Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    But the problem is that most of our players aren't used to playing in cold as well. Just imagine how would Guevara react when we play in the cold? He will prolly start complaining about the weather and demand a trade. lol

But neither were ours. And it was bitterly cold, like 10 below zero F. The difference is your players will (hopefully) train in the weeks prior to the game. And Guevara has played in the cold before in New York.

Here is an article about that game from a Jamaican newspaper:
    http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport..._FLASHBACK.asp

And photos:

You have good fans,who know how to dress warm, they're Canadian after all....So just play in the cold. BMO Field is YOUR house. You play there. If you want to move your vital Champions League game to some place more friendly to the opposition in terms of climate and hostility, like a 60,000 seat stadium where you may get out chanted then you're mad.
    Last edited by footyfan; 05-16-2008 at 01:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, I think its pretty hypocritical to say you want to see the game at the TedDome, even if its just one game. BMO Field is our house.....yes its a tin can, but its OUR tin can, OUR TEAM'S tin can, and sun, rain, sleet, hail, or a fucking blizzard, that is where we play.
    If they can play in Milan and Torino during the winter (which I know isn't as cold but basically across the same parallel) they why not here? It's a one-off game, and probably won't be as cold the next game, should they advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by footyfan View Post
    oh ffs no!

Don't do what New England did one year when they made the Champions Cup. They played their "home" leg, in Bermuda!

What's the problem with taking the bubble off for the game?

You're in Canada,it's February, let the cold be your home field advantage against some Carribbean or Central American team. I will never forget a snowy game against this islander team that didn't even have cold weather gear when they came to play United. I think it ended 5-0 in our favor.
    Agreed!! Look at Pachuca's Altitude!! Its a massive difference!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not BMO? Geez...The Packers can play thru January and you never see an empty seat.

Suck it up people.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More fans could go to the Dome, that would be great.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC+Argos4Life View Post
    WHAT!?!?!?!? The soccer team wants to come into the ARGOS house!?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?! This was built for CANADIAN FOOTBALL, GET LOST TFC, GO BUILD YOUR OWN DOME!!!!

/endsarcasm

See how ridiculous it sounds?
    Agreed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    More fans could go to the Dome, that would be great.
    Based on my experience at the Celtic - AS Roma match at Skydome a few years ago, I believe Rogers Centre would be a great alternative if necessary during the winter months. First off, real grass would be installed on a temporary basis to accomodate a soccer pitch as has been the case for every international friendly staged at the Dome in the past. In addition, I tend to think that 30,000-40,000 TFC fans would transform that morgue into a larger version of BMO Field...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    ... in fact, if the sky's sunny and blue that'll probably just mean it's colder.
    Though these are mid-week games, so presumably in the evening ... I just can't imagine how cold that could be on a windy winter night. And imagine I will, as I watch it on TV.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont they reschedule games in the UK because of frozen pitches? I wonder what the field turf would be like if it was frozen, or if they would heat it somehow...