Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pyro

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Bottom line RPB does not support Pyro - Full Stop.

Pyro to me is crutch support.

More effort is placed on talking about Pyro and using Pyro (which is something that anyone can do) than actually doing and working on the #1 essential which is Chants/Songs...

my 2 cents
    What flush said, I'd rather have 90 minutes of pure vocal lunacy in the stands than 60 minutes and a canister being popped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pyro is like graffiti. Its great when it works well and pathetic when done by Toys. The illegality of it is part of its charm and it works best in large crowds. Having club official sanctioned smoke seems contradictory to me... a bit like legal graf walls

It does seem a bit forced at most MLS games, and should be reserved for times when their are bigger crowds or the match is more important than a regular season game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally to here someone like minded I haven't heard the term toy in years since I used to paint

Ps I know off topic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    Pyro is like graffiti. Its great when it works well and pathetic when done by Toys. The illegality of it is part of its charm and it works best in large crowds. Having club official sanctioned smoke seems contradictory to me... a bit like legal graf walls

It does seem a bit forced at most MLS games, and should be reserved for times when their are bigger crowds or the match is more important than a regular season game
    Best Anology of Pyro ever posted on these boards!!

P.S. There are a few former "painters" on here...
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ITT:

Pro-pyro guys. Anti-pyro guys. People who talk of the importance of vocal support but conveniently ignore the fact ours is sadly lacking... for WAY too many years.

I get the feeling that some people thought (support-wise) everything was going to fix itself this year with a couple big signings. It didn't. Southeast corner, once great - is a morgue now. Not a slag. The truth. We could have been so much better. With foresight. A plan for the future. Wasn't on the agenda I guess.

Vast majority of the guys that lead, be it vocally or artistically just called it a day. Team play and management factored into it, yes... but that was never the core root of the problem.

Finally, to the guy that felt compelled to comment on NEE. You seem very in tune with the goings-on regarding that. Please enlighten us further. I am sure it will make for a fascinating read.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Redrum, good to see you back on here.

I am kind of surprised at how dead the stands are this year. 111-113 were much louder in 2011 & 2012 (years to forget as far as performance goes)

My $.02, Pyro is tertiary at best behind tifo/banners and singing.

So... Question is, how do we get people back to belting out songs for the whole 90+?

Second /third capo's half way up?

FYR & Wowza not allowing luls from their side? (which may mean having 3-4 capos through the game)

IDK

?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    Redrum, good to see you back on here.

I am kind of surprised at how dead the stands are this year. 111-113 were much louder in 2011 & 2012 (years to forget as far as performance goes)

My $.02, Pyro is tertiary at best behind tifo/banners and singing.

So... Question is, how do we get people back to belting out songs for the whole 90+?

Second /third capo's half way up?

FYR & Wowza not allowing luls from their side? (which may mean having 3-4 capos through the game)

IDK

?
    get rid of the people who buy the cheap seats for exactly that - being cheap...they aren't their to support the team...it is sad how many times we'll be singing songs and all you hear in the background is how someone's weekend was, or who they are going for drinks with etc etc

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    get rid of the people who buy the cheap seats for exactly that - being cheap...they aren't their to support the team...it is sad how many times we'll be singing songs and all you hear in the background is how someone's weekend was, or who they are going for drinks with etc etc
    Who gets rid of these people? How do they determine the culprits?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that drives me nuts - i mean i'm not even in the supporters section (223) but i have this row of 4 guys right behind me that have had seasons for years and the whole game is a catch-up on the week, vacation plans gossiping etc. with the odd comment every now and then about the game - i've had to bite my tongue from turning around and saying, "why the fuck are you here, why not go to a pub and talk and glance at the game on TV every now and then?" - i can't imagine that in the supporters section - it would be like amplifying my situation a 100 times
    Last edited by backbeat; 05-16-2014 at 08:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Who gets rid of these people? How do they determine the culprits?
    Give me the power.... I will start with my brother in law. First I will beat the shit out of him then feed him to hungry carps from the Pickering nuclear Station, these are savage fish... Then I will throw everyone else in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

literally impossible to get rid of those people... they have done "nothing wrong" other than being in an area they don't really belong. You can't go to security and say "this guy won't stop quietly talking about his weekend can you kick him out to another section".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    literally impossible to get rid of those people... they have done "nothing wrong" other than being in an area they don't really belong. You can't go to security and say "this guy won't stop quietly talking about his weekend can you kick him out to another section".

maybe as it stands now but i do think supporters groups should have control and say who gets seats in the supporters section.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    maybe as it stands now but i do think supporters groups should have control and say who gets seats in the supporters section.
    don't disagree but that would make for a huge and complex task for the MLSE exec, front office, and leadership within each group.

I don't think the appetite is their from the first 2 parties but who knows what happens moving forward

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right now on Tickemaster, there is a ticket for the Portland game.

Second row

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't disagree but that would make for a huge and complex task for the MLSE exec, front office, and leadership within each group.

I don't think the appetite is their from the first 2 parties but who knows what happens moving forward
    might be easier to do with a rebuilt stand

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

might be easier to do with a rebuilt stand
    "Thank you for your 8 seasons being a season ticket holder. We'd like to invite you to our new dynamic seating for season 9! If you'd be so kind to take this quick survey with obviously loaded questions about support we can find out if you're eligible for your old seats!"

I don't see it bud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    "Thank you for your 8 seasons being a season ticket holder. We'd like to invite you to our new dynamic seating for season 9! If you'd be so kind to take this quick survey with obviously loaded questions about support we can find out if you're eligible for your old seats!"

I don't see it bud.
    did they pay a seat licence?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion there is nothing wrong with the support. It's great. More and more I find people are really into the action on the field. Occasionally most will join in to a solid chant or song, and it's all good. Some will talk about their lives as the game happens...so what? Most still react strongly to what is happening on the field. There is a good energy in the stadium.

If you are expecting that someday we will grow or change or whatever into a crowd that sings for 90 minutes you will forever be disappointed. It hasn't happened into the 8th year, and personally I am less and less inspired by the bland songs that most other teams sing too. I really get into The Massive and The Bounce, but for the most part I am a TFC clap clap clap guy who screams and yells at the refs and calls for passes to certain people and discusses the play. I think there are many fans like me, and that isn't a a bad thing. I give off energy, but it just isn't always about singing for me.

Anyway, I think we as fans and supporters are great. Don't be disappointed that we don't sing for 90 minutes or that people who aren't rabid supporters make their way into the supporter sections. The energy and passion is still palpable.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You bet your ass that I can and I will!
    WE DID IT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that drives me nuts - i mean i'm not even in the supporters section (223) but i have this row of 4 guys right behind me that have had seasons for years and the whole game is a catch-up on the week, vacation plans gossiping etc. with the odd comment every now and then about the game - i've had to bite my tongue from turning around and saying, "why the fuck are you here, why not go to a pub and talk and glance at the game on TV every now and then?" - i can't imagine that in the supporters section - it would be like amplifying my situation a 100 times
    This was one of my major gripes when I had tickets. I changed my seat three years in a row and still always ended up with people like this behind me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loved the smoke at the game on Saturday!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seconded^^. Had a great look from the west side.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Supporting View Post
    I loved the smoke at the game on Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Seconded^^. Had a great look from the west side.
    Don't you guys ever think of the children? I had to take 10-12 steps from where I stood with my asthmatic 8 year old to get out of that mess. Nobody should have to endure such hardship and inconvenience in a supporter section.

Will say vocal support was decent Saturday. Hopefully something to build on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedRum View Post
    Don't you guys ever think of the children? I had to take 10-12 steps from where I stood with my asthmatic 8 year old to get out of that mess. Nobody should have to endure such hardship and inconvenience in a supporter section.

Will say vocal support was decent Saturday. Hopefully something to build on.
    I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not lol.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not lol.
    Yah he likes to keep it mysterious but I'm pretty sure he's pro smoke.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pyro sucks. I hate it. If it's the will of the majority then so be it, but it's not the kind of support I like.

I barely like smoke, I barely like flags during play but both of those things I support as it's the will of the group.

Flush is right. Let's learn how to be loud again then move onto the other things.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we all enjoyed some of it on Saturday in the second half - we got a whiff of it even up in 221.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would like to thank tom and phill the guys from u sector and of course yeoman and my self for the sweet smoke show that when on in the second half

and as phill knows well my stance will always be no pyro no party
    Ai estes são os Ultras do Benfica Primeiros a nascer
    Odiamos os tripeiros Queremos ver o Porto a arder
    DIABOS VERMELHOS 1982

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Califax View Post
    Pyro sucks. I hate it. If it's the will of the majority then so be it, but it's not the kind of support I like.

I barely like smoke, I barely like flags during play but both of those things I support as it's the will of the group.

Flush is right. Let's learn how to be loud again then move onto the other things.
    Were you the guy in the sunglasses who was saying (very sacrasticly/grumpily) we need more flags and smoke during the game on saturday but never participated in any chants???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Three pages about Pyro... Yet the chant session barely has 1 relevant thread with 3 pages...

It's sad
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS