Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Califax View Post
    Leiweke has given us free beer, addressed us on multiple occasions (catered it) , gave us raptor tickets, gave us smoke in the stadium, put us on an old timey bus tour, organized a free jersey giveaway...oh and brought in 100 million dollars worth of world class players.

Not sure why the supporters don't stop shitting all over the club at all cost.

Honest to fuck, it's a march.
    No doubt. Not everything needs the stamp of negativity on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Quite frankly, regardless of the motivations behind their march and cheap beer, I'm quite glad they are doing it. Get more people to the stadium early. Hopefully it is packed for kick off.
    Excellent point. I'm sure I'm speaking for all RPB and supporters alike, we want BMO full at kickoff, not the 30th minute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bakht View Post
    So are we going to be too late for the address from Leiweke? Not sure why the club doesn't wish to cooperate with the supporters march.
    Coordinate?

There is likely some sort of corporate tie with the Brazen Head, The guy who owns it also owns Ned Devines and Tirn an og. I have been to all three, they are OK, and have been to Joe's as well, prefer Joe's, but alas the best was the tailgates, before the big showdown, we kept our drinks in the big red cups and the glass bottles and cans out of sight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what all the fuss is about. The LC is the best bar in the neighbourhood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Excellent point. I'm sure I'm speaking for all RPB and supporters alike, we want BMO full at kickoff, not the 30th minute.
    I am with you on this^ I don't know why some people want build Silo's around themselves. isn't all about support for TFC, regardless of where that may take place

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let MLSE have their party and we can have our, once the games starts , we are one, "all for one", we all love this team.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    I am with you on this^ I don't know why some people want build Silo's around themselves. isn't all about support for TFC, regardless of where that may take place
    Not to mention the fact that some of those people that show up to their for the prematch stuff and join in their march might say "Hey - that was pretty cool" and decide to join in on something the supporters do next time around.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Besides, I'll take the $5 Heineken tallboys at Joe's over the $5 Bud at the stadium anyday.
    +100 with this!
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Good location for that sort of thing. Don't want to be sponsoring one supporters club over another. Best to host it at a neutral place in my opinion.
    Brazen is the home bar to two supporters groups, neither of whom are going that day because of this Bud nonsense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    Brazen is the home bar to two supporters groups, neither of whom are going that day because of this Bud nonsense.
    Correct, plus a few other reasons. The supporter march is for supporters and I for one am very happy that it was organized so that we would not be combined. Last thing we want is a smoke device poped and a mom with a little child bitching about all of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have our thing, USec is doing their thing, the FO is doing their thing, it's all good, reaching different sets of people.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

considering how packed Joe's will be on game day..... I'm happy that other bars are opening their doors to the reds.

In the end, we've been with Shoeless Joe's since Game#1, and I consider ourselves to be quite fortunate. There's more options in the area now, so it's good that other bars get a slice of the pie - it certainly beats when bars wanted nothing to do with TFC (yeah, looking at you What Sheaf & Foggy Dew)
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What supporters group, if you don't mind me asking? I know there's a bunch out there, but there's really only 2 big ones still (meaning more than 100 members at least).

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why was one of my posts edited out? The point was simply that it's enough already with caring about who drinks where or attends what function or who hosts, sponsors or whatever else. Who cares?

Seriously it's 2014. Corporations being involved in team events is not a new thing. It's nothing to judge or start categorizing fans about. Most fans attend all things and don't think much about it. Supporter culture isn't exclusive to those who name themselves as a club or group. It's a big game and Bud is our team beer sponsor, it shouldn't be a big deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Santiago View Post
    Why was one of my posts edited out? The point was simply that it's enough already with caring about who drinks where or attends what function or who hosts, sponsors or whatever else. Who cares?

Seriously it's 2014. Corporations being involved in team events is not a new thing. It's nothing to judge or start categorizing fans about. Most fans attend all things and don't think much about it. Supporter culture isn't exclusive to those who name themselves as a club or group. It's a big game and Bud is our team beer sponsor, it shouldn't be a big deal.
    Your original post didn't refer to that at all it was a personal and broad attack.

That's why.

And to me it is a big deal. I don't care about bud it's pisswater and it's shite. Hence why I'll drink at Joes. It would be nice for the FO to allow local brewries to have there products available as well instead of selling to the highest bidder.

And you say who cares but continue to carry on making your point. So I'm just a little confused why.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What two supporter groups have Brazen Head as their home base?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Selling to the highest bidder brings in money to buy players. And guess what, if Bud wasn't popular, people wouldn't buy it all the time.

The same conversations on here all the time about what is or isn't a good beer or shite or shit or piss water. Repetitive rants on both sides.

Honest to god boys, it's a business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    What two supporter groups have Brazen Head as their home base?
    Kingsinthenorth and SG114 go pregame

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big Fail Here... Brazen Head?! Comeon

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Is Kings of the North a break away group from NEE. Was the demise of NEE due to some people getting pissed off a Pedro?

Also what bar is The Original 109 going too for pre-game, have no heard anything out of them.

Either way Saturday will rock.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    You mean the Boxes and Field level tables!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Califax View Post
    Selling to the highest bidder brings in money to buy players. And guess what, if Bud wasn't popular, people wouldn't buy it all the time.

The same conversations on here all the time about what is or isn't a good beer or shite or shit or piss water. Repetitive rants on both sides.

Honest to god boys, it's a business.
    Cal I understand the business side of it but I don't see how they can completely shut out local brewries. Almost every other team in the leauge has local brews available to them.

Why are we different?

Sure people like and enjoy them and good for them. But the contract they have with InBev for TFC is no where compared to there deal with Molson in the ACC. If almost argue that the deal they have brings little to no money to the squad anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Your original post didn't refer to that at all it was a personal and broad attack.

That's why.

And to me it is a big deal. I don't care about bud it's pisswater and it's shite. Hence why I'll drink at Joes. It would be nice for the FO to allow local brewries to have there products available as well instead of selling to the highest bidder.

And you say who cares but continue to carry on making your point. So I'm just a little confused why.

For the record I didn't start this thread to knock TFC FO, just brought attention to what I saw on tfc website earlier. I didn't respond to any attacks because there was no need to make mountains out of mole hills. Someone else said it best when they said, RBP will be at Joes, other groups will do their thing, and come 4:30pm we're all for one. That being said I too would really love to see local breweries have a chance to sell their products at BMO. I think it supports local small business, and would be great PR for MLSE in doing so.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's not derail the thread CB...

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Is Kings of the North a break away group from NEE. Was the demise of NEE due to some people getting pissed off a Pedro?

Also what bar is The Original 109 going too for pre-game, have no heard anything out of them.

Either way Saturday will rock.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Let's not derail the thread CB...
    Sounds good to me, back on point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InDa_110 View Post
    For the record I didn't start this thread to knock TFC FO, just brought attention to what I saw on tfc website earlier. I didn't respond to any attacks because there was no need to make mountains out of mole hills. Someone else said it best when they said, RBP will be at Joes, other groups will do their thing, and come 4:30pm we're all for one. That being said I too would really love to see local breweries have a chance to sell their products at BMO. I think it supports local small business, and would be great PR for MLSE in doing so.
    Agreed about the brews.

I wasn't on your orginal post but Tony's first post that was taken down.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed about the brews.
    I wasn't on your orginal post but Tony's first post that was taken down.
    Alright Busa.. we have our own March thread to pimp!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Alright Busa.. we have our own March thread to pimp!
    Agreed!!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Santiago View Post

That's why.

This is wrong - completely wrong. You can't be a moderator and bring your own prejudice into the moderating??? JHC You have a moderator editing posts to fit their own agenda - WOW!!! Card the poster if you must - whatever. Edit the post? WOW. Reign this guy in - this is not a moderator - MODERATOR OUT OF CONTROL!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
    This is wrong - completely wrong. You can't be a moderator and bring your own prejudice into the moderating??? JHC You have a moderator editing posts to fit their own agenda - WOW!!! Card the poster if you must - whatever. Edit the post? WOW. Reign this guy in - this is not a moderator - MODERATOR OUT OF CONTROL!!!
    I didn't moderate or remove the post. Hence why i was still in the conversation. So you might want to back down from your attack.

Anyways We got our own march to deal with.
    Last edited by BuSaPuNk; 03-20-2014 at 09:29 PM.