Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winter coats again.!
    This should be a 3-0 BUT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we win all our three games in hand we can go top, back on coarse for MLS domination

<Takes tongue out of cheek>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm feeling a draw today. Sorry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not optimistic about the way we have been playing. With a bekker and osorio combo in midfield this could get ugly. Jackson apparently has concussion issues as well (read on twitter few days ago)? So Rey and Lovitz on the wings? Let's see how nelson attacks this game, not having Bradley is not an accuse (knew this day would come, should have found cover way before). Hope Hagglund gets the nod at CB, Henry needs a timeout.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given NYRB haven't much wide threat, and we really only have 5 midfielders today, and that's counting DeRo, we could break out the 4-3-3. Now wouldn't that stupify everybody.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I won't be there, but if I was, I would like to wish Bradley and Cesar well. Especially Cesar, he is under incredible, really unimaginable, pressure.

Anybody see this ESPN documentary about the Brazilian keeper who allowed the deciding goal in the 1950 WC final? The Brazilian public hounded him for that, for the rest of his life.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10886708
    Last edited by ensco; 05-17-2014 at 07:29 AM.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS Pundit Predictions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doyle is giving us a chance? geeeze

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I expect an almost immediate decline into bunkerball with brief counterattacks in which Nelsen doesn't commit enough players to, but I hope to be shown incorrect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not watching the game... I'm giving TFC a one game suspension for treating producing Canadian talent like shit. Particularly to bring in Jackson 2.0.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
    I expect an almost immediate decline into bunkerball with brief counterattacks in which Nelsen doesn't commit enough players to, but I hope to be shown incorrect.
    Go all out for a goalless spineless tie, that could be plan A

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Anybody see this ESPN documentary about the Brazilian keeper who allowed the deciding goal in the 1950 WC final? The Brazilian public hounded him for that, for the rest of his life.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10886708
    crazy how it ruined his life. Two (paraphrased) remarks from that stood out to me. First was the woman who, years after the incident, pointed to barbosa and told her son that that was the man that made all of Brazil cry. And second was a comment from barbosa that the maximum sentence for a crime in Brazil is 30 years but he had been sentenced to 50 years for something not his fault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I heard an interview with Pele, were he mentioned how from watching that he realized that he would never want to be a keeper. He said keepers cannot win, and he said that he felt that it was not his fault, but yet he was blamed for the rest of his live.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Not watching the game... I'm giving TFC a one game suspension for treating producing Canadian talent like shit. Particularly to bring in Jackson 2.0.
    too bad for you...I think warner has prob lived more in Canada then issey has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck some people need to grow up a bit. Support the badge, players will come and go.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Really? No caps as far as I know. And I've been watching Issey for a couple cycles now.

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Fuck some people need to grow up a bit. Support the badge, players will come and go.
    Yes they will and it shouldn't be an excuse. One can be pissed about this and show up. Is Warner starting today and what will his number be? MLS says 18. He'll be the focus today.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 05-17-2014 at 10:23 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by levyashin View Post
    Winter coats again.!
    This should be a 3-0 BUT!
    "should be 3-0" for whom?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Really? No caps as far as I know. And I've been watching Issey for a couple cycles now.

Yes they will and it shouldn't be an excuse. One can be pissed about this and show up. Is Warner starting today and what will his number be? MLS says 18. He'll be the focus today.
    Warner is on a red I think. Don't think he can play.

Obviously I'm hoping the boys dig deep and hold a potent RB offence. But it's possible, with Warner not playing, we'll get people yelling at management to find a central midfielder to cover Bradley while he's gone. Hope that doesn't happen but it would be terrificly ironic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't think he is playing today...issey has been on 10 teams give or take in the last 10 yrs...I think warner has spent more time in Canada then issey..

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Warner is on a red I think. Don't think he can play.

Obviously I'm hoping the boys dig deep and hold a potent RB offence. But it's possible, with Warner not playing, we'll get people yelling at management to find a central midfielder to cover Bradley while he's gone. Hope that doesn't happen but it would be terrificly ironic!
    You'll put em straight I'm sure. Not as sure as I am as his contribution being equal to Issey's this year so far. But he'll get his chance.

don't think he is playing today...issey has been on 10 teams give or take in the last 10 yrs...I think warner has spent more time in Canada then issey..
    Srsly? 3x u say this? We've both been in Canada more than Issey. I'll race you to BMO for the starting job today mkay?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, first post. I'm a huge Toronto fan, especially of the Raptors. I've been following Toronto FC since Day 1 so I lurk on this forum quite often.

Let's Go Reds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by js12 View Post
    Hi, first post. I'm a huge Toronto fan, especially of the Raptors. I've been following Toronto FC since Day 1 so I lurk on this forum quite often.

Let's Go Reds.
    Hey, welcome to the board!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For anyone in England, this is live on BT Sport 2 at 9:30.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need a win badly.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to see you on the boards, js12.

As for today's match-up, we're looking at a high of 13 today with isolated showers and winds reaching 33 Kph. Long story short, it's gonna be a bit cool and wet. Throw in the fact that TFC played on Wednesday as well, and we may see a sluggish squad out on the pitch.

New York is higher than us in the standing, but just came off a 4-5 loss at home to Chicago.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NY is good on the attack. This game is not gonna end scoreless. I say 2-0 NY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too much pessimism. 3-1 for Toronto, just for the hell of it! We surprised everyone at Columbus (although, we did have Bradley), we can do it again today.

Should be a strong crowd, hope the weather doesn't ruin that...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was born here and choose canada to play. He spent his formative years in Japan. He is still a Canadian International, and more so... he produced. Warner doesn't.

He had a player that scored 2 of out 7 goals, he was performing well... and we traded him..

This is a team that is still struggling to score goals, and you traded a Canadian born player that called himself Canadian (even if it was to get international play) Came back here, performed well... and then was traded, on his birthday.. (the trade could have waited a week)

After playing like crap in multiple games in a row.

No TFC gets no support from me today.

And I may be done. This Club his broken at every level. It treats players like crap, it has no respect for fans, it relys on gimmicks. And will ultimately be the reason Tim is fired because he wasted a crap load of money with no gains. TFC in MLSE hands will likely never amount to anything. Without significant changes.

Warner isn't a play maker on the wings. He isn't a great defender in the back. We don't have a Coach that knows how to do anything past the half line and doesn't know how to use his players.

4 loses 3 wins. With 1 DP Midfielder, 2 DP strikers, and basically a DP keeper.

They have a game suspension...

And if they lose today... then I won't watch another game until they win 3 back to back.

I'm done.. this team needs to earn my support back at this point. This is a management issue. And until fans stop going that issue won't be solved.