Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    Toronto FC seems to be heading down the same road as usual, we got lucky against Seattle, and DCU arent a really great team, we are now being showed we are the same old TFC as day one
    TFC is giving space to preserve energy for the last 30 minutes because of altitude and be careful becareful of the poor pitch. We are missing two key starters whose replacements are not doing the job they should.

And soft PK is the issue.

We are going to lose. we may be able to pull this back. RSL is coming at us full tilt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    They'd give us a different look, for sure, but we need our bench players to contribute something.
    I personally believe Jackson would have shut down their fullback making runs while Osorio provides more offensive punch on the pitch for TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'eve had 0 attacks from the right wing. Nelson must not rate Dero or Issy at all to put them in there. Jeremy hall doesn't create anything the way that Osorio does. All our DPs are playing, yet our lack of depth is exposed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    No.

You are wrong.

We played REALLY well versus Seattle and handled them well.

We outplayed DCU and did what we needed to do to win.

In this game, we have issues in the middle of the park. And we are being outplayed on the wings.

Bradley is having a good game. As is Defoe. And Gilberto.
    agreed. And now Nelson has to change tactics and respond to what RSL is doing. Maybe we don't have that much depth but Dero and Issey give us different looks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    TFC is giving space to preserve energy for the last 30 minutes because of altitude and be careful becareful of the poor pitch.
    This is flawed, if that's what we are doing. Defending is more energy expansion than attacking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    TFC is giving space to preserve energy for the last 30 minutes because of altitude and be careful becareful of the poor pitch. We are missing two key starters whose replacements are not doing the job they should.

And soft PK is the issue.

We are going to lose. we may be able to pull this back. RSL is coming at us full tilt.
    The only people who think that was a soft pk had their blinders on. That was a clear pk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    It is not that all hope is lost. It is up to Nelson to impact the game with subs and formation shift. If he comes up with the same look after half time then idk.
    I think he will switch it up but not much a coach can do when his player throws an opponent to the ground for a penalty and a ball takes a bad deflection off another one of his players for another goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nelson better make a half time substitution.......bring in Dero.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agreed was a penalty. If that happened to Gilberto at the other end we would be screaming.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG panic we are losing at half time at one of the most difficult away destinations against one of consistently better teams in the league! Nelson out, Defoe out, Bradley out! *rolls eyes hugely*

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    I personally believe Jackson would have shut down their fullback making runs while Osorio provides more offensive punch on the pitch for TFC.
    Likely, but he's suspended and we have to deal with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soccerpro View Post
    We'eve had 0 attacks from the right wing. Nelson must not rate Dero or Issy at all to put them in there. Jeremy hall doesn't create anything the way that Osorio does. All our DPs are playing, yet our lack of depth is exposed.
    Yep.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to expect there is going to be injuries/suspensions, that's why you need depth, and this is why I think vancouver might be better off over the entire season because they have better depth. Do we have that canadian international creator midfielder TFC just signed ready to go?? Might as well give him a go at this point

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol this game was over the minute Nelsen decided to waste a wide position on Bloom and put that absolute scrub Jeremy Hall beside Bradley. It would be better to play with 10 than 11 with Hall, he doesn't do anything defensively and is good for a turnover almost every touch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2-0. this ref hugo chavez is horrible. the announcers talk about the game like theyre from salt lake.
    I will be happy for a tie but I think we could win this still. I dont understand jeremy hall out there either.
    Last edited by dutch; 03-29-2014 at 09:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilberto's fitness is still an issue...there are times he'll just be standing around and watching and the ball would go to the space where he should've been on if he kept running.
    Last edited by tfctillidie; 03-29-2014 at 09:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, can't say I didn't see it coming! We are playing like we're scared shitless. It's pretty clear that we are simply no where close to RSL's level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    OMG panic we are losing at half time at one of the most difficult away destinations against one of consistently better teams in the league! Nelson out, Defoe out, Bradley out! *rolls eyes hugely*
    OMG people criticized being down 2-0 at half, they must want everything blown up so we can start over!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get Hall off the field, no technical ability, no energy, not compose enough, he's just plain lost. Get Bekker or DeRo in there. Take out Orr switch in Issey, and put Bloom back to RB.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by defensor View Post
    You have to expect there is going to be injuries/suspensions, that's why you need depth, and this is why I think vancouver might be better off over the entire season because they have better depth. Do we have that canadian international creator midfielder TFC just signed ready to go?? Might as well give him a go at this point
    I'd like to see what Nelsen does at the half to adjust.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
    Lol this game was over the minute Nelsen decided to waste a wide position on Bloom and put that absolute scrub Jeremy Hall beside Bradley. It would be better to play with 10 than 11 with Hall, he doesn't do anything defensively and is good for a turnover almost every touch.
    Hall has been shocking, but that' sour depth right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutch View Post
    2-0. this ref hugo chavez ref is horrible. the announcers talk about the game like theyre from salt lake.
    I will be happy for a tie but I think we could win this still
    Toledo is awful, but he's the ref for both teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by tfctillidie View Post
    Gilberto's fitness is still an issue...there are at time he'll just be standing around and watching and the ball would go to the space where he should've been on if he kept running.
    Yeah, you can see his energy isn't the same. Typical for a second match back from a layoff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adam1001 View Post
    Well, can't say I didn't see it coming! We are playing like we're scared shitless. It's pretty clear that we are simply no where close to RSL's level.
    I sort of doubt Cesar, Defoe, Bradley, Gilberto or any of the other guys are scared.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    Toronto FC seems to be heading down the same road as usual, we got lucky against Seattle, and DCU arent a really great team, we are now being showed we are the same old TFC as day one
    love your optimism

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    is jason kreis still coaching?
    Nope. He is NYCFC's manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    It is not panic and no one is saying any of those three things. What we are saying this type of situation could be expected with our lack of depth against a good opponent and we are waiting to see how the team and Nelson responds to being outplayed. We are not out of this game yet.If we respond and tie this sucker up would be a huge boost.

edit- Caldwell should be off for that challenge LOL. Probably get a suspension.
    Last edited by pdubs; 03-29-2014 at 09:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by defensor View Post
    Match fitness might be an issue.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Let's keep some perspective. We're still on a rebuild with a team that is still learning to play together in one of the toughest places to play in the league. This match is not a surprise so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

Yeah, you can see his energy isn't the same. Typical for a second match back from a layoff.
    not to mention they are playing in altitude

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry but why Nelsen expected Hall and certain of these guys to be up to playing in a squad with Defoe and Bradley is beyond me, too much gap in skill level imo. He's got a find a way to get some experienced depth players in there defensively/midfield imo. Once again any word on that canadian inter national they just signed?.. nvm just realized someone said match fitness might be an issue, still though wasn't he playing in asia or australia??? there season is just heading towards finishing up so he would be fit if he was playing there?
    Last edited by defensor; 03-29-2014 at 09:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say everyone had a poor half outside of Defoe. Bradley was solid but seems to be off on his passing tonight. I think we'll get 1 in the 2nd half but 2 is doubtful.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adam1001 View Post
    Oh, I don't know about that. Their defence is not playing all that well either. The difference has been Morales vs. Hall when we pivot, and Bloom has been pulled out of position. This is creating space in front of our D line.

i.e. Our midfield without Osorio and Bradley has issues.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfctillidie View Post
    not to mention they are playing in altitude
    Yes. I just want to see an improved second half. Even if we lose, a reaction that is positive would be a good sign for us.