Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Brek Shea to return on loan to MLS...possibly TFC

I have it on very good authority that Shea will be once again loaned out by Stoke (he was recently on loan to but sent back by Barnsley after an incident with a fan while away).
    There are two teams on the list of possible targets and TFC is one of them...surprisingly FCD is not the other.
    Can't and won't reveal my source, but it's solid info.
    Part of me thinks good as it adds some depth in the midfield.
    Part of me thinks well, it's Brek Shea so...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of people will be very pissed if TFC signs him on loan, it's another circumvention of the salary cap. I doubt MLS lets it happen. Let him go to the other team, we'll be fine without him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    A lot of people will be very pissed if TFC signs him on loan, it's another circumvention of the salary cap. I doubt MLS lets it happen. Let him go to the other team, we'll be fine without him.
    Why can't we have nice things? We also need wing depth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck em. Let them think of us like LAG. In the words of the great philosopher Dave Chappelle HATE HATE HATE HATE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we do have a Julio who is on 90K a week at QPR. This would be just bonkers, in a good way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stugatzo View Post
    I have it on very good authority that Shea will be once again loaned out by Stoke (he was recently on loan to but sent back by Barnsley after an incident with a fan while away).
    There are two teams on the list of possible targets and TFC is one of them...surprisingly FCD is not the other.
    Can't and won't reveal my source, but it's solid info.
    Part of me thinks good as it adds some depth in the midfield.
    I would totally love to have Shea. That would put Jackson and Issey as back-up mids. Does he have to go through allocation? Since we are atop of the list I guess it doesn't matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will take him in a heartbeat. I always like his game even though he comes off bit of douchebag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza_55 View Post
    I would totally love to have Shea. That would put Jackson and Issey as back-up mids. Does he have to go through allocation? Since we are atop of the list I guess it doesn't matter.
    Shea can also play bit up front (as a striker) as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    Fuck em. Let them think of us like LAG. In the words of the great philosopher Dave Chappelle HATE HATE HATE HATE
    I am with you 100% I don't really give a Fuck what everyone else in the league thinks,

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    Fuck LAG, I want to be Real Madrid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brek Shea will have to come back through the allocation order...TFC is first on that list; so they get first say...pretty simple

Quote Originally Posted by Stugatzo View Post
    if we hadn't traded for richard mulrooney, we would have drafted him

----

this all being said, i forget who said this, but according to nelsen/bez/leiweke they have some surprise names interested in joining TFC
    Last edited by prizby; 03-23-2014 at 07:28 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'd take him. Screw what the rest of mls may think. We've done our time. When franchises like columbus, dallas, and maybe san jose can sell out, maybe i'll care about any perceived unfairness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    Gotta walk before we can run. Besides, till the cap gets removed we can't compete with the big boys. Once the cap is gone though... MLSE spends what, 170 million a year on the Leafs/Raptors salaries? Why couldn't we field a team with a 60-70 million dollar a year payroll?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    I will take him in a heartbeat. I always like his game even though he comes off bit of douchebag
    This is exactly what I was thinking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    fuck Real Madrid...Barcelona (17 out of 25 first-team players came through their academy)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC is currently ranked 1st in the MLS allocation order. Fuck what a lot of people think. If our team has a chance to improve the roster by adding a player of Shea's calibre without absorbing an egregious cap hit, then so be it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Why can't we have nice things? We also need wing depth.
    THIS,so YES bring him !!
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cesar, Bradley, Shea, Gilberto, Defoe . If we can't win the league with that core, I don't know what it would take.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any mention how long the loan would be for? Is it worth using up our spot on the allocation list for a guy who might only be here up to the WC break?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no one likes us, we don't care.

sign the bastard for the bare minimum and throw your nose up at the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You kidding me right now. Shea would be as steal, Love the guy. Injuries have ruined his physical dominance, but hes still a sold winger. I think he should have been moved to left back what whatever. Jackson and Rey both like the right side best anyways. Shea would put us over the top.

Make this come true please.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally wouldn't use our number one allocation spot for Shea, as I think that would be worth hanging onto until we get a permanent signing wortwhile. However, I'd take Shea in loan, he would be a great addition for this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I personally wouldn't use our number one allocation spot for Shea, as I think that would be worth hanging onto until we get a permanent signing wortwhile. However, I'd take Shea in loan, he would be a great addition for this season.
    This season is probably the most important for the franchise. It's go ahead or go home in my opinion. It's a temporary solution however we won't luck out due to acquisitions. We have 4 no. 1 draft picks next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely dreadful at Stoke. And on loan he's been a total disgrace. Even gave the middle finger to his own supporters (Barnsley) after they shit the bed. He's been an absolute classless, useless disaster over there.

I can't wait to see this immature douchebag flip the Southend off. That'll go over well.

Please, no.
    Last edited by Brooker; 03-23-2014 at 10:33 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Absolutely dreadful at Stoke. And on loan he's been a total disgrace. Even gave the middle finger to his own supporters (while on loan to Barnsley) after they shit the bed. He's been an absolute classless, useless disaster over there.

I can't wait to see this immature douchebag flip the Southend off. That'll go over well.

Please, no.
    Shea actually had some good match reports early with Barnsley. He then got injured. Barnsley have been a disaster lately, and it wasn't just Shea who got into a bit of a to-do with their supporters. As far as being with Stoke, Shea was signed by Pulis, who then left shortly after and was repalced by Hughes, and Hughes hasn't used him at all.

In any case, we are talking about bring back to the MLS, not playing for a competative Premiership team, in which case, Shea has more than enough talent to be very successful back in the MLS right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want somebody like that playing for Toronto FC. I'd sooner ask for Carlos Ruiz back. Even he wasn't that classless.

He's been a disaster at Stoke, he's been a disaster at Barnsley, people were wondering if he'd ever played football before. He was like a headless chicken.

Maybe he can recapture his form in MLS, but I wouldn't want somebody like him representing us.
    Last edited by Brooker; 03-23-2014 at 10:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We really don't know what happened in the altercation. It started with him restraining another player who tried to get into it with a fan first. what happened after that we don't know. Say, if he had been trying to flip off the individual fan who was egging on his teammate to come fight him, would you still call him all those names? It's just as likely that is what happened.

anyway, I personally don't think a personality like him would undermine the team at all. what's been very obvious from the first few games is that Nelsen has complete control over his squad and tons of experienced players who lead by example. and honestly, our best players are better than the best guys he would have been playing with at stoke so I don't think he'd view it as such a step backwards that he'd take the league for granted.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll just leave this here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    and honestly, our best players are better than the best guys he would have been playing with at stoke so I don't think he'd view it as such a step backwards that he'd take the league for granted.
    I wish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Holy shit....
    Really? you wouldn't take Bradley, Defoe and Cesar over Begovic, Cameron and Jonathon Walters? Because those three dudes led the team Shea signed for in 2013 in appearances.
    Honestly that says more about Stoke than it says about us

Disclaimer: I'M ALSO IN NO WAY SAYING WE ARE A BETTER TEAM THAN STOKE