about loaning a millionaire back to a club in Brazil for roster restriction purposes is not sickening. it's very much part of a game that we all enjoy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said it was sickening, what's it to you. And I won't get into politics with you, but to bring genocide up in a soccer forum is "sickening". I think the word you're looking for is disgraceful or deplorable tbth.

Yes, I believe the way TFC tends to operate it's business is sickening, still not sure what you're hung up on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said it was sickening, what's it to you. And I won't get into politics with you, but to bring genocide up in a soccer forum is "sickening". I think the word you're looking for is disgraceful or deplorable tbth.

Yes, I believe the way TFC tends to operate it's business is sickening, still not sure what you're hung up on.

it's a game. It might be irritating, you might be angry that the club you support conducted themselves in such a manner. But to be sickened about this seems a little over the top doesn't it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's a game. It might be irritating, you might be angry that the club you support conducted themselves in such a manner. But to be sickened about this seems a little over the top doesn't it?
    Not really I find lots of things sickening, I could have used a different word but thought sickening would help convey the feelings I was having at that particular moment. I could have said "it makes me feel ill the way the club handled this", which I did just felt that sickening described the vehemence to which I am feeling with the club atm.
    Last edited by kshep; 02-19-2015 at 08:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC's handling of this reminds me of a small business I once worked for where we weren't allowed to tell clients that someone had left. If someone called or stopped by, we had to say they were out and could someone else help them. That would go on for months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    This

I would rather Gilberto even if he was earning the same amount. The fact Jozy earns 4 x as much per year is insanity.

I will GLADLY eat my words if Jozy stays healthy and scores 15 + goals his first season. Like I would be very happy too. I like Altidore, but Gilberto... man he has some serious untapped potential. We really fucked him imo. Both are good strikers and i'm not going to complain about having Altidore, i'm obviously grateful for M.L.S.E, doesn't mean we have to agree with all their decisions just because they spend boat loads of money.
    Yes. Plus seeing Gilberto succeed would have been sweet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it really necessary to chew out your former team/coach/gm at a press conference?
    That's pretty unprofessional of him.
    What happened? Gilberto took a bite at TFC?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was his argument with the manager with Vanney or Nelsen?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is normal and routine at every club in the world to announce these things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really I find lots of things sickening, I could have used a different word but thought sickening would help convey the feelings I was having at that particular moment. I could have said "it makes me feel ill the way the club handled this", which I did just felt that sickening described the vehemence to which I am feeling with the club atm.

well if you genuinely find it sickening than fair enough. I was just trying to say that hyperbole devalues an argument. Now i'm just slightly scared about standing next to you at a match, if you find that sickening I wouldn't want to find out how you feel about Bendik's distribution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hieberrr View Post
    his agent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hieberrr View Post
    It was with his agent ie financial manager - see above. It appears that he just wants to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    well if you genuinely find it sickening than fair enough. I was just trying to say that hyperbole devalues an argument. Now i'm just slightly scared about standing next to you at a match, if you find that sickening I wouldn't want to find out how you feel about Bendik's distribution.
    Well played sir, and yes many other words could be used to describe Bendik's distribution and general aptitude as our keeper, sickening would be one of the milder ones. Usually I use sickening for many things because it keeps me from swearing like a trucker in front of my boy. Though my little guy did call the goal last night putrid, which I loved, mainly because he's four and I've never heard him used the word, especially when he actually used it in the right context.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not only have TFC not acknowledged the loan but neither have any of the established TFC media.

Once people are chatting about whatever topic in TFC twitter they generally chime in.

Not a peep from Larson, Molinaro, Wheeler, Davidson etc.

Very strange all round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well sportsnet did report it on the weekend, but that report was based on reports coming out of Brazil.

Which is why I'm so surprised to not see any official comment by the club, not professional in any manner what so ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Not only have TFC not acknowledged the loan but neither have any of the established TFC media.

Once people are chatting about whatever topic in TFC twitter they generally chime in.

Very strange all round.
    Sounds like G is trying to force it. Interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea,It wasnt "official official" at that point.
    Vasco had a press release yesterday and a press conference today. Bar a few people on twitter that have been following this closely and the Waking The Red account its had pretty much zero coverage.

You'd think media outlets would have followed up the rumoured reports out Brazil with "its official and he's been unveiled" nope nothing.

Regardless, would have loved for us to keep him and see him this year but I hope he does well with Vasco and gets his move to Europe.

All the best Gil, we hardly knew ya

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post

Very strange all round.

Larson tweeted something a few days ago about it not being done.

But the absolute silence today in the face of Gilberto wearing a jersey is weird.

Hello paging TFC reporters!

Story available to fill some column inches tomorrow.