Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Matchday 6: Toronto at Dallas, Sat 19 April 830PM EST

A tough road game against league leaders Dallas. Bradley must play if TFC is to have any chance against strong Dallas midfield
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to be the usual week of injury watch it seems.

DeRo

Rey

Bradley

Defoe

Henry

Osorio

With a week break afterwards, I could see none of them playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley was dressed and on the bench yesterday, even though he didn't warm up during the game. I'd be shocked if he didn't return to the lineup after another week of rest, especially after Hall's shit show of a performance in the midfield. Even if Bradley is the only player to return from the infirmary against Dallas, we can win.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Bradley was dressed and on the bench yesterday.... .
    So who was that guy wearing a suit and tie and talking with Defoe in the MLSE box that they were showing on the scoreboard at around the 85th minute?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley was dressed and on the bench yesterday, even though he didn't warm up during the game. I'd be shocked if he didn't return to the lineup after another week of rest, especially after Hall's shit show of a performance in the midfield. Even if Bradley is the only player to return from the infirmary against Dallas, we can win.
    Morgan was the injured player dressed, not Bradley who was hanging out with Defoe
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They showed Bradley a few times on the big screen in dress clothes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

??? no he wasn't. I saw him up in the VIP box in casual attire with Defoe.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MB was in a box in the Northwest corner, he acknowledged 127 when they did the Michael Bradley chant. I fully expect him on the pitch in Dallas.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Morgan was the injured player dressed, not Bradley who was hanging out with Defoe

Now that you mention it, Morgan kinda looks like Bradley from a distance.

Last edited by OgtheDim; 04-13-2014 at 10:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Now that you mention it, Morgan kinds looks like Bradley from a distance.

Hahah. Was about to post something similar...how can you get those 2 confused.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If none of the injured players that did not play yesterday don't play then I see no hope and a loss and could be the start of the good old TFC slide down hill with the World Cup around the corner and the loss of Bradley and even Defoe but for me Bradley is the key to this team as we saw in Columbus even without Defoe, this team might be able to survive without Defoe but it can't without Bradley, moreover, it better get use to playing without Defoe because this guy was already damaged goods when they got him and we will be lucky if Defoe plays many games for this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lulz dude, especially since they showed him up in the box repeatedly throughout the broadcast of the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty sure Bradley will play against Dallas. I reckon Rey, Henry, and possibly Oso will be back too. Defoe hopefully. As much as I love DeRo, He isnt showing the quality required to be a starting striker. And Defoe and Gilberto looked good together vs DC. Will be nice to see that combo back again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

During the Colorado broadcast they said Henry will likely not be back for this game.

We need Bradley to play and we need Rey to play. Having them out killed our midfield creativity. Rey may not always pick out the final pass but he's excellent at getting the ball into advanced areas out of midfield. We couldn't do that against Colorado with all the injuries we had so we had to boot it up to the strikers constantly.

Two week break after this game. Let's try to get a result, but avoid any serious injuries so that we can return to full strength by May.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, I didn't see the game on television, I saw it from 119, and I saw Bradley on the bench during the pre-game with his jersey on. I wasn't even drunk yet.

In any event, I'm confident he'll be back next weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every report I saw suggested that Bradley was being rested to prevent injuries and fatigue, not because of them. Why they didn't do that against Columbus is a complete mystery.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cdnorman View Post
    Every report I saw suggested that Bradley was being rested to prevent injuries and fatigue, not because of them. Why they didn't do that against Columbus is a complete mystery.
    They have announced a quadriceps injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nelsen did mention in his post game interview that Oso would be back to regular training this week. As long as everything goes smoothly he should be playing in Dallas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    ??? no he wasn't. I saw him up in the VIP box in casual attire with Defoe.
    .... and Paul Stalteri.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    They have announced a quadriceps injury.
    Thanks. It was probably pretty minor if anything, but I do see the need to protect the good players this early in the season. I actually think the "experiment" with having so many folk who weren't core starters play will do the team well over the long haul. Nelson has always maintained that having a strong group through the entire roster is the key, not just having superstar performances from the superstars and he's right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to say 1-0 Dallas. Our defense will hold except for one mistake in the final 10 minutes and since Bradley and Defoe won't be playing nobody will score goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So coming into this match, we've played the current 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th place teams (all sitting with 10pts), as well as DCU with a respectable 7pts. Dallas sits 1st.

What a way to open the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul Stalteri his buddy from Toronto and his playing days in Germany.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If Michael F'ing Bradley wants you to see him on the bench (even though he's up in the press box), you'll see him on the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure why but Stalteri has been in that box for both home games so far.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    So coming into this match, we've played the current 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th place teams (all sitting with 10pts), as well as DCU with a respectable 7pts. Dallas sits 1st.

What a way to open the year.
    I agree, a positive start to this season. A point or three more could have happened, but hey it is still very early in the season, 29 to go.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dallas is coming of a disappointing loss to Seattle where they gave up the last two goals, one being an own goal. The house of cards in Texas will continue to fall as the Reds regroup and welcome back key pieces. 1-0 TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope Defoe and Oso are good to go. Dallas is going to come out flying after their home loss on Saturday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Not sure why but Stalteri has been in that box for both home games so far.
    I won't be surprised if Stalteri ends up at TFCA somewhere. Believe he's also helping canada at u15 level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope Hagglund plays.