Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/mls/story/?id=450301

Hall is out for a long time. Need a DM cover ASAP
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post

You know what I really like that article... I mean we are lacking a little depth up front, but given how bad it was last season that is understandable.. but if we have had 20 different players on the pitch this year while missing the main adjusted goal scorer, that is pretty good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post

That's not necessarily a bad thing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets start the Joey Barton rumours again. I'm sure 'arry could use some more pocket change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone see any status updates on Rey?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like everyone except for hall could be available this weekend including Dero, Rey, and Henry... Defoe and Bradley are going to be available.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Sounds like everyone except for hall could be available this weekend including Dero, Rey, and Henry... Defoe and Bradley are going to be available.
    We have all chatted about depth.

Aside from Bradley and Defoe, I'm not certain that any of the other injured guys takes a starting spot. I'd prefer Orr in for Henry, Jackson and Issey in for DeRo and Rey….

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree...but I rather have REY instead of ISSEY in the starting lineup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    We have all chatted about depth.

Aside from Bradley and Defoe, I'm not certain that any of the other injured guys takes a starting spot. I'd prefer Orr in for Henry, Jackson and Issey in for DeRo and Rey….
    I sincerely disagree... Rey IMO is our best winger even though he is streaky. Henry has been good this year but i could see an argument about having Orr over Henry but that would not be my choice. Dero is valuable to our team as a 3rd striker because if not we have Weedman coming off the bench as a late game sub when looking for a goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    I sincerely disagree... Rey IMO is our best winger even though he is streaky.
    Agreed, against Dallas we could not get the ball forward through the midfield and started resorting to hoofing it up. Rey can take the ball up the wing, dick around while three players make missed tackles, then distribute once the rest of the team catches up to the play. Someone who can hold the ball in the midfield when an option isn't immediately available is incredibly valuable, and he's been missed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hulkrogan View Post
    Agreed, against Dallas we could not get the ball forward through the midfield and started resorting to hoofing it up. Rey can take the ball up the wing, dick around while three players make missed tackles, then distribute once the rest of the team catches up to the play. Someone who can hold the ball in the midfield when an option isn't immediately available is incredibly valuable, and he's been missed.
    The biggest issue with all of these injuries, to me, isn't even how it affects our lineup on Sunday, it's how it leaves us without guys training together, and developing cohesiveness. Puts us behind the curve and reliant on stars like Bradley and Defoe to pull something out of a hat.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    The biggest issue with all of these injuries, to me, isn't even how it affects our lineup on Sunday, it's how it leaves us without guys training together, and developing cohesiveness. Puts us behind the curve and reliant on stars like Bradley and Defoe to pull something out of a hat.
    Going to take until the middle of September to get there, realistically.

You can see it in the D line. Caldwell works with Bloom for a few weeks last season and now works with Morrow for most of this season - those 3 are tight. Caldwell and Henry have a good understanding, and Caldwell and Orr are getting there too Its the best unit on our team.

The top 7 need to play together for a couple of months and understanding will come.

I'm seriously looking forward to 2016 when we've had years of working together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as Orr has been pretty soild since getting soild time during injuries Henry brings too much to keep him out of the starting XI if he's 100%.

Henry is so good in the air with his height and is probably our best set piece defender all around. We lack height in set peices Henry brings that. And the games he has played before the injury he really showed that he's not giving up the one bad mistake per game anymore. He was really jelling with Caldwell in the middle. If like them to continue to work together.

It's nice that Orr can slot in. He really didn't show well in his first few outings counting the preseason but he's really showed his quality lately.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Note how Defoe indicates he probably didn't rest enough and now is stronger then he was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Note how Defoe indicates he probably didn't rest enough and now is stronger then he was.

I believe, and it was probably additionally tied into his thoughts towards the World Cup, but i do think he/and they were taking the time at the beginning of the season to be sure he recovered - which he has. so good on them...now let's go out and win the home stretch......

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Despite him being "100%" and the injury "not too serious" they still need to manage his minutes.

It was the 3rd hamstring injury in about a 4 month span. This one took him out for a month. As pointed out on page 1, min recovery time for a "tweak" is 2-4 weeks.

All good comments for public consumption but privately they need to be cautious.

All that said, looking forward to seeing him play.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the problem this season with Defoe (and probably Bradley too) is that they have been playing (or at least training) at in-season level since August last year. Their bodies have already played a whole season. That's going to really increase the chances of stress and fatigue muscle injuries. Both players both need an off season to rest, and they aren't going to get that rest until November!

Let's say that both players go to the World Cup - that means they are going to continue intensive training and not even get a mid-season couple of week break - that's going to be hard, especially on Defoe. Selfishly we need Defoe not to go to Brazil and have a long rest. But Bradley is going to burn out this season at some point without any rest at all.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ that is why they didn't let Bradley train much in pre season. I know they are thinking about this, wether or not it works out is out of our hands.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any word on Oso? I hope his injury from Saturday is short lived.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Any word on Oso? I hope his injury from Saturday is short lived.
    Larson tweeted something about on one crutch after the game, hurt like hell, dead leg, charley horse....so who knows.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quadricep contusion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    I agree...but I rather have REY instead of ISSEY in the starting lineup.
    Any particular reason?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Any particular reason?
    Rey puts in a better cross and takes defenders better 1v1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alvaro Rey....has the skill of a world class player but the brain of a goldfish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LFC8 View Post
    World Cla....

Gah, forget it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^They're 2 exaggerations

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by LFC8 View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    Rey puts in a better cross and takes defenders better 1v1

I don't think he has completed a pass...never mind a cross. He is half the player Plata was...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

too many trolls on this site these days...what do u want from a 200k player,you guys can never say anything good about anybody.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    too many trolls on this site these days...what do u want from a 200k player,you guys can never say anything good about anybody.
    Isn't that the truth. So many judge this team as if the majority of their roster made over 200K each... For all the good posters on here, the most vocal ones act as if this club is Manchester United and we should have Pep as our Manager. Absolute nonsense.