RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default So you think you know your TFC? (Trivia thread) Matchday 7 edition

Rules:
    1. NO SEARCHING INTERNET ALLOWED! Do not scroll down the thread until you answered the questions.
    2. Every question is either directly, or indirected related to TFC, current or former TFC player.

It's for fun, and you can keep track of how you do by yourself.

1. The last game of 07 season ended in 2-2 draw remembered by Dichio's goal with the last kick of the game. But this current USMNT player also scored a goal from centre line.
    2. This former TFC player played 1 season with New England in 2013, before moving to Seattle for 2014.
    3. TFC has won twice at Gillette Stadium, both a 1-0 win in 2012 and 2013. Who were the scorers? (hint: they no longer play for TFC)
    4. TFC did not take a point at Gillette stadium until 1 Aug 2009, a 1-1 draw. Which active TFC player scored TFC's goal that game?
    5. This player was drafted in 2008 by TFC, but was traded to New England later that season without playing a game for TFC for an international spot, where he played 4 seasons with New England.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Parkhurst ?
    2. Barrett
    3. Cant remember specific goal scorers from games unless it was a classic game
    4. Cant remember specific goal scorers from games unless it was a classic game
    5. Pat Phelan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was definitely Parkhurst with the golazo, still the best goal I've ever seen at BMO Field (maybe Dunfield against Ecuador could be up there).

I'll hazard a guess and say Maicon Santos got one of the 1-0 goals?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. The last game of 07 season ended in 2-2 draw remembered by Dichio's goal with the last kick of the game. But this current USMNT player also scored a goal from centre line. Don't know
    2. This former TFC player played 1 season with New England in 2013, before moving to Seattle for 2014. Chad Barrett
    3. TFC has won twice at Gillette Stadium, both a 1-0 win in 2012 and 2013. Who were the scorers? (hint: they no longer play for TFC). Silva and Laba
    4. TFC did not take a point at Gillette stadium until 1 Aug 2009, a 1-1 draw. Which active TFC player scored TFC's goal that game? DeRo. The only guy that would have been active.
    5. This player was drafted in 2008 by TFC, but was traded to New England later that season without playing a game for TFC for an international spot, where he played 4 seasons with New England. Pat Phelan.
    Last edited by PopePouri; 05-01-2014 at 06:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Rules:
    1. NO SEARCHING INTERNET ALLOWED! Do not scroll down the thread until you answered the questions.
    2. Every question is either directly, or indirected related to TFC, current or former TFC player.

It's for fun, and you can keep track of how you do by yourself.

1. The last game of 07 season ended in 2-2 draw remembered by Dichio's goal with the last kick of the game. But this current USMNT player also scored a goal from centre line.
    2. This former TFC player played 1 season with New England in 2013, before moving to Seattle for 2014.
    3. TFC has won twice at Gillette Stadium, both a 1-0 win in 2012 and 2013. Who were the scorers? (hint: they no longer play for TFC)
    4. TFC did not take a point at Gillette stadium until 1 Aug 2009, a 1-1 draw. Which active TFC player scored TFC's goal that game?
    5. This player was drafted in 2008 by TFC, but was traded to New England later that season without playing a game for TFC for an international spot, where he played 4 seasons with New England.

1. Park
    2. Dunno
    3. 2012: Guessing Koevermans 2013: Laba's sweet sweet goal I think, converted from his own pressure on the ball if I remember correctly.
    4. Has to be Dero?
    5. Also Dunno

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Michael Parkhurst from Downtown Toronto".

Made Stamatopolous look pretty bad.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Maurice Edu...just a guess-can't think of any other current USMNT that was with TFC in 07 (Buddle count?).
    2. Chad Barrett...that was easy
    3. Luis Silva (2012) and Matias Laba (2013)...remember 2013 game, Laba did it in like the 2nd minute off the interception, run 60 yards, knocked in the rebound; 2012 i remember more for Koef's injury, but I think Silva had a nice 1-2 at the top centre of the 18 towards the PK spot-one of the nicer goals TFC has scored if I remember this correct
    4. Dwayne De Rosario...(only active player in 2009)
    5. Pat Phelan or Julius James were our 2 first round picks since we dusted Brek Shea's pick for Richard Mulrooney the year before...remember James played for TFC, so Phelan it is

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Answers

-Michael Parkhurst

-Chad Barrett

-2012: Luis Silva. Memorable game for Koeverman's assisting on the goal, and also his career ending injury.
    2013: Matias Laba. His only MLS goal so far.

-By deduction, it's De Rosario.

-Pat Phelan
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano