Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I think we go in for the kill right off the bat.

If Vancouver comes in with a lesser lineup, then fuck it, make them pay.

With Montreal (likely) on the other end of the final, would be foolish not to go for it. Perhaps a V's cup could help motivate and build up some confidence. Give us something to hang our hats on, other than being 3pts from the basement with a league worst 7 goals scored.
    Out best memories with TFC are in the CCL. Playing Mexican teams at BMO is the highest level of games we get to see. Bring it on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...i-1st-leg-vs-v

Armen indicates Osorio has a "quadriceps contusion".

Bradley and Bekker people.
    I dont know about that. Bradley does not look anywhere close to 100% and despite his all out ignorance of his personal health, he must have the world cup on his mind.

I am really worried he goes into the World Cup with a knock and just completely destroys his body to the point where he will suffer for the rest of the season.

Rest him please. If Hall is back at it, then Hall and Bekker, but it would make sense to just have Bekker and Orr in the hole.

I predict Hagglund will get a game in beside Caldwell to maybe give Henry a rest and time to get over last game. Or you thrown him right back in to learn from his mistakes. Who knows.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hall is out. Osorio needs a week. As for Orr, any partnership in midfield requires timing to be successful. Orr doesn't play there, ever. It would be a disaster.

There is no choice but Bradley and Bekker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outside of collecting a bit of his salary back, no?
    That is a benefit, but not a very large one.

Caesar's QPR salary is reportedly around £45,000/week (~ 75,500 USD) or £2.5 million pound/year ( ~ 4.2 million USD).

We are paying him $192,000USD/year, approximately 2.5 weeks of his QPR salary. If you look at it on a weekly basis, we are covering ~ 3,692USD/£2,175 per week of his salary

Post WC, it will be in their best interest is to move him and reduce their wage bill by as much as possible. It is very unlikely they will find a team that will pay him what he makes now, which means QPR will need to eat some of his salary if they want to keep him. If they can find a team willing to pay a transfer fee and pay him a base salary of more than £2,175/week, then there is no benefit to QPR to leave him here.

Hope I'm wrong, I'd love to see him stay for the season, but I would be shocked. Unless he has an absolutely torrid WC and no clubs want him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    QPR is in the promotion playoff with Robert Green as their first choice. I can not really see them recall Julio unless a big July transfer is in the cards, especially after a strong World Cup, maybe even winning it.
    See my post above. Arsenal wanted him last year but the wage demands are were too big. If QPR can't move him for the full salary post WC, they will never move him full salary. At that point, it would be better financially for them to sell him and continue to cover part of his salary than it would be to leave him here.

Other factor - Green is the number one because they wanted to force Cesar out due to his high wage- not because he is the better keeper. if they are promoted, and can't move him, they may very well recall him to be part of the QPR squad again.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    from rumours I don't think TL wants to be around after this year......as Larsen said, we seem to be losing our soul . I don't see us actually jelling at all this year.......for many reasons , too much too fast and in some ways we still have the same old team . EG this game . Our bench . This game is all Vancouver if they really want it . Which ever team dresses to win , gets it . And another game in the cold rain , more than likely . Fix the damn stadium .
    Took a look into those rumours, although they have a ring of truth, I don't know. I guess nothing shocks me at this point.

Wife doesn't like that brutal winter
    High level of dysfunction on the board (who would have thought given the company is run by two rivals???)
    Was under pressure to bring in Argos and fix BMO
    Feels that 2 of the 3 teams are *fixed* and getting 3rd set with new people / direction

Now we have TFC listing a bit - I scoffed at the assumption this could be a competition that puts a lot of pressure on TL, but maybe there is something there.

On the other side of things, TL's daughter works with Bon Jovi, they is definite interest in bringing NFL to the area and the Bills look prime in some aspects. I think this is about ego and he sees a shot at the glory he didn't get in LA. As well, his daughter married a hocky player that they moved from LA to here, I just can't see some dysfunction and a bad winter being grounds to pack it all up and hightail it out. CEO's tend to think a bit different than that but we wait and see I guess.

Ahhhh, sports, games in the boardroom and BS....welcome to Toronto.
    Last edited by Phil; 05-06-2014 at 08:24 AM.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    That is a benefit, but not a very large one.

Caesar's QPR salary is reportedly around £45,000/week (~ 75,500 USD) or £2.5 million pound/year ( ~ 4.2 million USD).

We are paying him $192,000USD/year, approximately 2.5 weeks of his QPR salary. If you look at it on a weekly basis, we are covering ~ 3,692USD/£2,175 per week of his salary

Post WC, it will be in their best interest is to move him and reduce their wage bill by as much as possible. It is very unlikely they will find a team that will pay him what he makes now, which means QPR will need to eat some of his salary if they want to keep him. If they can find a team willing to pay a transfer fee and pay him a base salary of more than £2,175/week, then there is no benefit to QPR to leave him here.

Hope I'm wrong, I'd love to see him stay for the season, but I would be shocked. Unless he has an absolutely torrid WC and no clubs want him.
    I would like to see him stick around and I am sure he does too, but it seems like a bad charity case in the long run (full MLS season). He is pretty much impossible to move in the January window which would be the one he is eligable for again, like you point out, full market value and recompensation probably only happens in the summer window post world cup.

Then look at the articles recently - 'Julio wants to leave TFC in a good position before world cup' and 'Bendick has improved under Cesar'. I probably have the tin foil hat thing going but those articles seemed primed in upping confidence in the position with Joe and hint at an immenent departure of Julio.

To bring it back to topic I think this is Bendicks warm up to a long second half of the season. I do have full confidence in both guys, fun to think the captain of Brazil played for us during the world cup.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I would like to see him stick around and I am sure he does too, but it seems like a bad charity case in the long run (full MLS season). He is pretty much impossible to move in the January window which would be the one he is eligable for again, like you point out, full market value and recompensation probably only happens in the summer window post world cup.

Then look at the articles recently - 'Julio wants to leave TFC in a good position before world cup' and 'Bendick has improved under Cesar'. I probably have the tin foil hat thing going but those articles seemed primed in upping confidence in the position with Joe and hint at an immenent departure of Julio.

To bring it back to topic I think this is Bendicks warm up to a long second half of the season. I do have full confidence in both guys, fun to think the captain of Brazil played for us during the world cup.
    Either way it makes sense to play Bendik tonight. Cesar is gone for several games, it makes sense to give Bendik a match to get him towards match fitness for those games. Regardless of what we think, the league is the priority of the team, not the cups.

However, it would not suprise me one bit if Cesar came here under the terms that he plays every game he is fit for, so we might see him instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Either way it makes sense to play Bendik tonight. Cesar is gone for several games, it makes sense to give Bendik a match to get him towards match fitness for those games. Regardless of what we think, the league is the priority of the team, not the cups.

However, it would not suprise me one bit if Cesar came here under the terms that he plays every game he is fit for, so we might see him instead.
    Very good point. We may not have a choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I've seen on the Voyageurs forum and the CSA website, it seems the Whitecaps won't be treating this competition with much seriousness at all. I'm guessing we are more likely to see a 2nd XI than a 1st tomorrow?

http://www.thevoyageurs.org/index.p...ouver-whitecaps-fc-may-7th-430pm-pt-730pm-et/

http://www.canadasoccer.com/clubs-s15266

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Random potentials:

We might get a Morgan sighting tomorrow.

Jackson gets the day off with Rey and Issy playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Feels like 5 degrees with 70%/80% chance of light rain.
    - Wednesday night with horrible transportation options.
    - Coming off a bunch of losses and the buzz is fading.
    - Expectation that reserves might be starting.

What's the over/under on attendance? I'd say 10,000.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Random potentials:

We might get a Morgan sighting tomorrow.

Jackson gets the day off with Rey and Issy playing.
    rey and issey can see alot of creativity

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if you usually come down the Bathurst car, you take a car to Fleet Loop, and then a bus into the Ex grounds.

Taken from http://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories...thurst_krt.jsp

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC @torontofc Nelsen: Yes, Joe Bendik will play.

Defoe: I just missed 3 games, so I just need to get games, league or cup. #tfclive pic.twitter.com/SGaGksmE0E
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-06-2014 at 12:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if you usually come down the Bathurst car, you take a car to Fleet Loop, and then a bus into the Ex grounds.

Taken from http://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories...thurst_krt.jsp

Getting around this city is a god forsaken fucking nightmare from hell.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take the GO train from Union, will save you from a headache, even after spending the extra $5.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=451403

"Midfielder Jonathan Osorio and defender Bradley Orr are doubtful through injury but Nelsen expects England striker Jermain Defoe and his other big guns to start. Toronto has an MLS bye this weekend."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take the GO train from Union, will save you from a headache, even after spending the extra $5.
    I was really just speaking in general. Not worth $5 when I could just walk!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So we're resting someone that's going to be gone for the world cup in a week or two? Ohh Nelsen....you're so smart!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was really just speaking in general. Not worth $5 when I could just walk!
    I have walked many times, rather quite enjoyable, just pointing it out if people are in a rush.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LFC8 View Post
    So we're resting someone that's going to be gone for the world cup in a week or two? Ohh Nelsen....you're so smart!
    Bendik has been earmarked to start these games since Cesar came in. Nothing to do with being rested.

“I played 33 games last year and I’ve had time here to get my hands in,” Bendik said. “It’ll be good to play Vancouver twice in the Amway Cup and from there that will lead me into the middle of the season, so yeah, very confident.”
    Thats a quote from Bendik from last month.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^This is what Real Madrid did with Casillas (play him only in Champions League). It's actually an interesting way to manage the GKs.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are u really saying TL wants to leave after this year?
    Steven Brunt whom I greatly admire and McCowan had hinted the that was the going rumour
    , for many reasons not the least Rogers and Bell still not being so communicative and best of friends . (and his wife is not charmed by the weather , lol )..He wants to successfully set the teams on the right course and move on ........after comments I saw on the stars website towards his wife , I wouldn't be surprised . shame
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ^This is what Real Madrid did with Casillas (play him only in Champions League). It's actually an interesting way to manage the GKs.
    Well if we were to make the knockout, Bendik would be the guy regardless. Like the idea of him playing this whole thing should it fall that way for us.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Took a look into those rumours, although they have a ring of truth, I don't know. I guess nothing shocks me at this point.

Wife doesn't like that brutal winter
    High level of dysfunction on the board (who would have thought given the company is run by two rivals???)
    Was under pressure to bring in Argos and fix BMO
    Feels that 2 of the 3 teams are *fixed* and getting 3rd set with new people / direction

Now we have TFC listing a bit - I scoffed at the assumption this could be a competition that puts a lot of pressure on TL, but maybe there is something there.

On the other side of things, TL's daughter works with Bon Jovi, they is definite interest in bringing NFL to the area and the Bills look prime in some aspects. I think this is about ego and he sees a shot at the glory he didn't get in LA. As well, his daughter married a hocky player that they moved from LA to here, I just can't see some dysfunction and a bad winter being grounds to pack it all up and hightail it out. CEO's tend to think a bit different than that but we wait and see I guess.

Ahhhh, sports, games in the boardroom and BS....welcome to Toronto.
    hopefully every step, is a slight one forward .......as I look around the league there are some quality teams with dedicated personal , not really 'big' name , but getting the job done especially with the balanced team concept . So if he did leave at least he started a 'positive' we can do it approach . Our foundations still are shakey , Bradley and Defoe can't get it done by themselves, esp Defoe....he's nothing without service . Maybe we could use a small realistic step back and slow down and realise we aren't going to dominate quite yet . Also as much as I hate to say it , I don't see a passionate all for one spirit forming under Nelson . As per the raptors , lets say . It is Nelson's job to drill the team concept . And esp after watching Gilberto steal , Osorios almost sure goal and shoot ridiculously wide on Sat I wonder if each man is trying too hard and everyone is thinking me instead of the team . Jackson another one guilty also . Still waiting for an accurate pass or shot going forward from him. Issey should come on for him sooner rather than later , sending him a message . but thats another point . I am just looking at this point for teamwork . This game is a way to improve that . Play Hagglund , Orr , and ?? yes our bench is kinda shameful. And if Weidman can't produce in these games then he has to go .

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually ....worse . Payback for the bullshit federal, Provincial and even Toronto civic governments all saying FU Toronto . Until everyone votes and says we won't take this shit anymore everything will be TO pays and the rest of the country receives .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It worked well for us a few years ago with Frei and Kocic as well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    actually ....worse . Payback for the bullshit federal, Provincial and even Toronto civic governments all saying FU Toronto . Until everyone votes and says we won't take this shit anymore everything will be TO pays and the rest of the country receives .
    Time to become our own City State

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    Time to become our own City State
    Oh my aching sides! You guys vited for Rob Ford FFS...you can't be trusted with the vote!