Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    So Cesar is both CLUMSY, a VERY POOR KEEPER, and a BAD EXAMPLE? Thanks for the input you know-nothing simpleton...
    Stow the personal attacks. Only warning.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iansmcl View Post
    What are people's feelings on Cesar so far?
    That one save he made towards the end showed something. And his positioning has been excellent, as it was in Seattle and against DCU. Couldn't be faulted on any of the goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cesar hasn't been playing. He played 2 games for QPR this year. He's not match fit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it would be nice to have a #10 type player in my life time...saying that im happy at 2and 1..

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    it would be nice to have a #10 type player in my life time...saying that im happy at 2and 1..
    Yeah, it really does seem to be a requirement in this league.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Columbus just won with final kick of the game and are 3-0 to start the season.

next game isn't going to be easy either
    Suggested post under the mlssoccer.com recap story: "Waiting for someone from Seattle to explain how this was Jackson's fault."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Well - we did have one once. Guevera. But yes - this team needs a player like him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would not be surprised if Caldwell gets a one game suspension for that card. Seattle fans are going to be all over mlssoccer about that one (can't complain about Jackson so need a scapegoat) Mind you, Saborrio should have had 2 for that two footed tackle last week.

Are people ready for a Hagglund & Henry CB pairing?

Speaking of mlssoccer, I await the people suggesting Beckerman > Bradley based on a game where Morales >>>>>>>> Hall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not worried about Cesar. I am worried what we will do with our midfield against Columbus with Osorio out "a few weeks". We have Jackson back... and Issey looks good but we someone to play with Bradley. Maybe a formation shift but no indication that will happen. I have read Jackson can play DM? Maybe pair him with Bradley and Issey on the wing.

edit- and yeah Caldwell should miss next game. That was a red card don't know what he was thinking. Interesting to see what MLS do with that one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to say the same. Guevara was inconsistent at times, but still one of my favourite players in our short history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loss not a big deal in the grand scheme of things (hope Defoe is healthy). The true test of today is whether we can learn from our mistakes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to be a frustrating week as a fan, because TFC were getting overhyped out the ass after the first two weeks, and now opposing supporters are going to be mocking the shit out of us until we bounce back.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    So Cesar is both CLUMSY, a VERY POOR KEEPER, and a BAD EXAMPLE? Thanks for the input you know-nothing simpleton...
    Very poor goalkeeping*. He has proven himself to be a good goalkeeper, but today he was terrible. Come on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    The thing with Bekker - you can see with that backheel late on. Player makes backheel.....RSL player runs for it....Bekker looks "oh that's a nice pass"....2 seconds later....*oh, I should be running for that ball*. He doesn't seem like a "natural" footballer sometimes, he doesn't seem to read the game quite quick enough. Hall is a better mid at thsi point in time. Whether Bekker can ever "learn" to be quicker is up to question.
    As if Hall isn't guilty of the same. He has a huge track record of carelessly losing men in the middle of the field and leaving the backline exposed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Going to be a frustrating week as a fan, because TFC were getting overhyped out the ass after the first two weeks, and now opposing supporters are going to be mocking the shit out of us until we bounce back.

- Scott
    I'll probably avoid visiting the MLS site for this week haha. I can already see the Sounders fans preparing to troll the shit out of us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    As if Hall isn't guilty of the same. He has a huge track record of carelessly losing men in the middle of the field and leaving the backline exposed.
    I am no Bekker fan, but Hall is on a whole new level of shit.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post

- Scott
    Opposing supporters? Twitter trolls have been waiting since January for this. The only cover we have is the Leafs are nose diving. And, right on schedule, the usual "sack the keeper" Facebook stuff is happening.

This place has been a bastion of sober thought.

14 days ago

A mere 14 days ago, we were all worried and hopeful. And we got 2 wonderful games, followed by a stinker.

I'll take those last 14 days. Onwards and upwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone praising Cesar should seriously rewatch that game. IF Bendik pulled that crap waiting with the ball for a striker to challenge and take the ball off of him we would all be all over him. But since its Cesar we forget about it instantly, oh he knows what he is doing etc. He is being careless. On the third goal AND the play that busted his knee (btw Cesar war limping for the last 10 minutes and had zero mobility-he is seriously hurt) he hesitated and could have gotten to the ball first as Rimando did all game. Rewatch the play he got injured and explain to me what he was doing?
    Im not saying this isnt a good goalkeeper, I mean we all know his pedigree. But the rust is showing and moreover he looks to be a little too easy going back there. Im sorry but if Im Bendik I would be pissed off that that crap is taking your playing time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Pointing to 40% possession here as an issue is misleading. In any league - when playing away against one of the best teams in the league - playing a counter attacking game is a solid approach. And one that will lead to low posession numbers. That wasn't the problem.

We were simply poor tonight.
    In this case I disagree. We cheaply gave them the ball and tried to counter attack when the opportunity wasn't there. They pressed us high and we willingly made low percentage passes and they scooped up the second balls. Nelsen lets Bradley roam too much when RSL loves to find that space in front of the backline and pull people out of position.

Tactically I'd say this game was not solid. However, no shame in that if we learn from it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adam1001 View Post
    ... I can already see the Sounders fans preparing to troll the shit out of us.
    Given what happened to them tonight, I think they are going to be talking about other stuff....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mcolvy View Post
    Anyone praising Cesar should seriously rewatch that game. IF Bendik pulled that crap waiting with the ball for a striker to challenge and take the ball off of him we would all be all over him. But since its Cesar we forget about it instantly, oh he knows what he is doing etc. He is being careless. On the third goal AND the play that busted his knee (btw Cesar war limping for the last 10 minutes and had zero mobility-he is seriously hurt) he hesitated and could have gotten to the ball first as Rimando did all game. Rewatch the play he got injured and explain to me what he was doing?
    Im not saying this isnt a good goalkeeper, I mean we all know his pedigree. But the rust is showing and moreover he looks to be a little too easy going back there. Im sorry but if Im Bendik I would be pissed off that that crap is taking your playing time.
    Is that you Joe ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We hit the post, goalie almost gave us a goal, both Defoe and Gilberto had great attempts, just missing by inches.

It could have been an easy 3-3 or a win for us.

Let's move on and as said above , hope full of a team recovery for the next game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just hope Defoe and Cesar are okay. That's all I'm worried about. A loss, I can completely get over - we were never going to have a 1.000 winning percentage.

But Defoe being out a few weeks with a hammy problem? That could be trouble.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Cesar hasn't been playing. He played 2 games for QPR this year. He's not match fit
    Did not realise that. Thanks all for the thoughts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The penalty was a 60-40 call. Both players were jostling for position, saboria had his arms around henry first and drew the contact. Henry reacted and pulled saboria off him falling for the bait. saboria shouldn't even be playing IMO. Thier second goal was a fluke deflection. Defoe could have had at least 2 penalties against him with one challenge at about the same level 60-40 as the one henry was called on. We hit 3 posts missing 2 other very close shots <1ft and henry missed a sitter.

However a few tactical errors were made by Nelson.

To start I'd rate Morgan ahead of morrow in both straight line speed and crossing. The defensive liability of morgan is outclassed by his overlapping speed and crossing ability. Today we witnessed the absolute lack of ability to cross the ball by Morrow, it's very poor. Second I'd rate bekker ahead of hall in both gap closing speed and long ball accuracy. Bekker is flat out better at delivering an accurate long ball than hall. While Hall may be good at winning some balls, he looks confused on the ball most of the time unable to make a complete pass. Bekker could slot in well to win the ball and feed bradley for a short pass or make space and deliver a longer ball to Gilberto to hold up or the wing. The general can play a box to box with Bekker playing a hard tackling holder with long pass potential (we saw a glimpse of a few amazing long passes in his short minutes).

I'd like Nelson to shake things up and light a fire under a few players (Orr, Hall) by starting Morgan , Bekker and utilizing them as I've stated above.

ps.
    RSL is a joke to watch, they flop more than miami it's actually disgusting to watch. I'm glad if anything from this game that our players don't dive and roll around on the ground for ten minutes without very hard contact.
    Last edited by JavierMartini; 03-30-2014 at 12:10 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Loss not a big deal in the grand scheme of things (hope Defoe is healthy). The true test of today is whether we can learn from our mistakes.
    imo, most importantly, Nelsen's idiotic starting lineup. All of his decisions were exposed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Teams lose games. 2-1-0 in our first three games? I'll take it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mcolvy View Post

damm... I love Julio but there's some good points here! With that sai, the 1st goal we cannot expect him to make the save
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man some of you turn so quick on players and the coach, lets hope you do not act so quickly in relationships. They had their chances, they missed them. Plenty to work on and with clear limitations in depth. Actually nothing not to be expected.

Yes I hoped for more although if you apply what we know with experience, game time, & match fitness of certain players most performances are not unexpected.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RSL is better than even a full-strength TFC. Their midfield ran all over us, our entire back line was terrible, and Nelson was overmatched tactically. But the real story was the lack of depth. The drop-off from Osorio to the next CM is, shall we say, significant. Same goes for the CBs.

I'm not worried though, this team will get better as they play more games. 6 points from 3 games is a good start. Averaging 2 points at home and 1 on the road gets you 51 points. Time to focus on Columbus.