Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redisthenewblk View Post
    Showing my ignorance here a bit, but could someone fill me in on what went down with Columbus?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They shouldn't have any trophy just for rival games, or to make it seem more like a rival, wish they would get rid of those in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    I was at this game, and a Montreal away game the following year. From what I remember there was a lot more punches thrown in Montreal. With no police or security once we were all outside of the stadium to stop it, Montreal supporters were looking for a fight, in the end a few people got hurt, some people ran away, it didn't last to long. I think the Montreal boys were just to young, half of them must of been 15. But anyways good times I tell ya, lol
    Last edited by james; 04-12-2014 at 01:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    I think most TFC fans don't really regard them any more or less than other Eastern conference clubs - and that's coming from a guy who's been on that roadtrip three times now.
    You may be right about this however the lot of TFC faithful still have more of an edge towards Clown-bus than most other teams in the east. I just think you had to be there and experience the event and all the negative banter on this forum and BigSoccer back and fourth that fueled the hatred between us. Things were very heated and very negative over the forums and it was actually a lot of fun (as well as immature )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't "create" a rivalry by just making a cup. Rivalry isn't a simple idea. Even in the UK and Italy, where rivalries are common, it isn't always the obvious teams who are rivals (ie "local derby games"). South American countries its the same. Organic rivalry develops over years and years in football culture.

Here's a nice little read and some great stats about English rivalries. I love reading through the nicknames listed. (of course, it fails to say that Swindon people are called moonrakers cos they are so f-ing stupid, haha!):

http://www.footballfanscensus.com/is...ed_Results.pdf

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Not THAT is a very interesting read. Thanks for the link, T-boy!
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.