Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I guess if we make the CONCACAF Champions League....

...the team will have to play in the bubble?:

24-26 February: Quarterfinal, Game 1

http://concacaf.com/view_article.aspx?id=4171

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this bubble?

Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah we would def. have to play at the sky dome. Thats right, i called it the skydome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHAT!?!?!?!? The soccer team wants to come into the ARGOS house!?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?! This was built for CANADIAN FOOTBALL, GET LOST TFC, GO BUILD YOUR OWN DOME!!!!

/endsarcasm

See how ridiculous it sounds?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC+Argos4Life View Post
    WHAT!?!?!?!? The soccer team wants to come into the ARGOS house!?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?! This was built for CANADIAN FOOTBALL, GET LOST TFC, GO BUILD YOUR OWN DOME!!!!

/endsarcasm

Actually it was built for the BlueJays.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fiin View Post
    true say.. argos get out of there too find your own home

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

/endsarcasm

No it doesn't sound ridiculous at all. TedDome won't have to be altered for TFC, no construction will take place, no seats will be permanently moved, the game will not interfere with the Argos' schedule, and no "gameday experience" will be ruined...if anything, some actual cheering may be done in there. Your post does not make sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurignano View Post
    yeah we would def. have to play at the sky dome. Thats right, i called it the skydome.
    What else would it be called?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either the dome or we might get screwed and have to play at a 'neutral' venue.
    Proud Supporter of: FC Bayern München, AIK Solna, Toronto FC, Nottingham Forest FC

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, looking at the numbers for Montreal away it looks like we will have work ahead to fill the Dome for the Champs league. As much as I think its a atmo-vacuum I'll be there to take it on...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In an earlier post somewhere mlsintoronto or bmofield said that they would take down the bubble at BMO for this.

olegunnar

/endsarcasm

I think your beef is against the motorcross, monster trucks, spring flig, disney on ice, blue jays, buffalo bills, stars of asia tour, golden oldies, the unforgettable tour, Leo Ku, Flo Rida. Those events are scheduled this summer. That's not to mention you can rent the skydome for movies, conferences, private events, family events etc. etc. It's a multi use facility, you can't have a beef about who uses it.

By contrast, our soccer specific stadium has TFC games(soccer), the Canada Cup(soccer) and various soccer friendlies (Brazil vs Krakow for example).

Note the diffference: Skydome multi use <> BMO Soccer Specific

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really have sympathy for the players but I would Luv it if they played at BMO anyway. Buy a TFC winter coat, maybe they'd sell Irish Coffee. I mean, Anybody watch that Canada game v Estonia? The snow...

Does the snow damage the turf? Just wonder why it;s winterized.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Well, looking at the numbers for Montreal away it looks like we will have work ahead to fill the Dome for the Champs league. As much as I think its a atmo-vacuum I'll be there to take it on...
    I don't think you can assume just because people don't want or can't make a mid week road trip that they are uninterested in the Champs League.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope you're right! I hope to see you there and we can bounce our voices around the Dome!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea of the dome for a February game, the lower bowl of it is just over 31,000 seats, so the season ticket holders could be assigned there seats, be offered the option to purchase more, every halfseason and Marlies pack people would be offered tickets and you could really make it an event to showcase the team to the entire city. The entire 500 level could be like $10 seat.

On a sidenote I am a little surprised that this has never been done for a Galaxy game, look at the crowds that teams like RBNY get for their games against them, I am sure 50,000 people to see the Reds plus Becks would not be out of the question.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All i wanna know is how much are the tickets to Japan gonna Run?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Glory_Hunter View Post
    In an earlier post somewhere mlsintoronto or bmofield said that they would take down the bubble at BMO for this.
    Exactly. Paul answered this directly and promised the game would be played outside at BMO Field with no bubble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olegunner View Post
    I think your beef is against the motorcross, monster trucks, spring flig, disney on ice, blue jays, buffalo bills, stars of asia tour, golden oldies, the unforgettable tour, Leo Ku, Flo Rida. Those events are scheduled this summer. That's not to mention you can rent the skydome for movies, conferences, private events, family events etc. etc. It's a multi use facility, you can't have a beef about who uses it.

By contrast, our soccer specific stadium has TFC games(soccer), the Canada Cup(soccer) and various soccer friendlies (Brazil vs Krakow for example).

Note the diffference: Skydome multi use <> BMO Soccer Specific
    Oh and a Genesis concert

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Exactly. Paul answered this directly and promised the game would be played outside at BMO Field with no bubble.
    Nice in theory, but on Feb. 24, snow might not be the only issue; in fact, if the sky's sunny and blue that'll probably just mean it's colder. Either way, there's no way trhey're going to play outdoors in subzero weather.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fiin View Post
    Actually it was built for both teams and concerts. In fact, the Argonauts played there a few months before the Jays did if I remember correctly.

Also, concerts were supposed to be a mainstay of the facility as well, but the acoustics were soundly (no pun intended) criticised by many performers in the first year and now you'd be hard pressed to find bands wanting to play there.

As for the subject at hand, I'm pretty sure MLSE would want to hold as many matches at BMO Field as possible. Even if that includes having to use a yellow ball.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Blue Jays first game was on June 5, 1989 vs. the Brewers while the Argos first pre-season game that season at the Skydome was June 29.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ACSertL View Post
    Either the dome or we might get screwed and have to play at a 'neutral' venue.
    oh ffs no!

Don't do what New England did one year when they made the Champions Cup. They played their "home" leg, in Bermuda!

What's the problem with taking the bubble off for the game?

You're in Canada,it's February, let the cold be your home field advantage against some Carribbean or Central American team. I will never forget a snowy game against this islander team that didn't even have cold weather gear when they came to play United. I think it ended 5-0 in our favor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Not saying you're lying, but I think Paul may have been having a bit of fun there.

Playing a game at BMO in Feb. would be the stupidest thing they could ever do -- even worse then sharing BMO with the Argos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by footyfan View Post
    oh ffs no!

Don't do what New England did one year when they made the Champions Cup. They played their "home" leg, in Bermuda!

What's the problem with taking the bubble off for the game?

You're in Canada,it's February, let the cold be your home field advantage against some Carribbean or Central American team. I will never forget a snowy game against this islander team that didn't even have cold weather gear when they came to play United. I think it ended 5-0 in our favor.
    But the problem is that most of our players aren't used to playing in cold as well. Just imagine how would Guevara react when we play in the cold? He will prolly start complaining about the weather and demand a trade. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ that must be why the government wants to annex the Turks and Caicos, so we can play national and club games there in the winter!
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    I like the idea of the dome for a February game, the lower bowl of it is just over 31,000 seats, so the season ticket holders could be assigned there seats, be offered the option to purchase more, every halfseason and Marlies pack people would be offered tickets and you could really make it an event to showcase the team to the entire city. The entire 500 level could be like $10 seat.

On a sidenote I am a little surprised that this has never been done for a Galaxy game, look at the crowds that teams like RBNY get for their games against them, I am sure 50,000 people to see the Reds plus Becks would not be out of the question.
    I would be pumped to watch the soccer game at the dome..even from the 500 level if the tickets we $10...I think we could bring the atmosphere....

BUt the reason they don't use the dome for TFC games vs the Galaxy is because they are shit and Beckham never plays anyways.....the reasons they Redbulls game is not also played is because they are also SHITE....and the atmosphere at BMO is too good to pass up on. '

Just my 2cents

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf88 View Post
    ^ that must be why the government wants to annex the Turks and Caicos, so we can play national and club games there in the winter!
    That would be sweet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post

No, BMO Field is our house, that is where we play. We need expansion to 30000 at BMO, we don't need to play in the TedDome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO I wouldnt mind the skydome if we could PACK The house! I dont care what many of you say but if we could some how, some way get 60 k fans to the game, i think it would be quite amazing.