Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope they go out gunning for a win. We need all the points we can get before the World Cup arrives and takes important players from us.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    Anyone heading to Joe's for this one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    If a crew is making it out I would love to join in, although I would love to hit McQueens as it is crawling distance from home.

I plan on it. Hype to come.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For# KAYAKER#.
    Went to R.S.L. 3 season's ago.
    We stayed down town Salt Lake really good time.
    There is a huge shopping centre that you can enjoy.
    Big bar and grill within the hotel.
    Transport to Sandy( R.S.L. field) is similar to GO transit.
    Train goes right from downtown to Sandy and takes about 30mins.
    Just a 5 minute walk from getting off the train.
    Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
    Nice if you can see a 2-0 win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I expect us to give them a tough challenge, any points earned is a huge bonus. This would be one of those games where we could turn the corner and show we are on the rise or ... Revert to classic TFC and have a very long night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joao Plata ‏@JoaoPlata10 15m 3 Weeks out # hamstring !!3 semanas fuera de las canchas ..#posterior.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Traditionally TFC sucks at Rio Tinto. Altitude sucks. Even though RSL is no longer as dominant as they used to be at home, I'd be very happy with a draw. RSL is no joke, even though their defence hasn't been solid so far this season.

RSL is just one of TFC bogeyman teams. Then again, so was Seattle...
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC are the favourites here no doubt about it... Some of you seem wary about being to optimistic, understandably so... But this team is legit, Bradley, Gilberto, Defoe up front cannot be matched!! 2-0 reds. Gilberto with his 1st.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I prefer to be wary - it's done some good the last couple of games not to be too overconfident. Don't see how TFC can be out-and-out favourites when we have an all-time record at Rio Tinto of 0-4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy for a draw. They've got an excellent squad of players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfctillidie View Post
    i hope Saborio is suspended for this match...dude plays dirty...2 Galaxy players were injured cause of his dirty plays. We cant afford an injury to any of our players while we tryin to jell
    I'd like to see Saborio try to go dirty on Caldwell or Henry. Either of them will break his legs if he does...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RSL is done with CCL matches so they won't be worn out this time around.

Draw and a point would be great, I think RSL is one of the best in the league, although... I also think Seattle is one of the better teams so let's see what happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if their will be a big crowd to see Defoe and Bradley, RSL seem to have pretty good crowds/atmospheres as it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You just know that Plata would have torched us, so we're fortunate that he'll miss this one.

I'm expecting a hard earned draw, and an exciting match between two of the most skilled teams in the league. It still feels strange to refer to TFC in that regard...
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 03-24-2014 at 09:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So could they be without both Plata and Soborio?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we cant count on Defoe to keep scoring all the goals, the others will have to start to covert opportunities as well. Gilberto looks as sharp yet not match fit. Dero and Al Rey have had great opportunities and really have not looked like they have the finishing ability.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those looking for a stream of the game it looks as if the MLS Stream of the Week may actually be the RSL vs TFC match. Everyone can vote for it and it is currently leading with 41% of the votes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Saborio suspended for sure?

If so, I think we can do pretty well.

I am watching the RSL vs. LAG game and the poor quality of the pitch may be of benefit to us as I am watching the ball bounce which makes passes poor.

With RN playing counter attack, it should give us more than a couple of good shots at taking away the ball in their defensive third and putting it in the back of the net.

I wish nothing but the best for the young Joao Plata and I would kind of feel like crap if Bradley broke him by bowling over him, but it was not us so let's hope for his quick recovery after we face RSL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

---------Defoe-------Gilberto------
    -------DeRo-------------Rey------
    --------Bradley-----Osorio--------
    -Morrow--Henry--Caldwell--Bloom-
    -------------Cesar---------------

RSL will play a narrow diamond and we play a narrow 4-4-2 so it's going to be a battle in the middle of the park with no space. Once expects Oso and Bradley to come on top though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KidA View Post
    For those looking for a stream of the game it looks as if the MLS Stream of the Week may actually be the RSL vs TFC match. Everyone can vote for it and it is currently leading with 41% of the votes.
    I didn't vote for it as I'll be watching it on TV, but good news for people who rely on streams I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking the altitude will be a problem, as will be a poor pitch. I think fatigue will set in early so Nelsen will probably go with a game plan that minimizes movement and conserves strength for the first half before trying to come out flying in the second half. Conversely, if Plata is out, Saborio might have some trouble clicking with another player. If our defence holds up, we might be able to prevent them from scoring. I'm not sure if we'll be able to score, but I could see this game ending 1-0 TFC or 0-0. We lose if the backline makes a mistake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Losing Plata and Saborio works well for us, but they are still capable. Garcia made us look foolish last year and Findley is capable of the odd good game, Sandoval can be real pest as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah DeRo should replace Jackson....though i applaud Jacksons efforts but when he has the ball he doesnt seem to know what to do with it...a little bit wild

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KidA View Post
    Crap, Seattle - Colorado now on top with 41%.

​BUMP!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah DeRo should replace Jackson....though i applaud Jacksons efforts but when he has the ball he doesnt seem to know what to do with it...a little bit wild
    Whabung?! Jackson was supplier of many chances, against DC. Not to single you out, mind; seems that most have selective memory, in the case of Jackson's contributions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I think if he is not suspended, Jackson will start again. In the game in 6, several of the opportunities involve him somehow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn TSN2!! Gonna have to watch from the computer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo was so many steps off the pace on Saturday, I actually felt sorry for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Same here. When he was through on goal, I thought he was going in slow motion. I like the guy - he is one of my all time favorites, but based on what I have seen so far, I am really wondering how much of a factor he is going to be this. He looks like a shadow of his former self.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post

I agree he looks a tad slow...but he has never been that pacey in my mind......but I think Saturday the pitch had more to do with it than him looking like he was moving in slow motion. I think he knows his role and coming in when he did I think will suffice as far as I can see. If Jackson is suspended and Isssey is signed by then I would love to see him on the wing.
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    I agree he looks a tad slow...but he has never been that pacey in my mind......but I think Saturday the pitch had more to do with it than him looking like he was moving in slow motion. I think he knows his role and coming in when he did I think will suffice as far as I can see. If Jackson is suspended and Isssey is signed by then I would love to see him on the wing.
    no you don't. DeRo will get ripped apart defensively. and with his limited stamina, he's not going to last 90 mins either
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano