Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Carts for the info. I did not know that the Raptors only drew 105 000. WOW. I guess this is a Hockey country...

The impact draw ver well on French CBC SRC. The games are usally on Sunday at 3:30 on Channel 12 if you are inetrested...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact Montreal isn't in the MLS kind of boggles my mind. They have everything required and more to be brought in the league!

1. Good Ratings
    2. Stadium
    3. Ridiculous USL attendance (13k)
    4. Good Ownership group (Saputo and gillette)
    5. Soccer History & passion

Montreal is a sports city, if they got a team I can promise you they would have the same success if not more! I live in Montreal during the school year and let me tell you, THERE IS INTEREST. My friends talk about how they wish they had a team and that Toronto is lucky etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agrred. With Gilette on board, MLS does not have a choice to fasttrack their entry...It's coming sooner than later. I would bet on it! 2010 or 2011 at the latest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, the exclusivity deal runs out after the 2009 season is complete. So we could be seeing possibly 2 teams coming into the league at the same time one of them being a Canadian franchise. Don't count out Vancouver with a renovated stadium and Steve Nash backing, but Montreal with Gillette and Saputo would also be appealing to the league.