Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    I agree he looks a tad slow...but he has never been that pacey in my mind......but I think Saturday the pitch had more to do with it than him looking like he was moving in slow motion. I think he knows his role and coming in when he did I think will suffice as far as I can see. If Jackson is suspended and Isssey is signed by then I would love to see him on the wing.
    I don't know. I don't think it was the pitch - everyone else was at a different speed. He had the look of an older guy that had an injury recently. I say that as an older guy that had an injury recently so I know how it feels.

Not sure how Jackson became this year's Convey already. The big difference in this TFC team for me over others including last year is that we can play and win hard nosed football, with a bit of skill to go with it. That's going to win more games in the long run than having pure skilled guys. Bradley is a good footballer for sure, but he's also a hard man. Jackson never shied out of a tackle in that DC game. He got crunched once going in too because of it. He's a hard man. Henry and Caldwell the same. These guys have steel, and that's what is going to win for us. So don't underestimate Jackson.
    Last edited by Canary10; 03-25-2014 at 09:44 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    no you don't. DeRo will get ripped apart defensively. and with his limited stamina, he's not going to last 90 mins either
    Issey the start....not DeRO I said....come on Yohan...........read
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Losing Plata and Saborio works well for us, but they are still capable. Garcia made us look foolish last year and Findley is capable of the odd good game, Sandoval can be real pest as well.
    Now that you mention Findley, he is one of the fastest players in the league. Will be good to have Jackson on the field with him.

I don't think much of Jackson offensively, but defensively he is pretty good and because of the way the team is built, all he needs is to strip the ball and then pass it... grrr...

He just has to fucking PASS THE BALL, I felt like I was screaming at 8 year olds with him, you have two open players, you have two DC defenders on you, you have to be fucking stupid to think that you can do better with the ball at your feet than you can by passing it...
    WE DID IT!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I don't know. I don't think it was the pitch - everyone else was at a different speed. He had the look of an older guy that had an injury recently. I say that as an older guy that had an injury recently so I know how it feels.

Not sure how Jackson became this year's Convey already. The big difference in this TFC team for me over others including last year is that we can play and win hard nosed football, with a bit of skill to go with it. That's going to win more games in the long run than having pure skilled guys. Bradley is a good footballer for sure, but he's also a hard man. Jackson never shied out of a tackle in that DC game. He got crunched once going in too because of it. He's a hard man. Henry and Caldwell the same. These guys have steel, and that's what is going to win for us. So don't underestimate Jackson.
    Not under estimating him at all....and I know you are not singling me out....just saying. I like what Jackson provides and think he will get better as season progresses.
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post

This exactly. We have no other player that can athletically and physically defend the wing as well as Jackson. Against RSL we will need to be as tight defensively as we were the past two matches. Plus, as I said before, anyone who has seen Jackson play a bit the past few years with Dallas will know that he is better with the ball than he has shown so far. Whether that's rust or playing on dodgy pitches, he is a better player going forward than he's shown so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfctillidie View Post
    yeah DeRo should replace Jackson....though i applaud Jacksons efforts but when he has the ball he doesnt seem to know what to do with it...a little bit wild
    Jackson would be a good guy to have of the bench even long term... fast, strong defensive player, positionaly sound... great player to protect a lead with. However going forward I as well am concerned with his ability to start games. When he gets the ball its like his brain freezes. Osorio was ok, Rey has the ball on a string and I like him as a starter, I've been impressed with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    Not under estimating him at all....and I know you are not singling me out....just saying. I like what Jackson provides and think he will get better as season progresses.
    Yeah, that was meant as a general comment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd just say that people underestimate the importantence of having strong defenders to supporting an attack. The reason we can float our forwards up so high or that Rey can continually make those deep runs is because we have players covering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I'd just say that people underestimate the importantence of having strong defenders to supporting an attack. The reason we can float our forwards up so high or that Rey can continually make those deep runs is because we have players covering.
    This is true..but as a winger going forward so far he's been lacking.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leafs in Detroit at 7 on CBC
    March Madness on TSN all day

That's pretty much our competition at Joe's Sat night

I'll start a viewing thread for numbers, Parky.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Jackson wouldn't have been available for trade then
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The people praising Rey and knocking Jackson must not be paying attention to the defensive side of the game.
    It's pretty simple: Jackson is great defensively but weak offensively while Rey is great offensively but weak defensively. It's good balance to have 2 players like that so i'd start both next game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LFC8 View Post
    The people praising Rey and knocking Jackson must not be paying attention to the defensive side of the game.
    It's pretty simple: Jackson is great defensively but weak offensively while Rey is great offensively but weak defensively. It's good balance to have 2 players like that so i'd start both next game.
    And maybe I'm giving the coach to much credit, but Nelson has shown that he will switch the wingers when necessary, pairing them up properly with the opposition or to take advantage of a weakness.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's alright, mate. This early in the year you're going to see amped up opinions. There's a fine line this early in the season between nit-picking and analysis from a small pool of data.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Can't deny that, but he's also shut down and frustrated some of the other teams best attackers which is being overlooked.

I would say its obvious what we are asking our wingers to do and what his skill set is, if anything he has been miscast but is also a product of MLS's limitations. With all the money spent elsewhere, good luck finding a wide player who can go two way for this league.

To me, you still need his defensive intensity on the field for TFC but it's obvious his ability going forward provides little. The solution is tweaking the formation to focus him more on the defensive side, while leaving Rey to go forward.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 03-25-2014 at 10:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Jackson is an ideal winger for the tactical approach that Nelsen utilizes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one thing that stood out about Jackson was his blistering speed. Whether it was chasing down through balls pushed a little too far ahead or running down defenders, he is fast. Having watched past highlights, I can only hope that he gets his offensive prowess back soon, it's in him. In the meantime, the fact that we have another midfield destroyer (bow my head in reverence to Bradley) and we are markedly better as a team than last year - I have faith. And don't forget, you can't teach speed!

As a Dero fan, I would love for him to do well, but I also felt that he had lost a step on his breakaway. I was standing in 115 looking right at him on his breakaway and he didn't look like the old Dero - hopefully it was just the pitch. I am comfortable with Jackson in this role for all of the defensive help he gives and offensive potential, as opposed to moving Dero back there.

Just my 3 cents.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro now Nelsen says MLS is looking into Jackson foul. Expects to hear their decision in coming days. Also expects a suspension of some sorts. #TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Jackson's out it would be interesting to see who Nelsen replaces him with. DeRo, Issey? Or maybe even Orr (switching sides with Rey)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdogg View Post
    And maybe I'm giving the coach to much credit, but Nelson has shown that he will switch the wingers when necessary, pairing them up properly with the opposition or to take advantage of a weakness.
    Yeah, i've actually been impressed with Nelsen's tactics (i've never really been fond of the 4-4-2), but he's managing it very well. Although, the talent he has to work with doesn't hurt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro now Nelsen says MLS is looking into Jackson foul. Expects to hear their decision in coming days. Also expects a suspension of some sorts. #TFC
    Hoping for one game at this point.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Hoping for one game at this point.
    violent conduct is automatic 2 games (IE what Dempsey got)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    violent conduct is automatic 2 games (IE what Dempsey got)
    Could appeal that to 1, no? Dempsey's appeal was unsuccessful. Not that I think Jackson's would necessarily be any different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steven Goff ‏@SoccerInsider 1m Getting word that, pending possible appeal, Toronto FC's Jackson has been suspended 1 game by #MLS for elbowing D.C.'s Davy Arnaud

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopfully INF is signed by then. Not sold on DeRo out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not worried about the Jackson suspension if it happens. We have Issey and Rey for offensive wingers and Orr and Morgan as suitable defensive wingers (even though they're normally fullbacks).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Jackson's out it would be interesting to see who Nelsen replaces him with. DeRo, Issey? Or maybe even Orr (switching sides with Rey)
    I'll bet Orr. I think/guess Nelsen likes to have a attacking & defensive options out there on the wings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Hopfully INF is signed by then. Not sold on DeRo out there.
    Earl Cochrane must be on special contract, handling the paper work for this one.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    Steven Goff ‏@SoccerInsider 1m Getting word that, pending possible appeal, Toronto FC's Jackson has been suspended 1 game by #MLS for elbowing D.C.'s Davy Arnaud

Seattle Sounder supporters whining all over the place in 3...2....1..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps they are taking the yellow card into account? Watching the replay, it is pretty clear that Arnaud violently hits Jackson from behind first, then embellishes the elbow, right in front of the ref.