Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Don't say that man, we are in a tiny tiny minority here, 90% of this board will say no problem, it's just 7 games into the season, give Nelsen 2 more years!
    The alternative being that we get another coach, who wants a whole new set of players, and we start over yet again? What is this, groundhog season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yip it all rest with the players..the attack is still not functioning and the defence stopped overachieving... resulting in a total mess.

If it was not for Cesear and a fluckie goal we would have lost 3/4 nil!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    The alternative being that we get another coach, who wants a whole new set of players, and we start over yet again? What is this, groundhog season?
    another alternative is to get a good, proven coach. just saying....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carver was a good coach and the fans ran him out of town....including most people here....Why would any decent coach want to come here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    Carver was a good coach and the fans ran him out of town....including most people here....Why would any decent coach want to come here?
    Carver was the only good coach in the history of TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    i think nelsen's the beset we're gonna get, which isn't too good lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was depressing. Bradley was off. Jackson was so bad with the ball, they left him open. Bekker was afraid.

And those effing Bugs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carver was the only good coach in the history of TFC.
    i would add cummins and preki to that list, although 90% on here won't agree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by speckles View Post
    yip it all rest with the players..the attack is still not functioning and the defence stopped overachieving... resulting in a total mess.

If it was not for Cesear and a fluckie goal we would have lost 3/4 nil!
    Not really by 3/4 nil, but with 2 goals easy.
    And someone has posted that TFC should've won by 2-3 goals, because we had so many chances... lol... like NE had no more clean chances than TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how can anyone without clear bias blame this game on the coach..seriously the players where it starts and stops today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're a team that hasn't gelled yet. We started to, then everyone got injured and now they're back and it feels like we're starting all over again. I could go through what I though of everyone's performance but it's all been said. One thing is for sure though, nobody on that team except for Ceasar deserves a 7 rating, let alone a 9.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Wouldn't mind Henry sitting out this one... what with his keenness to throw his hands all over the place and resort to any means necessary when he gets beat.
    Winner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really by 3/4 nil, but with 2 goals easy.
    And someone has posted that TFC should've won by 2-3 goals, because we had so many chances... lol... like NE had no more clean chances than TFC.
    Yeah I did forget the last couple of near things at the end...the urgency would have been nice earlier than the last five minutes...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how can anyone without clear bias blame this game on the coach..seriously the players where it starts and stops today.
    out of curiousity, but who is the one who decides the player personnel, and better yet the starting 11; and who is the one creating the practices teaching players to be fit and how to play a certain style; how can it not be the coach, how many windows has be been through if he thinks a player isnt worthwhile bench him and look for an alternative

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In hind sight I would have played Orr in front of Henry

Maybe we would have won 1-0

In fact I would play the tea lady in front of Henry, and if she was not available maybe her blind dog

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, no coach could have thought Henry would give that ball away and throw an arm in the box, AND that Gilberto would come so close over and over again! I'm not sure how either are Nelson's fault? Sometimes all the training and planning can't make up for things like that! I'm sure once Gilberto gets one goal, he's going to score 10 in a game, or the ball is going to start going in off his butt and back of his head. Gotta fell sorry for the guy really, he had so many chances today, did literally everything right but hit the back of the net!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC $16,648,858

New England Revolution $3,432,422

7 games or not, we have to win these games at home period.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any word on Osorio injury?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, no coach could have thought Henry would give that ball away and throw an arm in the box, AND that Gilberto would come so close over and over again! I'm not sure how either are Nelson's fault? Sometimes all the training and planning can't make up for things like that! I'm sure once Gilberto gets one goal, he's going to score 10 in a game, or the ball is going to start going in off his butt and back of his head. Gotta fell sorry for the guy really, he had so many chances today, did literally everything right but hit the back of the net!
    Henry screws up more times than not, it's guna happen if he is picked. Period

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Losing at home is never acceptable. No points at home is even less acceptable. I continue to believe in Gilberto tools/skill wise, but a striker ultimately gets judged on his goals, he needs to get going ASAP, or he will start looking like a bust.

I will leave it at that. If we do not start picking up some serious points in the next five games, then the play offs may come into question once again. It is hard to explain, all in all I could accept a 3-3 record, at the begging of the season in light of our histroy/injuries, number of away games. BUT slipping under .500 at home is not acceptable. We need 3 straight wins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilberto started to look like he clearly was losing confidence last game..more in position today than Defoe...however what is the alternative.. - Orr for Henry..with the benefit of hindsight that Henry has regressed from prior in the season is the only option not used by the coach today. ALthough all the back four were bad.

TFC was lucky to recruit who they got in the offseason given their history..they did a great selling job..they clearly had limited luck all this season except the first game...they clearly have players back but not at 100%.

Without any player showing consistent execution on the field..what can you expect. Yeah lets blame the coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everything is the worst. I hate this team. I hate this city. I hate football. It's never going to get better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

learn from past mistakes and move forward, but unfortunately so far it looks like TFC has refused to do so, and therefore we will be found out; and slide down the rankings. The coach needs to recognize this, and not just say well we tried, needs to correct something that is wrong and move further ahead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    everything is the worst. I hate this team. I hate this city. I hate football. It's never going to get better.
    Chin up, buttercup! I'm sure Nelsen will snap his finger one of these days and we will suddenly stop playing anti-football. We might even string a few passes together!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adam1001 View Post
    Chin up, buttercup! I'm sure Nelsen will snap his finger one of these days and we will suddenly stop playing anti-football. We might even string a few passes together!
    Just got home. Soaked and shivering. Pookie, it is a great seat. From there I could easily arrive at a familiar conclusion. Most teams, and most players in MLS are better than our club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Just got home. Soaked and shivering. Pookie, it is a great seat. From there I could easily arrive at a familiar conclusion. Most teams, and most players in MLS are better than our club.
    No. we have the players to be a very competitive club now. We can't use that as one of our excuses any more. today was all on Nelsen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know a lots off people here on this site loves Henry,but when that guy is in line up there is always something, isn't it a red card then we'll a penalty, he don't belong on the field

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc2008 View Post
    I know a lots off people here on this site loves Henry,but when that guy is in line up there is always something, isn't it a red card then we'll a penalty, he don't belong on the field
    He is long ways off being a regular IMO yet he is? Wtf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andrew Farrell is a pretty damn good player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2mil4dero+santo View Post
    i would add cummins and preki to that list, although 90% on here won't agree
    Preki may have been a decent technical guy but his man management and ego were brutal...he ran Robinson and Cronin out of town, and they were the 2 BEST LEADERS we have had until Bradley showed up...