Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maxim Usanov

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
    This is wrong - completely wrong. You can't be a moderator and bring your own prejudice into the moderating??? JHC You have a moderator editing posts to fit their own agenda - WOW!!! Card the poster if you must - whatever. Edit the post? WOW. Reign this guy in - this is not a moderator - MODERATOR OUT OF CONTROL!!!
    BURN IT DOWN, BURN IT ALLL DOWNNNNNN!!!!
    Calm down. He's a mod cuz he was deemed fit to be a mod, even if he did edit the post (which I'm sure he didn't), he would have to explain it behind the scenes. So take it easy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is wrong - completely wrong. You can't be a moderator and bring your own prejudice into the moderating??? JHC You have a moderator editing posts to fit their own agenda - WOW!!! Card the poster if you must - whatever. Edit the post? WOW. Reign this guy in - this is not a moderator - MODERATOR OUT OF CONTROL!!!
    If you have a legitimate complaint about a moderator, report the post in question, or PM another mod/exec. Don't do this. And confirm your actual allegations are accurate, first.

- Scott
    Last edited by Shakes McQueen; 03-20-2014 at 09:37 PM.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I can say about MLSE march is this

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Besides, I'll take the $5 Heineken tallboys at Joe's over the $5 Bud at the stadium anyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Quite frankly, regardless of the motivations behind their march and cheap beer, I'm quite glad they are doing it. Get more people to the stadium early. Hopefully it is packed for kick off.
    other then that I don't give a f*^k what other people do before the game,just make sure you are in your seat at least 30 minutes before the game and not 5-10 minutes into first half.

CHEERS and see you at Joe's
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post

other then that I don't give a f*^k what other people do before the game,just make sure you are in your seat at least 30 minutes before the game and not 5-10 minutes into first half.

Exactly or you'll miss our display as well lol

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post

Amen.

Lets get into that stadium early.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post

considering how packed Joe's will be on game day..... I'm happy that other bars are opening their doors to the reds.

In the end, we've been with Shoeless Joe's since Game#1, and I consider ourselves to be quite fortunate. There's more options in the area now, so it's good that other bars get a slice of the pie - it certainly beats when bars wanted nothing to do with TFC (yeah, looking at you What Sheaf & Foggy Dew)
    Yeah, I remember going to Wheat Sheaf a couple of times post-game in Year 1. I think U-Sector had that as their bar for awhile. In any event, I think it was more or less 5 or 6 games into the season, when they more or less decided TFC supporters were not welcome. I think they may have changed their tune since then, since I still see plenty of red shirts on the patio on gameday. But yeah, they seemed pretty hostile initially. Shame, because I kind of like that place - it's divey, but it's got character (and history). Those first few home games were wicked fun though before they turfed supporters.
    Last edited by tfcleeds; 03-20-2014 at 10:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    [ Originally Posted by Pint
    Kingsinthenorth and SG114 go pregame]

You mean the Boxes and Field level tables!
    ???

Was this a slight or a weird joke?

Hopefully a joke.

Let's work together guys and have some fun on Saturday.

All for TFC.
    Last edited by Phil; 03-20-2014 at 10:50 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I remember going to Wheat Sheaf a couple of times post-game in Year 1. I think U-Sector had that as their bar for awhile. In any event, I think it was more or less 5 or 6 games into the season, when they more or less decided TFC supporters were not welcome. I think they may have changed their tune since then, since I still see plenty of red shirts on the patio on gameday. But yeah, they seemed pretty hostile initially. Shame, because I kind of like that place - it's divey, but it's got character (and history).
    I always find it a little funny when a bar does something to push people away, why would anyone not want cash paying customers? So what exactly did the wheat sheaf do to keep TFC supporters out of there bar? I heard the Foggy Dew, Brazen Head etc all did the same too. In some cases especially with the Brazen Head changed their tune drastically when the beer companies and TFC themselves came calling.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brazen is still not very accommodating... Wheat sheaf must have changed their tune recently

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I always find it a little funny when a bar does something to push people away, why would anyone not want cash paying customers? So what exactly did the wheat sheaf do to keep TFC supporters out of there bar? I heard the Foggy Dew, Brazen Head etc all did the same too. In some cases especially with the Brazen Head changed their tune drastically when the beer companies and TFC themselves came calling.
    I never had the sense that Brazen Head pushed away any TFC fans when I went there? Was always a nice time. The thing is, they are often pretty full anyway, for example after work/before evening games, with other folks that aren't going to the TFC game. I could see them having trouble booking a big group in their busy times. Generally there's often a big lineup there, especially when there's good weather or a bunch of other reasons, so not a very reliable place to go on busy days unless you go very early. So perhaps a tough place to go for any large group of supporters.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Brazen is still not very accommodating... Wheat sheaf must have changed their tune recently
    Brazen Head is wrapped in TFC logos on the patio,on the game day menu etc., it warmed up when the beer reps and the team itself came calling.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brazen Head is wrapped in TFC logos on the patio,on the game day menu etc., it warmed up when the beer reps and the team itself came calling.
    I meant towards a SG not to TFC fans in general, they love the $$$ from TFC fans

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    I meant towards a SG not to TFC fans in general, they love the $$$ from TFC fans
    What do they say when a bunch of supporters are in the bar, do they go after them etc?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What do they say when a bunch of supporters are in the bar, do they go after them etc?
    They go to great lengths to clamp down on singing/chanting, etc. They wouldn't be down with an atmosphere like Joe's last Sat.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I never had the sense that Brazen Head pushed away any TFC fans when I went there? Was always a nice time. The thing is, they are often pretty full anyway, for example after work/before evening games, with other folks that aren't going to the TFC game. I could see them having trouble booking a big group in their busy times. Generally there's often a big lineup there, especially when there's good weather or a bunch of other reasons, so not a very reliable place to go on busy days unless you go very early. So perhaps a tough place to go for any large group of supporters.
    This is pretty much it in a nutshell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh no, we welcome to be in the bar but not willing to reserve a table or two for the people. I get it from a business point of view(they will fill up if we show up or not so why make special accommodations for us) but can just be a little irritating when trying to plan for a group of people.

anyway not sure how on topic this is

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They go to great lengths to clamp down on singing/chanting, etc. They wouldn't be down with an atmosphere like Joe's last Sat.
    So do they actually go up to people and say shut the f.. up or get out? The Rhino I heard did this with NEE when they just parked themselves there. I just laugh at this, so why does SG114 even want to go there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had a professionally printed railing banner with the SG's logo on it and they threw it out. They can't handle anything even slightly footy pub like. But like I said: proximity, giant beers and awesome patios.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    We had a professionally printed railing banner with the SG's logo on it and they threw it out. They can't handle anything even slightly footy pub like. But like I said: proximity, giant beers and awesome patios.
    It is a great patio, so they threw the banner out on purpose? If so, what goofs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is a great patio, so they threw the banner out on purpose? If so, what goofs.
    We left it at closing and it was gone by morning. It was kind of big and hard to miss. They could have kept it for us.

Doesn't matter really. I still go there but not this weekend.

(Back to topic)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    We left it at closing and it was gone by morning. It was kind of big and hard to miss. They could have kept it for us.

Doesn't matter really. I still go there but not this weekend.

(Back to topic)
    I got ya, sounds good. This weekend will be great, looking forward to the March.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brazen Head loves Soccer

Teams that play at Lamport and come by for lots of drinks after a game.

FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I remember going to Wheat Sheaf a couple of times post-game in Year 1. I think U-Sector had that as their bar for awhile. In any event, I think it was more or less 5 or 6 games into the season, when they more or less decided TFC supporters were not welcome.
    it was 1 game. apparently there were some random drunks there who decided to toss pint glasses off the patio, and the hammer came down hard. Really a shame because the sheaf could have been a perfect spot for Usector to call home (cheap beers, surly staff, slightly musty smell.... it would be like the Dufferin Gate - which I miss frequently)
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is that a kool-aid reference?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard the Foggy Dew, Brazen Head etc all did the same too. In some cases especially with the Brazen Head changed their tune drastically when the beer companies and TFC themselves came calling.
    just for historical accuracy - the Foggy Dew took issue with some rowdy supporters in the first year, and made it clear that they only wanted patrons who were sitting at tables ordering food (not just dudes crowding the bar).

and the Brazen Head didn't exist when TFC played their first season (or seasons?). By the time the Brazen Head was up and running, they could see the profits that were to be had.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mods don't moderate threads that they are involved in, and he didn't edit any posts. If you have a perceived problem, PM another mod, or Phil. Discussing moderating in a thread is an invitation to be banned.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember going to the brazen head on a saturday night and asking them to put the away game on. Bar was empty but they refused to turn even one over from the Leafs game so we walked out after the first round of drinks and no food. Haven't been back since and don't plan on it either. (That was season 4 I believe)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    They might have been welcoming towards people going to TFC games, but they were not welcoming towards groups of supporters that were signing and chanting en mass. Didn't want "that element" from what I recall, thought it would be bad for business and keep their regular clientele out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Super -
    Good location for that sort of thing. Don't want to be sponsoring one supporters club over another. Best to host it at a neutral place in my opinion.

True.

Knickers would definitely be knotted.

Edit: This was supposed to be in reply to Super, but mobile phone didn't cooperate.