Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Dero was never brought in to be a striker he is primarily a Midfielder and mainly a winger. Dike was the 3rd striker and with him out and possibly losing Defoe to the WC we needed another Striker.
    Very much doubt it. Too slow to play as a winger at this point and we do not use an AM in the middle of the park. He's never been a defensively inclined , he can't play centrally for us with our tactics.

They alluded to the fact in preseason he was here to play up top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Dero was never brought in to be a striker he is primarily a Midfielder and mainly a winger. Dike was the 3rd striker and with him out and possibly losing Defoe to the WC we needed another Striker.
    mainly as a winger? he's a little old and slow for that don't you think? if you're the opposing team it's pretty easy to just have the rb or the lb push up on dero's side and kill him with pace. whatever, imo he's more suited to play striker now or if we're going with 1 striker or if 5 in the mid at AM, he could also play AM, for like 20 minutes when we're losing. Dike's injured big surprise there.
    Yes I am aware Defoe might be going to the WC, but Bradley is going to the WC. With Osorio's recent injury problems, once you take issey off after sixty minutes, our midfield is bekker, hall, rey and jackson, I can't see us winning any games like that. Putting Dero in with 2 forwards hinders us defensively so I wouldn't think you would want him in there. (especially with Bekker) Dero could be better defensively than I give him credit though. Anyways I think people get the picture of what I'm trying to say, I hope luke moore works out for the club though. And hopefully Osorio's can stay healthy, otherwise, we might not make the playoffs.

Priority should be placed on the midfield in my opinion. I'm not an expert in cap management, but we can't have too much space left right no do we?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is he fast enough to play wing? mabey. I'm more saying that when he was brought in our striker depth in the mind of the front office was: DP, DP, Dike, Dero, Weedman. Now we may be losing one of the DP's and Dike is out so going with DP(Gilberto), Dero (not really a strong choice), and Weedman as the strikers isn't good enough.

I do agree that we need more mid depth as we really only have 2 once Bradley leaves (i'm not counting hall as his injury seams to be a longer term injury).

We needed striker depth and got it, we also need mid depth and maybe we can make another move before monday's deadline but if not then i expect us to add in the summer window.