Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warner and lovitz impressing
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeremy Hall our beer league player who we just can't seem to get rid of. What a cleansing feeling it will be when that day arrives. Never seen a goalie rushed in one half as much as Konopka, looked pretty amateurish.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully we can score a goal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovitz doing well as is Warner. Hall cementing his move to Orlando. Konopka should never see the field all season.

Spurs are impressive going forward. More pace and technique will do that for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That first half was next level boring.

I went to the Roma game as a fan of both teams and enjoyed it. I have no feelings for Tottenham and we're playing a crappy lineup so this is pretty awful.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Q has been pretty good. Fearless
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wiedeman with a poacher effort. Perfect throughball by Lovitz who's been MOM IMO.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best finisher? best finisher.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wiedeman should have taken that penalty!
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jordan hamilton!!!

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy shit that was beautiful.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, all tied up. This half has been a lot better than the first half, which was coma-inducing.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

de rosario doin very well, always does in stiff competition. I was thinking...these euro friendlies, the euro's come in for the money but they dont realize players want to come here once when they come over here and see its the same crowds, newer facilities. Bradley came from roma after the roma friendly in toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dutch View Post
    de rosario doin very well, always does in stiff competition. I was thinking...these euro friendlies, the euro's come in for the money but they dont realize players want to come here once when they come over here and see its the same crowds, newer facilities. Bradley came from roma after the roma friendly in toronto
    That might be a small factor, but I think Bradley's decision was pure $$$, and playing time to a lesser extent. Toronto are paying him way above market value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't wait to fast forward a couple years and see Hamilton ripping it up with the first team. Great goal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I obviously don't really care if we win this game, but I'm at least pleased that it won't be a blowout. Regardless of whether we are playing starters, getting shellacked by European teams always leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh Morgan. you always sucked at 1v1 defending

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2nd half shines on youth ability and desire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Hamilton kid is dynamite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I literally was watching this game for two seconds and my god.. Bekker as much as that was a terrible pass from Ritcher, get back and defend!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww darn. Would have liked a draw, but oh well. This half has been fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does Kyle Bekker run back and try to win the ball back when he loses it? No, he'd rather walk back and watch spurs score. He is so lazy. What a waste of talent.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bekker loses the ball, and doesn't even try to help out the defence leading to Spurs goal. This is why he's not getting mins

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't notice whether he gave up on the play or not, but let's be fair people that was a suicide pass from Richter. I doubt anyone on our team would have been able to control that. Even if he did he was under a lot of pressure before the pass was even played. Really bad decision from Richter.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hamilton had one helluva 45mins. If he keeps developing like he is right now...

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bekker has a tendency to be lazy check out the comments from early season game threads.

Sending him to our farm team when the new guy comes would do well to give him a reality check.

He basically casually jogs back relying on defenders when he could back check and potentially grab a rebound, its lazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Bekker loses the ball, and doesn't even try to help out the defence leading to Spurs goal. This is why he's not getting mins
    And yet at times tonight he was really exceptional offensively.

I think he's Freddy Adu redux. He has a better shot but Freddy is better with the ball at his feet. And they're both only good going in one direction.

Maybe the thing to do with Bekker is to recognize this and play him as a false nine/number 10, a Baggio-style player in the hole who can rip one off from distance but also feed guys in front of him and wide.

Certainly playing him as a two-way midfielder is just a lost cause.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll also note that Wiedeman, I still believe, has real potential. He's only 24 and getting stronger as a player; he's always been a decent finisher. When given service tonight, he used it, and when given a first touch in front of the box, he set up Hamilton.

He should get some time off the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good on the young guns for making it respectable. Hamilton looked great. Hall is garbage, truly a glorified beer league player that has no business playing in this league. Bekker isn't any better.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Hamilton had one helluva 45mins. If he keeps developing like he is right now...
    It was fantastic to watch. The kid looked great. I'll have to follow his development more closely from now on.