Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro 59s Nelsen says Osorio likely out for a few weeks. Will miss Columbus game. #TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terrible game. We couldnt string anything together offensively. Look at Morales for them. This teams biggest hole is a true playmaker. Our top three strikers are shoot first guys. Rey holds onto the ball WAY to long so it kills the strikers movement.. I mean common we can't win games throgh Bradley lofting nice balls over the top of defenders. Its just ugly. I wish we invested in Valeri type instead of a Gilberto type. Thats what the team needs. Zero creativity. Defoe, Gilberto and dero are going to be tearing each other apart, one of them needs to look for passes

Another thing Orr can %$# right off. He gave up on getting to Saborio after he snuck in behind and if Orr put more pressure on him he wouldnt have been so comfortable in on Cesar. Orr is beyond terrible out there. Hesitant and useless going forward.

Cesar is clumsy. When he hurt his knee he jumped in the air and was trying to like drop kick the ball? He like hesitated and half went from it. Very poor goalkeeper and setting a bad example for Bendik. His knee buckled hard. Cesar is 100% injuried and it looks to be pretty bad.

Bradley was too much of a lose cannon today. Against such a good team he left our backline exposed. Not a good performance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    Interesting to see if anything is wrong with Defoe. You know Nelson will play it up even if it is nothing like he did before the first game when half of our starting 11 was apparently down with injuries aha. Hope nothing serious.
    Nelsen plays the "injury" card almost like an alibi. He does it to take the heat off himself and have something to pin poor performances on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hall cannot play with Bradley. Hall is a very very very poor mans Bradley. They are both box to box guys who are too conservative to be a constant threat going forward, but don't sit back enough to allow the other to move forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mcolvy View Post
    Terrible game. We couldnt string anything together offensively. Look at Morales for them. This teams biggest hole is a true playmaker. Our top three strikers are shoot first guys. Rey holds onto the ball WAY to long so it kills the strikers movement.. I mean common we can't win games throgh Bradley lofting nice balls over the top of defenders. Its just ugly. I wish we invested in Valeri type instead of a Gilberto type. Thats what the team needs. Zero creativity. Defoe, Gilberto and dero are going to be tearing each other apart, one of them needs to look for passes

Another thing Orr can %$# right off. He gave up on getting to Saborio after he snuck in behind and if Orr put more pressure on him he wouldnt have been so comfortable in on Cesar. Orr is beyond terrible out there. Hesitant and useless going forward.

Cesar is clumsy. When he hurt his knee he jumped in the air and was trying to like drop kick the ball? He like hesitated and half went from it. Very poor goalkeeper and setting a bad example for Bendik. His knee buckled hard. Cesar is 100% injuried and it looks to be pretty bad.

Bradley was too much of a lose cannon today. Against such a good team he left our backline exposed. Not a good performance.
    Wow. Everyone of our DP's sound like chumps according to you.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adam1001 View Post
    Nelsen plays the "injury" card almost like an alibi. He does it to take the heat off himself and have something to pin poor performances on.
    According to Molinaro, he's not doing that.

Apparently he's on a conference call so we probably won't get a video of his reaction.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 7m Defoe was feeling hamstring before game and it tightened up. Hopefully it's not too bad.

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 1m Nelsen on lacking possession: "We had 15 attempts on goal. Just as many as they had. Our chances were good."

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro 3m
    Nelsen: "We don't have much MLS experience. ... We have a big target on our back. Players have to experience this." #TFC

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 4m
    Nelsen on expectations: "If you'd offered me six points from first three games I'd have taken it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand how Vancouver has like 5 outstanding attacking options off the bench, and we have 0. How is that we couldn't acquire some depth?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 1m Nelsen on lacking possession: "We had 15 attempts on goal. Just as many as they had. Our chances were good."

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Honestly, having our lack of depth exposed is not a bad thing. I mean, it sucks to watch, but it also puts pressure on the Tims to fill the gaps.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh. Still 6 points from 3 games. We're still 3 points ahead of the team outside of the playoffs with a game in hand. Have to regroup for Columbus and at least get a draw.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Columbus just won with final kick of the game and are 3-0 to start the season.

next game isn't going to be easy either
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerpro View Post
    I don't understand how Vancouver has like 5 outstanding attacking options off the bench, and we have 0. How is that we couldn't acquire some depth?
    Oh wait I forgot we waisted 2 picks in the top 4 of last year's very stellar draft.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we do have DeRo.

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 1m Nelsen is absolutely right. Six points from first three games -- two on road at Seattle/RSL -- would have been a dream before season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Which is fair. But to what do you chalk up the sub 40 possession against DC at home?

Or the fact that over Nelsen's coaching career the team has only enjoyed +50% possession about 5 or 6 games ?

At some point it becomes a trend does it not?
    Wasn't a factor in either game as we forced both teams to play in areas they couldn't hurt us in.

That said - I don't like the low posession approach with this team. I think it relies too much on Bradley to control the center of the park. Tonight it backfired - in the first half at least when they killed us down the wing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh wait I forgot we waisted 2 picks in the top 4 of last year's very stellar draft.
    Those Uruguayans look incredibly sharp. We desperately need a Pedro (or Javier) Morales on our team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Losing sucks, but onwards and upwards. Do the things different that should have been different, head to KKK-bus and put a ball in a net.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's far too early to declare anything about this team. Let's take stock during the World Cup break and see where we stand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Well we do have DeRo.

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 1m Nelsen is absolutely right. Six points from first three games -- two on road at Seattle/RSL -- would have been a dream before season.
    Have you noticed that DeRo looks a little bit....old this year?

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Have you noticed that DeRo looks a little bit....old this year?
    The Shadow of DeRo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adam1001 View Post
    Those Uruguayans look incredibly sharp. We desperately need a Pedro (or Javier) Morales on our team.
    Even if we drafted the 2 players Colorado took last year. Or Kekuta Manneh or etc etc. I still don't understand why we didn't take the consensus #1 top player. But what do I know...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are people's feelings on Cesar so far?
    I missed the first game, second game he didn't have a lot to do but this game he seemed a bit slow coming off his line for balls. I thought maybe he could have got to that third goal before RSL player got to it? Didn't get a good look in the replay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He does look to have regressed but idk. Maybe he needs some more time to get into stride. Or maybe this is him at a gallop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 7m Defoe was feeling hamstring before game and it tightened up. Hopefully it's not too bad.

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro 3m
    Nelsen: "We don't have much MLS experience. ... We have a big target on our back. Players have to experience this." #TFC

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 4m
    Nelsen on expectations: "If you'd offered me six points from first three games I'd have taken it."
    Defoe feeling it before the game. This is my worry with the "eggs on one basket" DP approach. That we will play them even when they should be rested, and grind them into the ground.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah Dero does not look the same since the injury last year.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iansmcl View Post
    What are people's feelings on Cesar so far?
    I missed the first game, second game he didn't have a lot to do but this game he seemed a bit slow coming off his line for balls. I thought maybe he could have got to that third goal before RSL player got to it? Didn't get a good look in the replay.
    Was a tough ask. They shredded our D.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's one reason why TL fired Payne. TB did what he could; remember we had no first round pick this season. I'll take Hagglund over Convey. And next year, we have 4 picks. One thing TB said in his predraft discussions is that teams need to look at who is there this year at the draft that fits future and current need and who will be there next year to fit the probable need that year and so on and so forth. I have the strong suspicion that we are going to draft midfield and forwards next season. No way those picks are traded for players. TL would have to OK that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh, I'm not gonna hit the panic button. Both teams had the same amount of shots, we had some very good ones. In the end RSL put their chances away. This is not gonna be the case every game. Flattering scoreline with a bullshit PK scored by a player that some may say was a little lucky to even play today.

Terrible game. We couldnt string anything together offensively. Look at Morales for them. This teams biggest hole is a true playmaker. Our top three strikers are shoot first guys. Rey holds onto the ball WAY to long so it kills the strikers movement.. I mean common we can't win games throgh Bradley lofting nice balls over the top of defenders. Its just ugly. I wish we invested in Valeri type instead of a Gilberto type. Thats what the team needs. Zero creativity.
    You kidding me? We went to RSL, one of the hardest places in MLS and created a good amount of chances. In the past we would be defending for 90 mins straight. Bradley sent Defoe wonderful through balls, Bradley also hit the post and nearly had one at the end. On top of that, we were dangerous on the set pieces. TFC weren't clinical on their chances. That's all that happened.

Nelson was very slow on those subs btw. Losing 3-0 and we still had a RB out playing as a RM. Very very poor coaching there. Speaking of very poor, Hall is just....please just put Bekker over Hall for now on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next week in Crew town will be very tough starting to look like they might be 2-2 by the time they get back home, the Crew are looking pretty good so far. Hall and Bekker are not MLS caliber not now or ever. Kristian Jack is good very good, Nigel Reed is a very nice guy but not very good at calling the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Cesar is both CLUMSY, a VERY POOR KEEPER, and a BAD EXAMPLE? Thanks for the input you know-nothing simpleton...