Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pyro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pyro

Hi everyone, new to the forum but been a season ticket holder for a while now. I was just wondering what would happen if I snuck smoke bombs/fireworks/ect. into the stadium and set them off? Would I be kicked out, banned, or what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You will be banned for life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

flares would mean you are banned, stripped of your tickets, and likely charged as well. The banning i believe extends to the entire ex grounds as well as other MLSE owned properties (ACC, Downsview training area, restaurants etc)

Smoke is less than that but still a significant punishment but don't know the specifics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have seen some smoke and flares at BMO field this year already a couple games this year. There seemed to be lots of smoke going off on saturday game vs New England. Didn't notice any security acting to worried about it. But you would have to be careful, you could get your season tickets taken away. Fireworks for sure are not aloud.

Flares are sort of a grey area in MLS. You see some teams with flares going off all the time and security not acting on it. Other teams you bring a flare and you for sure will get hunted down and banned.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    That's what it is.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    I have seen some smoke and flares at BMO field this year already a couple games this year. There seemed to be lots of smoke going off on saturday game vs New England. Didn't notice any security acting to worried about it. But you would have to be careful, you could get your season tickets taken away. Fireworks for sure are not aloud.

Flares are sort of a grey area in MLS. You see some teams with flares going off all the time and security not acting on it. Other teams you bring a flare and you for sure will get hunted down and banned.
    There is authorized smoke from designated cannisters. All other pyro is banned.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    thats new, but we seemed to have it going off around 113-114 and again higher up in maybe 115 or 116 on Saturday. There was also a point when the game got stopped for a couple minutes (or was that another game? I can't remember now) till the smoke cleared. Was that all designated cannisters?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    thats new, but we seemed to have it going off around 113-114 and again higher up in maybe 115 or 116 on Saturday. There was also a point when the game got stopped for a couple minutes (or was that another game? I can't remember now) till the smoke cleared. Was that all designated cannisters?
    That was when some twit through a beer onto the pitch and the ref had to do the official warning thing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Point of the whole thing, just don't do it, not even resembling worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where can I find these designated cannisters?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Supporting View Post
    There right in front of 113 and 114. Ours in on the 113 side of the capo stand.

There's only 2 RPB that can deploy it me and Phil. Each group has 2-3 people that have been trained and are authorized to deploy smoke.

That said if you have to ask about bringing in smoke, flares, ect then you probably shouldn't. And if you do well have fun watching from home for good.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To those that are near those pre-game canisters, how is that? It looks terrible to be close to. The smoke is so thick. I felt really bad for the people right behind them and in the general vicinity.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Put your scarf over your mouth and nose and you're fine. I didn't have any trouble with it with my contact lenses, either.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's non toxic and doesn't really bother people much that I've seen. There's a few people that have really gone over the edge about it but nothing that can't be fixed.

Scarf over your face if you need and your fine. They don't last too long either there really only good for 2-3 mins. And depending on wind direction it can get pretty spread out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have pretty nasty asthma and it doesn't bother me. The nasty stuff is the stuff that you make at home with salt peter & sugar.
    WE DID IT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    life? I understood it to be a 1 year ban

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    life? I understood it to be a 1 year ban
    Its probably not life. But ban for a year, or maybe even a few years sounds likely!

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    I have pretty nasty asthma and it doesn't bother me. The nasty stuff is the stuff that you make at home with salt peter & sugar.
    I'm the same, though luckily my asthma isn't too debilitating.

I'm actually really happy with the set-up at BMO Field. It's never really bothered me and I stand fairly close to the front in row 7.

I think we have the perfect compromise with the canisters.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya, the suppoter controlled stuff is a work in progress. Its located on the far side of 113 near 112, then near the usector stand and on the other side. All smoke is purchased and supplied by the club but up to supporters on its deployment. We also have to comply by weather situations - the other night it was a no go due to the winds.

Anyone caught bringing in or setting off smoke or other pyro devices will be subject to whatever infractions the security team and police feel applicable but to my knowlege a ban from all MLSE property is possible for whatever duration they see fit, a ban from CNE grounds for a year and possible charges from the police.

Please leave the pyro at home, nobody wants to risk what we have going right now.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone, new to the forum but been a season ticket holder for a while now. I was just wondering what would happen if I snuck smoke bombs/fireworks/ect. into the stadium and set them off? Would I be kicked out, banned, or what?
    The definitive words are highlighted. I think that sums it up. If you have to sneak stuff in, it must be verboten.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

hahaha watch out people, this guy is gonna try some shit - otherwise why else would he want to know where to find the canisters

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the responses. I thought it looked really intense for whoever was near it during the New England game. It did not look pleasant at all...that being said, if those near it think it wasn't bad that's my answer...I'm not really sure how one makes any form of smoke "non toxic", but whatever. I'm glad it doesn't bother you.

Are you saying that it's you guys who control the smoke in those pre-game canisters? Are you also saying that you could do it whenever you want? Pre-game is as good a time as any, in my opinion, I'm just curious.

Also, as an aside, for those that read my thread the other day about drumming...one point that was lost was that I really think the guy who drums looks like a good guy. He's always smiling and seems like a generally nice guy and great TFC supporter and he means well. You can tell just by looking at the guy from a distance that he has a good heart and would be pleasant to be around. I know it's off topic, so I won't say anymore about it. I just wanted to say that.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ the NE game the wind pulled it into the stand, so a lot of smoke stayed pretty planted in the crowd. That being said, it was a bit much - but we were hopeful it would keep the bugs away

It is supporter controlled, we sometimes do it at kick off, for goals and have done it during the run of play as encouragement for the team. Still working out how it all works with everyone though. The other groups in Usector and sg114 are good guys to work with.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the responses I was just curious!!
    Last edited by Supporting; 05-09-2014 at 02:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    hahaha watch out people, this guy is gonna try some shit - otherwise why else would he want to know where to find the canisters

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the smoke and it's the only think that keeps me in the supporter section.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    I love the smoke and it's the only think that keeps me in the supporter section.
    What kept you in supporter section last 7 years when we did not have smoke?
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    What kept you in supporter section last 7 years when we did not have smoke?
    this is the 2nd year that had a ticket in 114. Last season I only use my seat once for haft the game and then was in 111. This season I have been in 114 for SG114 for 4 games and things are not going good
    Last edited by nascarguy; 05-09-2014 at 08:40 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Santiago View Post
    Thanks for the responses. I thought it looked really intense for whoever was near it during the New England game. It did not look pleasant at all...that being said, if those near it think it wasn't bad that's my answer...I'm not really sure how one makes any form of smoke "non toxic", but whatever. I'm glad it doesn't bother you.

Are you saying that it's you guys who control the smoke in those pre-game canisters? Are you also saying that you could do it whenever you want? Pre-game is as good a time as any, in my opinion, I'm just curious.

Also, as an aside, for those that read my thread the other day about drumming...one point that was lost was that I really think the guy who drums looks like a good guy. He's always smiling and seems like a generally nice guy and great TFC supporter and he means well. You can tell just by looking at the guy from a distance that he has a good heart and would be pleasant to be around. I know it's off topic, so I won't say anymore about it. I just wanted to say that.
    You're right about that guy and you didn't have to say that but compliments are never off topic as far as I'm concerned. Thanks, Tony.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER