Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

David Rowaan@soccercanada58 minsSo that Brek Shea thing. It might actually have legs...

Hmm. Another angle which I don't think has been disscused is that Mark Hughes is Sheas boss at Stoke. The same Mark Hughes that managed Nelsen at Blackburn and signed him for QPR. Smells like a favour!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shea was a very good player in the MLS. Don't like his attitude, but he would be a quality addition on the pitch.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

RE: His Attitude.

This city has dealt with MLS dicks in the past - Ruiz, Guevara come to mind.
    This isn't a backwater soccer city where guys can do as they please without any repercussions. These guys will be under a microscope and scrutiny will come hard and fast on them. A lot of players in different sports crack under the pressure this city has to offer. I don't see his attitude being a big issue. I don't see Nelson tolerating it either.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apart from the finger at the crowd, what are his attitude issues?

BTW, they'll all be getting a friendly reminder about drinking and driving right now. And the Leafs are about to get blown up over a lack of character. TFC seems to be the sane team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Link?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Apart from the finger at the crowd, what are his attitude issues?

BTW, they'll all be getting a friendly reminder about drinking and driving right now. And the Leafs are about to get blown up over a lack of character. TFC seems to be the sane team.
    far as i know thats it, people making much a do about nothing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    I have to figure that being in the same locker room as Defoe, Bradley and Cesar would put a damper on his dickishness.

Because, well, you know. Defoe can walk up to him and say 'hey, I'm Jermaine Fucking Defoe, and I'm not a cunt about being awesome, what gives you the idea you are better than anyone here you cunt?'
    I hear what your are saying Sky, but we cannot leave it up to Defoe, Bradley or Cesar to sort it out...

I know I come at this different from many folk on the boards... I start with values and work from there... but what the hey... tell me where I am wrong, or where I'm right... Let 'er rip!

We want a team who can hold their head up high - win or lose, they gave their best. We like the lunch box kinda guy, but really value talent, touch, game intelligence. We want stand up guys - guys who are for the team - all for one... Guys we can cheer for, not apologize for...; (eg. having to apologize for ball smacker dimpsie - what a fuckin embarrassment - winning the cup by having that dick on the team? NO WAY!!) I am serious when I say I would rather lose the cup than have that fucking asshole Dimpsie on our team... he is a complete fuckin embarrassment. Does anyone want to get up close with a guy who thinks it is OK to whack a guy in the balls during a game?? Not me, thank you very much - I have had a good enough look at the kinda guy you are.... I want nothing to do with that looooser - full stop.

In management we want straight shooters, stand up guys - a bit of polish and politics is OK but don't fuck with the truth, reality, or the destiny of the team. We have a ton of experience with crooked shooters like Anselmi, Bierne, Cochrane, Mo + Mariner... thank goodness TimTim have delivered, so far!

Brek Shea?? I dunno. Some talent? No doubt - what-so-ever. What WE want is a great... team... to be built. If Shea is any sort of loose cannon, wacky wheel, lone wolf, sociopath or general fuck up like we have seen a thousand times before (Cunty and Mista come to mind, with Hassli's wife entering as a solid third place) then we should say: No. Fuck No. Run as fast as you can NO!!!

Tim, Tim and Nellie are creating a FUCKING WINNING TEAM - head cases, assholes and Rob Ford need not apply... you DO NOT IGNORE the fact that somebody is an asshole or an asswipe. Have you ever worked with these types of people?? If so, you would know THEY ARE POISON, TOXIC, THEY WILL KILL YOU. THEY WILL KILL YOUR TEAM. THEY WILL KILL YOUR MISSION and YOUR TEAM. THEY WILL SUCK YOUR MARROW DRY. Do not be arrogant enough to think that assholes are controllable or can be transformed into valuable assets - this is complete fantasy - a pipe dream... If Nellie's sense is, or even has a sniff that this guy could be an asshole, then his NUMBER ONE JOB is to keep that asshole out of his locker room, at all costs. FUCK TIM and TIM, Nellie is dead if an asshole sneaks into the locker room. To entertain the idea that having an asshole on our team is controllable or maintainable is both naive and disastrous. I dunno if Nellie has enough experience to know this... the desire for talent can blind people (including supporters!). If Brek is just a little WEIRD, that's OK, if Nellie thinks he can handle that kinda weird... ok - go for it.

Instinctively, I don't get the warm fuzzies on Brekkie, but the detractors have not really made much of a case... I could give the finger to the the crowd and still be a huge asset to the locker room and the team. Is this guy toxic or just a bit eccentric?? What's the scoop here?? Let's figure it out - lets dissect Brek Shea? Asshole? Eccentric? A drag on the locker room? The issue is really character and ethics, not talent.... Everyone is watching how we do the autopsy on Brek Shea... Hurry up guys, Tim + Tim might sign this guy.... at that point we may be fucked...

Jeez - 50 minutes no reply - WTF - this could be a critical issue - I see faster responses to how to steal a TSN feed on game day...
    Last edited by tiberius; 04-10-2014 at 09:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand where the bad attitude thing came from in regards to Shea...

Is it becuase of his hair cut?
    Becuase he flipped off some fans in the UK?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jpexxx View Post

Haircut, Tats, Orientation and a tich of attitude should not really be an issue - flippin the bird... maybe... can we get some of our heavyweight veterans to weigh in????? Come on guys YES or NO on Brekkie?? FYR, Super, Yohan, OT, Ajax, Shakes, Phil, BuSa, Pookie, Orgasm, DOMIN8R, Jeffro and everyone else... what are your thoughts / vote?
    Last edited by tiberius; 04-10-2014 at 10:03 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to figure that being in the same locker room as Defoe, Bradley and Cesar would put a damper on his dickishness.

Because, well, you know. Defoe can walk up to him and say 'hey, I'm Jermaine Fucking Defoe, and I'm not a cunt about being awesome, what gives you the idea you are better than anyone here you cunt?'
    Not sure why I got a double post on this one...

I hear what your are saying, but we cannot leave it up to Defoe, Bradley or Cesar to sort it out...

I know I come at this different from many folk on the boards... I start with values and work from there... but what the hey... tell me where I am wrong, or where am right... Let 'er rip!

We want a team who can hold their head up high - win or lose they gave their best. We like the lunch box kinda guy, but really value talent, touch, game intelligence. We want stand up guys - guys who are for the team - all for one... Guys we can cheer for, not apologize for...; (eg. having to apologize for ball smacker dimpsie - what a fuckin embarrassment - winning the cup by having that dick on the team? NO WAY!!) In management we want straight shooters, stand up guys - a bit bit of polish and politics is OK but don't fuck with the truth, reality, or the destiny of the team.

Brek Shea?? I dunno. Some talent? No doubt - what-so-ever. What WE want is a great... team... to be built. If Shea is any sort of loose cannon, wacky wheel, lone wolf, sociopath or general fuck up like we have seen a thousand times before (Cunty and Mista come to mind, with Hassli'S wife entering as a solid third place) then we should say: No. Fuck No. Run as fast as you can NO!!!

Tim, Tim and Nellie are creating a FUCKING WINNING TEAM - head cases and assholes need not apply... you DO NOT IGNORE the fact that somebody is an asshole or an asswipe. Have you ever worked with these types of people?? If so, you would know THEY ARE POISON, TOXIC, THEY WILL KILL YOU. THEY WILL KILL YOUR TEAM. THEY WILL KILL YOUR MISSION and YOUR TEAM. If Nellie's sense is, or even has a sniff that this guy could be an asshole, then his NUMBER ONE JOB is to keep that asshole out of his locker room. FUCK TIM and TIM, Nellie is dead if an asshole sneaks into the locker room. To entertain the idea that having an asshole on the team is controllable or maintainable is both naive and disastrous. I dunno if Nellie has enough experience to know this... the desire for talent can blind people (including supporters!). If Brek is just a little WEIRD, that's OK, if Nellie thinks he can handle that kinda weird... ok - go for it.

I don't get the warm fuzzies on Brekkie, but the detractors have not really made much of a case... Is this guy toxic or just a bit eccentric?? What's the scoop here?? Let's figure it out - lets dissect Brek Shea? Asshole? Eccentric? A drag on the locker room? Everyone is watching how we do the autopsy on Brek Shea...
    Last edited by tiberius; 04-10-2014 at 09:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've worked with my share. A lot of high performance environments just thrive with them. Yes, some places have a no-assholes policy but I've seen it go both ways. We had the nicest lockerroom ever in year one. Really great, stand-up people. But those guys sucked on the field, just terribly. I think our need to feel nice people succeed while jerks fail really puts rose coloured glasses on the reality of it, which is competitive A-type people aren't always very nice.

Let's remember a lot of this is our perception or the perception of the media as well. People said Nick Garcia was Mo Johnston's mole, he wasn't and he was relatively well liked in the room. People said Guevara was a cancer, he left here as a model citizen. Of the players Nelsen's had around he's been a pretty good evaluator of talent. I'll trust they know what they're in for if he comes in.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 04-10-2014 at 09:32 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I've worked with my share. A lot of high performance environments just thrive with them. Yes, some places have a no-assholes policy but I've seen it go both ways. We had the nicest lockerroom ever in year one. Really great, stand-up people. But those guys sucked on the field, just terribly. I think our need to feel nice people succeed while jerks fail really puts rose coloured glasses on the reality of it, which is competitive A-type people aren't always very nice.

Let's remember a lot of this is our perception or the perception of the media as well. People said Nick Garcia was Mo Johnston's mole, he wasn't and he was relatively well liked in the room. People said Guevara was a cancer, he left here as a model citizen. Of the players Nelsen's had around he's been a pretty good evaluator of talent. I'll trust they know what they're in for if he comes in.
    I hear what you are saying - nice guys can easily finish last. I don't see that here - we have a good nucleus of non-assholes. You move forward from here, (thinking no assholes allowed) and you could get a great team. To say, we can still accommodate assholes really puts at risk our current set of players IMHO... I have some trust that TimTimNellie know what they are doing, but I also have a feeling they peruse our boards for info and intelligence. Do we have any intelligence??? ( not meaning that in a bad way, of course ;-)
    Last edited by tiberius; 04-10-2014 at 09:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
    Haircut, Tats, Orientation and a tich of attitude should not really be an issue - flippin the bird... maybe... can we get some of our heavyweight veterans to weigh in????? Come on guys YES or NO on Brekkie?? FYR, Super, Yohan, OT, Ajax, Shakes, Phil, BuSa, Pookie, Orgasm, DOMIN8R, Jeffro and everyone else... what are your thoughts / vote?
    Oh man someone had one t

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
    Oh man someone had one too many RedBulls lol.

To me I agree headcases need not apply. But the argument can be made about a guy like Orr who had past incidents of things and has looked great on the pitch at times and says all the right things to the media.

However the counterpoint could be that you never really know who is a headcase at all. Did we really think that DeRo and DeGuz and Co. would turn the locker room into poison central? Probably not.

There's always going to be different characters in every team that are complete opposites of other in a dressing room. It's how you manage those personalities that matters.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think his "atittude issue" is being blown out of proportion.

The whole fan incident was him sticking up for a teammate. It's not like he was off on his own tirade, he was backing up one of his teammates. Maybe not the best way to do it, but still.

I don't think the 3 amigos (Tim x 2 and Nelsen) are going to bring in a guy who will disrupt what they are building.
    No doubt they will interview/chat with him, as well as speak to managers, players etc who have played along side him, before handing him an offer.

That's part of the research when looking for a player. Talent will only take you so far. If everyone thinks you are a cunt, then you are going to have a hard time making an impact on this pitch.

We are not talking about Messi/Ronaldo/Maradonna type talent here. He's not that good that he'll be able to overcome adversity like that and still be able to shine on the pitch.
    Last edited by jabbronies; 04-11-2014 at 10:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm also sure Bradley isn't going to allow him to step outta line.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jpexxx View Post

If you read the reports about this flipping off incident - Shea was actually dragging his team mate away from having a shouting match with the. Shea was trying to protect his team mate, as far as I can see. Then the crowd turned on Shea, and he showed them the V sign. Trying to backup your team mate who is being abused by fans is a sign of good team spirit and attitude towards his colleagues, not the other way around. And you know, I don't blame the odd footballer for cussing out the fans - the fans spend all game abusing the players sometimes, and yet when one player does something back to the fans, they are a horrible pro?

I bet none of us have joe public sat by our work desks telling us to F-off and that our wives are sluts or somebody telling our workmate, who we respect, that they are useless at their job. I would soon shout back at joe public and tell them to leave the office!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or he could have acted like an adult and walked away. But he's a child and went down to their level, so it's not surprising.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I bet none of us have joe public sat by our work desks telling us to F-off and that our wives are sluts or somebody telling our workmate, who we respect, that they are useless at their job. I would soon shout back at joe public and tell them to leave the office!
    You have never worked retail...
    WE DID IT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being a volunteer, seems to give average decent people an excuse to be abusive towards you. My how self righteous this thread has become.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Or he could have acted like an adult and walked away. But he's a child and went down to their level, so it's not surprising.
    I would say that's a little much, personally. Just cos he reacted makes him a child? I think it makes him human!

and yes, I have, for years. And I've been abused, shouted at, sworn at, some guy actually tried to jump across the front desk of where I work once and security had to restrain him. I've seen it all. And yes, I've reacted and shouted and sworn back sometimes. But did I get fired? no. My boss backed me up. And did I then get other customers try and get me fired or so that I couldn't find another job (as is the case with Shea)? Nope!

It's really a double standard when you get to pro sports players. They have to take all the abuse in the world and never react. Whereas if we do it in our own jobs, its fine.

In any case, its really a different thing that we are talking about. One customer getting angry and shouting at you in your job....compared to 20,000 people or more shouting abuse and giving you the finger, abusing your family and wife...and you just have to suck it up and "be an adult". I'd soon give supports the finger if I was a pro- soccer player!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post

Don't drag this team into this..