Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There goes the advantage in this series

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Wow...now that's a nice finish. And might even be enough to see us to the final.
    Spoke too soon. Dang.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by speckles View Post
    There goes the advantage in this series
    Just have to make sure we don't need it.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caldwell is shit. Needs to sit next game and bring in Orr alongside Henry.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Classic TFC. Only they know how to win a game and have everyone feel in their bones that it was a loss.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does that mean we need to get in Vancouver, the options seemed to be less after we let in Manneh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously...this is going south now. That was our best starting outfield.... Against a youth team. Away goal advantage for Vancouver. They are not going to have a chance in Vancouver.

Gilberto & Rey were just awfull.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We always have to make it close. That's just the way it is with this club. How I'd long for another 6-1 win a la 2009.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should have stayed at the north and to be up close to all the action

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to say...felt like we were out coached this game, the game plan was flat and the substitutions ineffective while Vancouver always looked like they were executing a plan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also nelson paid too much for gilberto to put it simply. especially with defoe and dero in the lineup. it doesn't really make sense to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The skill leave is fallen off a cliff..defense fragile again in the last ten and me thinks Bradly more concerned about WC than club and has been holding back last couple of games. This team is building a nasty momentum.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seriously can't blame Caldwell or any of the defense for now winning by more tonight. That's all down to the attackers - we just can't seem to score a lot. Gilberto, for all his effort, just isn't looking like scoring. so its all down to Bradley and Defo, who really are the only two who ever look like scoring. Rey never looks liek scoring, Bekker doesn't either, and we don't look dangerous at all from the many corners and free kicks we get (that was down to Bekker tonight, how many times did he underhit or overhit a dead ball????).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right now it doesnt look like Gilberto was a smart signing we need to rid him of his DP contract, would be fine if he was just an international player

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    I have to say...felt like we were out coached this game, the game plan was flat and the substitutions ineffective while Vancouver always looked like they were executing a plan.
    I thought we looked alright - were just let down in the final 10 yards by several players. Lots of prime chances, that weren't bagged, or were squandered away by a shitty or unfortunate final move/pass.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predictable ending. Joke clearance by Caldwell... I don't get it, if you aren't in a strong position to bash the ball downfield surely it should at least be sent towards touch and not a puff ball dropping near the penalty spot lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow we barely beat the Whitecaps academy team for heaven sakes, Caldwell crap Gilberto if he can't score against kids then when will he score and Rey useless, god help us!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agreed. we were not dominate but a lot of our shots were poor. biggest issue is this was a reserve heavy whitecaps team.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Gilberto really needs to get off the schneid soon, for the sake of his own psyche, if anything. I thought this would have been the game to do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    Right now it doesnt look like Gilberto was a smart signing we need to rid him of his DP contract, would be fine if he was just an international player
    The way the Caps, Uruguayans are playing, I think TL should try to lure Forlan after the World Cup and dump Gilberto. His countrymen, Camilo scored more timelier goals than he has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vancouver scored when they needed a goal. Robinson seems to be a much better coach than Nelsen.. they seem like they can actually develop players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NolbertoS View Post
    The way the Caps, Uruguayans are playing, I think TL should try to lure Forlan after the World Cup and dump Gilberto. His countrymen, Camilo scored more timelier goals than he has.
    forlan is pretty old and slow, but could help a lot with creation probably. all of the 'caps uruguayan players are not DP's and are somewhat young and we're acquired from some less watched leagues, i believe like premiera division peru and chile. So they don't really compare with forlan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilberto is way too cocky to think he can score 20 goals in the season; doesnt understand this league is much tougher than he gives credit, just confused why he deserves to be a DP as he hasnt shown our fans his worthiness, and I think this signing as of right now is even worse than the JDG signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Vancouver scored when they needed a goal. Robinson seems to be a much better coach than Nelsen.. they seem like they can actually develop players.
    he's way better. no question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well lieweke was sitting at the Rogers zone terrace. Hopefully he could also see that the money and hype are being wasted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I have to say is that I am glad I didn't go to this game. Save my money and time to waste 2 hours of garbage soccer.

Can we get a manager who knows a thing or two when comes to tactics? Seems like Nelsen is being outcoached every game this year.

Bradley is obviously holding back which is sick to see as a paying customer. I wonder what MLSE thinks of wasting money on players who don't give their 100% effort. I wish I could get paid in millions and not try as hard like Bradley. I hope it backfire and USA is eliminated after their 3 group games.

This game was a joke and I wish TFC just played their academy team who at least play with some effort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Certain the weaknesses of players is being found out..time and time again, game after game. We need not just depth but generally a higher class of player. Our top two DPs can't do it on their own, why was the defense desperate all the second half...why is it necessary for Gilberto to have to come out and defend, not just set pieces...seriously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    All I have to say is that I am glad I didn't go to this game. Save my money and time to waste 2 hours of garbage soccer.

Can we get a manager who knows a thing or two when comes to tactics? Seems like Nelsen is being outcoached every game this year.

Bradley is obviously holding back which is sick to see as a paying customer. I wonder what MLSE thinks of wasting money on players who don't give their 100% effort. I wish I could get paid in millions and not try as hard like Bradley. I hope it backfire and USA is eliminated after their 3 group games.

This game was a joke and I wish TFC just played their academy team who at least play with some effort.

The dude just had surgery.. it takes time to heal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People will take out of that what ever they want to.

Issy had a good game.

Away goal sucked.

DeRo stood up for the team.

You can see them not quite sure of where each other will be.

Defoe and Bradley were class.

I did not miss Jackson.

Roll on next week.