Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Is Kings of the North a break away group from NEE. Was the demise of NEE due to some people getting pissed off a Pedro?

Also what bar is The Original 109 going too for pre-game, have no heard anything out of them.

Either way Saturday will rock.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Your original post didn't refer to that at all it was a personal and broad attack.

That's why.

And to me it is a big deal. I don't care about bud it's pisswater and it's shite. Hence why I'll drink at Joes. It would be nice for the FO to allow local brewries to have there products available as well instead of selling to the highest bidder.

And you say who cares but continue to carry on making your point. So I'm just a little confused why.
    You just love to argue, don't you?

My point about who cares is for people like you who moan about everything. It's one of the most popular beers on the planet, sorry it isn't a local microbrewery. Maybe if a local brewery stepped up to the plate you'd be drinking it...I drink at Joe's sometimes too. They sell Molson Canadian there and Heineken (which is the biggest beer company on Earth), so it's not like Shoeless Joe's (which is a franchise) is the epicentre for beer culture.....anyway, this is nothing new for any stadium in Toronto or pretty much North America for the last 30 plus years. At what point do you just move on and find something else to whine about?

My original post basically said the exact same as I just said. It was even addressed to someone specific.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TO DEVILS View Post
    LOL....1 vote from me!
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Cal I understand the business side of it but I don't see how they can completely shut out local brewries. Almost every other team in the leauge has local brews available to them.

Why are we different?

Sure people like and enjoy them and good for them. But the contract they have with InBev for TFC is no where compared to there deal with Molson in the ACC. If almost argue that the deal they have brings little to no money to the squad anyways.
    would love to see locals Mill St in there.............I mean it's made at the distillery...FFS support local business
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TO DEVILS View Post

Holy shit! Ressurected!
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    They go to great lengths to clamp down on singing/chanting, etc. They wouldn't be down with an atmosphere like Joe's last Sat.
    ^ this ,as a passing note, have 2 go off, esp with those piss ass bars being mentioned (ya you wheat sheaf), Joe is seriously special.......I'm not a huge bar man , too many worked and spent in my youth, but Joe is simply the most generous accommodating owner I've met in this all for $$$ city....his respect for us demands our loyalty........one can compare bars but never the man.......I appreciate that....march on

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Santiago View Post

My point about who cares is for people like you who moan about everything. It's one of the most popular beers on the planet, sorry it isn't a local microbrewery. Maybe if a local brewery stepped up to the plate you'd be drinking it...I drink at Joe's sometimes too. They sell Molson Canadian there and Heineken (which is the biggest beer company on Earth), so it's not like Shoeless Joe's (which is a franchise) is the epicentre for beer culture.....anyway, this is nothing new for any stadium in Toronto or pretty much North America for the last 30 plus years. At what point do you just move on and find something else to whine about?

My original post basically said the exact same as I just said. It was even addressed to someone specific.
    you know you make some very true points , but I think it's the way your're directing your points , they get lost in your 'style'....btw Joes could sell piss but for the character issues mentioned in my above posts I'll be a buyer . One has to choose ones friends and give back accordingly . It's enriching .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    ^ this ,as a passing note, have 2 go off, esp with those piss ass bars being mentioned (ya you wheat sheaf), Joe is seriously special.......I'm not a huge bar man , too many worked and spent in my youth, but Joe is simply the most generous accommodating owner I've met in this all for $$$ city....his respect for us demands our loyalty........one can compare bars but never the man.......I appreciate that....march on
    The RPB have been very fortunate to have a place like Joe's to congregate in pre-game, post-game, and for away games since 2007. I know some people were very unimpressed when it was first mentioned as a possible HQ, saying it didn't strike them as being a "proper footy pub" but in my honest opinion, a bar is what you make of it. Who in their right mind would say now that Joe's isn't a TFC haven, with all the memorabilia and whatnot, and most importantly, the raucous atmosphere on gamedays?

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ So much this. Look, we had a whole group of us scouting out locations in the area prior to the first season. Unfortunately, the wide majority of bars we visited had no interest in accommodating a supporter group. Joe has really gone above and beyond for us.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    ^ So much this. Look, we had a whole group of us scouting out locations in the area prior to the first season
    yep, and I remember a bunch of people expressing that Joe's wasn't "a proper pub". I remember telling Joe about the "impending soccer team" before our first game, and he thought I mean a team of people playing and stopping by for beer and nachos after the game. Actually... how about hundreds of people

we lucked out bigtime (and by luck, I mean strategic thinking with good timing)
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you know you make some very true points , but I think it's the way your're directing your points , they get lost in your 'style'....btw Joes could sell piss but for the character issues mentioned in my above posts I'll be a buyer . One has to choose ones friends and give back accordingly . It's enriching .
    No, I don't have to choose friends at all. I can be everyone's friend because we're all TFC supporters. What is so enriching about drinking at Joe's and hanging out with the RPB? I have done it, and it's fun for sure, but I don't really find it all that different from any other event I've been to, corporate or not. It's just all TFC supporters. I'm over this idea that one group of fans is different than another or more legitimate. It's year 8 now, anyone going down to BMO is a TFC fan, plain and simple.

My 'style' is to be direct and to the point. It's not to offend, but when other posters take a certain tone I have no problem matching that tone. In my posting history I say I have one definite drunken rant about drums and the drummers, which was in a thread I started, but other than that it's fairly tame, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually the Leffe Blond that you can get on tap at the south end is quite palatable, but wouldn't mind a local brew in at BMO, there are plenty owned by InBev already in Canada. And really guys, Beer, Pubs and Bars are such a personal choice anyway,

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I don't have to choose friends at all. I can be everyone's friend because we're all TFC supporters. What is so enriching about drinking at Joe's and hanging out with the RPB? I have done it, and it's fun for sure, but I don't really find it all that different from any other event I've been to, corporate or not. It's just all TFC supporters. I'm over this idea that one group of fans is different than another or more legitimate. It's year 8 now, anyone going down to BMO is a TFC fan, plain and simple.

My 'style' is to be direct and to the point. It's not to offend, but when other posters take a certain tone I have no problem matching that tone. In my posting history I say I have one definite drunken rant about drums and the drummers, which was in a thread I started, but other than that it's fairly tame, in my opinion.

all too true but my only point was........just be a little less defensive , it's not about 'choosing' friends ........no one has it in for anyone here............life is too short and everyone values all opinions especially opposite ones of their own ...hence this board. If guess if something really aggravates you bring it on and discuss but don't take it personal . "Tone" is a tricky issue in print . You may be smiling or having BS session with friends but it hard to translate in print . It's hard for everyone to 'read' who theyr'e writing to not being face to face..........you're certainly right we all are TFC fans ...enjoy

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I don't have to choose friends at all.

You already are with the tone you take.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My point about who cares is for people like you who moan about everything.
    While you moan about other people? Keep the personal critique out and focus on the topic at hand.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In regards to Joe, absolutely spot on. Trying to find another bar that will be as accommodating is a near impossibility.
    On game days the place is basically turned over to the footy crowd. Yes it's a trade off for business, but I'd argue it's the supporters that get the most out of that trade.