Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoyed the article about the groundskeeper. Hopefully they can get that pitch in top shape over the next couple of games.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting articles indeed, about the groundskeeper! They've been gradually warming up the pitch since January; been using a grow tarp since mid-February. They can't use a heavier winter tarp due to the risk of mold & fungus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn no news again today

Ok so I just watched the TFC TV interviews....who the hell is this woman reporter this year that has a "hard on" for Michael Bradley? She is there all the time now with the same Bradley suck up questions/comments. She even turns other player interviews into them talking about Michael Bradley. What is her deal? He has been a great player for us so far but enough is enough already. I feel sorry for Bradley standing there answering the same shit over and over too. Sometimes these interviews can be quite annoying. Ok rant over...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Damn no news again today

Ok so I just watched the TFC TV interviews....who the hell is this woman reporter this year that has a "hard on" for Michael Bradley? She is there all the time now with the same Bradley suck up questions/comments....
    I believe she is from CHCH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who the hell is this woman reporter this year that has a "hard on" for Michael Bradley?
    Give her a break - after watching the first two matches, I have a 'hard on' for Michael Bradley right now! lol
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.who the hell is this woman reporter this year that has a "hard on" for Michael Bradley? She is there all the time now with the same Bradley suck up questions/comments. She even turns other player interviews into them talking about Michael Bradley.
    I wouldn't be surprised if she's American. People in Toronto have a hard time understanding how important he is to the US Men's National Team, or what a star he is in US Soccer. For us, Defoe is the bigger star, but in the US it's reversed.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if she's American. People in Toronto have a hard time understanding how important he is to the US Men's National Team, or what a star he is in US Soccer. For us, Defoe is the bigger star, but in the US it's reversed.
    I don't think she's American as she keeps referring and relating to gritty Toronto Maple Leaf stars and TO being a hockey town.

My take is TFC is generating interest and a broader media is showing up - not a bad thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn no news again today

Ok so I just watched the TFC TV interviews....who the hell is this woman reporter this year that has a "hard on" for Michael Bradley? She is there all the time now with the same Bradley suck up questions/comments. She even turns other player interviews into them talking about Michael Bradley. What is her deal? He has been a great player for us so far but enough is enough already. I feel sorry for Bradley standing there answering the same shit over and over too. Sometimes these interviews can be quite annoying. Ok rant over...
    Do you mean Sheri Forde from TSN? She was asking him a lot of questions in the media scrum yesterday at practice.

John

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnmolinaro View Post
    Do you mean Sheri Forde from TSN? She was asking him a lot of questions in the media scrum yesterday at practice.

John
    Yeah probably....I thought I saw the TSN mic moving while the questions were being asked. I don't mean any disrespect to her really. Just that she seemed to have only one agenda in the questions and it was kind of annoying me because if I go back to other days of interviewing I am pretty sure I remember her asking almost the same thing. I just question why a reporter would go on about the same thing so much when there is more to ask...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down "Bemoans" . . .

We too liked the story on the difficulties getting the grass in good shape this time of year.

However, we were not thrilled to hear RN with the "bemoans". We heard enough of that last year.
    J&M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our groundskeeper referenced Caddyshack. He has my full respect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah probably....I thought I saw the TSN mic moving while the questions were being asked. I don't mean any disrespect to her really. Just that she seemed to have only one agenda in the questions and it was kind of annoying me because if I go back to other days of interviewing I am pretty sure I remember her asking almost the same thing. I just question why a reporter would go on about the same thing so much when there is more to ask...
    Well I can't speak on her behalf, but I'm guessing she was working on a feature story on Bradley. If that was the case, it make sense that a lot of her questions would be focused on Bradley.

John

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnmolinaro View Post
    Well I can't speak on her behalf, but I'm guessing she was working on a feature story on Bradley. If that was the case, it make sense that a lot of her questions would be focused on Bradley.

John
    I hear ya. Thanks for the info. Probably something like that. If she is still asking those questions over the next week or two I may have to rant again though.,.