Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking forward to the Bradley vs Beckerman battle.. Beckerman has been one of the leagues most consistent midfielders IMO. A big part of RSL's consistent competitiveness. We'll really know if this going to be the year if we get a good result on Saturday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RSL fans on BigSoccer don't sound particularly confident about their chances, with the injuries they have. They sound a lot like us actually - hoping for the best, satisfied with a point, etc.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be a treat to watch two World Cup teammates battle each other on the pitch. On Saturday they will be opponents and just a few days later in Phoenix be teammates once again when the US takes on Mexico Wednesday night.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post
    Whabung?! Jackson was supplier of many chances, against DC. Not to single you out, mind; seems that most have selective memory, in the case of Jackson's contributions.
    no worries its just one of those friendly debates of who should be playing...its a normal thing for supporters to do...i didnt have a selective memory...i even said i applaud Jacksons efforts coz he was indeed involved in most of the plays where we almost scored. There are times where he has brain farts when he has the ball though lol...but then again its still early in the season so i will reserve my judgement on his play.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jackson will most likely be out for Saturday night.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfctillidie View Post
    no worries its just one of those friendly debates of who should be playing...its a normal thing for supporters to do...i didnt have a selective memory...i even said i applaud Jacksons efforts coz he was indeed involved in most of the plays where we almost scored. There are times where he has brain farts when he has the ball though lol...but then again its still early in the season so i will reserve my judgement on his play.
    100% Agreed. I think he'll come along, given time to settle into the side, and there are already flashes alluding as much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guys we are fucked

Luke Wileman ‏@LukeWileman 3m Baldomero Toledo will referee Toronto FC at Real Salt Lake on Saturday. Kevin Stott takes charge of Whitecaps Houston http://refs.pro/t4UoBr

I hope the General runs him over

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yellow Cards For Everyone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So no Osorio?

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2014/03...early-schedule

Nelsen heads into the encounter with a full squad sans Jonathan Osorio, who had a light training session, hampered by tightness in his hamstring due to training and playing on rough surfaces. But the midfielder expects that issue to sort itself out in the coming days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I think the'yre just saying he is the only one that's not fully healthy as of today and should recover in time for saturday. He and Gilberto will probably be the ones that get subbed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else miss the Replacement referee's? I mean it's only been one game but the PRO refs are so terrible, they slow the game down so much and rarely make a correct call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me this is the match, usually I would want to see 5-10 matches to say this team is the real deal, but if we meet the top team in the league last year, and WIN, I will be convinced that this is the real deal, not just because of the results but because of what I am seeing on the field.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    For me this is the match, usually I would want to see 5-10 matches to say this team is the real deal, but if we meet the top team in the league last year, and WIN, I will be convinced that this is the real deal, not just because of the results but because of what I am seeing on the field.
    If TFC loses though, they could still be the real deal, just not yet jelled. If TFC wins, it will be very impressive. You don't win at Rio Tinto, any more than you win at CenturyLink Field. A tie would be good enough for me to say that the team is on the right track, though.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 03-26-2014 at 11:44 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    guys we are fucked

Luke Wileman ‏@LukeWileman 3m Baldomero Toledo will referee Toronto FC at Real Salt Lake on Saturday. Kevin Stott takes charge of Whitecaps Houston http://refs.pro/t4UoBr

I hope the General runs him over
    Probably a blessing in disguise that Jackson won't be available for this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be at work on Saturday night and we don't have TSN2. so if anyone knows of a live stream please post.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    If TFC loses though, they could still be the real deal, just not yet jelled. If TFC wins, it will be very impressive. You don't win at Rio Tinto, any more than you win at CenturyLink Field. A tie would be good enough for me to say that the team is on the right track, though.
    Same here. I expect much of the same tactically as the first two matches.

Question is, whether this is a brilliant plan by Nelsen to defend hard and keep shape while hitting on the counter while the team gels and then implement whatever system we really plan on using once everyone is familiar or this is just it. I guess time will tell.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    guys we are fucked

Baldomero Toledo will referee Toronto FC
    aarrrggghhh! He also seems to have it in for TFC, too.

For those unfamiliar with being "Toledo'd" here is a good article:

By the way, in an admittedly small sample, Toledo was named the league’s worst referee in a Sports Illustrated preseason survey of MLS players.
    http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/02/dear-major-league-soccer-we-need-to-talk-about-referee-baldomero-toledo-again/

Last edited by Oldtimer; 03-26-2014 at 12:27 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you Trane. This team is still a work in Progress And I need to see a couple of more Matches to actually evaluate this team But we are definitely on the right track

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the same time, if we don't win the game, it doesn't mean that we aren't on the right track and maybe not that far from the 'real deal'. It is inevitable that we will lose some games, particularly away matches against tough opponents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we beat RSL on their home turf, we should be undisputed #1 in the power rankings next week.

I'm starting to think it's possible. I haven't seen any other team play such a press in the midfield as TFC does. The General gives the ball carrier absolutely no room to breathe. He's going to singlehandedly force the remaining teams to play up to his level if they want to compete. If they can't contain Bradley, TFC wins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jackson is officially suspended for this game (and this game only), and it looks like Saborio has escaped suspension, so we'll have to deal with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Jackson is officially suspended for this game (and this game only), and it looks like Saborio has escaped suspension, so we'll have to deal with him.
    Does anyone know if the INF deal will get done before the game?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...-donovan-ricke

Jackson suspended 1 game, plus fine
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saborio didn't get suspended?? Interesting decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adam1001 View Post
    Does anyone know if the INF deal will get done before the game?
    I don't think anyone but the people involved know what's going on there. Complete mystery, sounded like it was going to get done a week and a half ago.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Saborio didn't get suspended?? Interesting decision.
    He might be appealing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    He might be appealing.
    Who will? LA? Can't see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Who will? LA? Can't see it.
    RSL probably appealing but appeals usually take not that long so I would expect to know by Friday if the appeal was done and the ruling of the appeal.

He has to get atleast one game for that challenge. It was dirty, late, and dangerous.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    RSL probably appealing but appeals usually take not that long so I would expect to know by Friday if the appeal was done and the ruling of the appeal.

He has to get atleast one game for that challenge. It was dirty, late, and dangerous.
    RSL appealing him not getting a suspension? You're for sure thinking LA is appealing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There could be no word of a suspension yet because RSL is appealing.