Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile New Comer Incoming!

Hello, everyone!

My name is Svea and I am a brand spanking new TFC supporter. I'm essentially new to the soccer culture as a whole aside from playing a lot when I was younger, but when does that ever count for anything?

I hail from Peterborough, Ontario - I was born & raised here. Both my younger brother and I have quite recently taken an interest to Toronto FC thanks in large part to the 0-60 hype the club has been receiving this year. To be honest, up here in Peterborough we never heard a peep about TFC before a few months ago. Being the crazy sports fan that I am, this is actually the first bandwagon that I am jumping onto myself without having been born into it. I would like you all to know that I intend to delve as deeply into it as possible (I've never been known as a looking-for-an-excuse-to-get-drunk-and-scream-in-public type of girl). While the costs associated with being a sports fan never cease and are a continuing issue, I might not be at every game but I'll damn sure try to make it to any when I can. In the meantime, you can find me ranting & raving over on Twitter under the same handle.

Without even thinking, my brother and I purchased home opener tickets earlier this afternoon & will be clapping up in Section 219. I admit that we are both so excited to see the Red Patch Boys in action & we have heard how passionate you all are through the Internet so far (I can't imagine what it will be like to see in person). Special & many thanks to Doucet3 who referred me to this website being the n00b that I am & answering my (what I thought was) endless list of questions about home opener/match etiquette. I am all ears to any other suggestions you all might have here in this thread & I am thirsty to learn more.

Can't wait for Saturday!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to Crazytown.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome, MsAutumnWind.

If you want to get to know us personally, you can meet us pre-game at Shoeless Joe's Bar and Grill, located at King and Dufferin, which is not that far away from BMO Field. Just know, we'll all be marching to the stadium from the bar one hour before kickoff (3:30PM). You're more than welcome to join us.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome MsAutumm!

I'll say get down early for the big game on Saturday.. especially if you are coming from Peterborough! Shoeless Joe's - 1189 King St West is where we will be! Starting from 11:00am onwards
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    Welcome, MsAutumnWind.

If you want to get to know us personally, you can meet us pre-game at Shoeless Joe's Bar and Grill, located at King and Dufferin, which is not that far away from BMO Field. Just know, we'll all be marching to the stadium from the bar one hour before kickoff (3:30PM). You're more than welcome to join us.
    That's so kind of you to offer! The brother & I will be down there four-ish hours early. Once we feel get a feel for the area (which is one we have never been in or around), we will keep you all in mind. If not, I look forward to hearing you on your way in.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome, MsAutumnWind.

3:15pm! LoL
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    3:15pm! LoL
    3:15PM, right!

Fuck me!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome MsAutumm!

I'll say get down early for the big game on Saturday.. especially if you are coming from Peterborough! Shoeless Joe's - 1189 King St West is where we will be! Starting from 11:00am onwards
    Doucet3 mentioned the gathering before the march to me. We will definitely be in town early, but we have some shopping to do as attending the home opener was a split decision we made today. Embarrassed to say we are gear-less and Peterborough is a hell hole when it comes to sports apparel! Any suggestions on where to look? We are really loving those scarves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3:15PM, right!

Fuck me!
    No worries! Doucet drilled 3:15 into my head - I understand it's SHARP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MsAutumnWind View Post
    Doucet3 mentioned the gathering before the march to me. We will definitely be in town early, but we have some shopping to do as attending the home opener was a split decision we made today. Embarrassed to say we are gear-less and Peterborough is a hell hole when it comes to sports apparel! Any suggestions on where to look? We are really loving those scarves.
    Real Sports Apperal by the Air Canada Center... Tell them you are a season ticket holder and that you forgot your card, but you understand that you should be getting a 15% discount. If that doesn't work smile and ask for a 20% discount!
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Real Sports Apperal by the Air Canada Center... Tell them you are a season ticket holder and that you forgot your card, but you understand that you should be getting a 15% discount. If that doesn't work smile and ask for a 20% discount!
    I love your style already! Making a note of it as we speak. Worth a shot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi MsAutumnWind, I'm a TFC supporter from Peterborough as well, good to see you on here!
    Hey Take it easy on our fair little city - There is a pretty decent soccer culture here which I could introduce you to if you're interested in playing. If there is enough interest I've even been thinking of getting a group together to watch games at one of the local bars.

I hope you enjoy the season opener! I'll be going as well, sitting in section 113 singing my heart out

-Deanna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redisthenewblk View Post
    Hi MsAutumnWind, I'm a TFC supporter from Peterborough as well, good to see you on here!
    Hey Take it easy on our fair little city - There is a pretty decent soccer culture here which I could introduce you to if you're interested in playing. If there is enough interest I've even been thinking of getting a group together to watch games at one of the local bars.

I hope you enjoy the season opener! I'll be going as well, sitting in section 113 singing my heart out

-Deanna
    Hi, Deanna - pleasure to meet you! And oh, I never said a thing about Peterborough lacking any soccer culture, just that I rarely hear any buzz about TFC specifically around town. I live behind Eastgate, so I can see the bright lights & hear players calling out into the night sometimes.

Don't currently have any interest in playing, but you never know what will happen in the future. I will remember your name!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MsAutumnWind View Post
    That's so kind of you to offer! The brother & I will be down there four-ish hours early. Once we feel get a feel for the area (which is one we have never been in or around), we will keep you all in mind. If not, I look forward to hearing you on your way in.
    If you can't make it in before the match, feel free to stop by after the match. Full of friendly faces to share a post-game brew with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razor787 View Post
    If you can't make it in before the match, feel free to stop by after the match. Full of friendly faces to share a post-game brew with.
    We would really love to! We'll see how things run post-game as we need to catch the second northbound train out at the latest to get back to Peterborough at a half decent time. Next time we plan to go to another game, I think we'll have to make it an overnighter so we can party!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread should be shut down due to lack of enthusiasm...LOL. Good to see people excited by the team.

Niagara Region. Anywhere the RPB are Supporting TFC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't mind helping one bit! Haha glad I could bring another enthusiastic fan to our beautifully crazy ass team. Tried to help as much as a I could, thanks for that shout out. I'm currently on the brink of getting opener tickets I'm waiting for a friend to say yes and then I'm coming to the match and most likley joes pre match. Might be with the lads in the north end corner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redisthenewblk View Post
    I'll be going as well, sitting in section 113 singing my heart out

-Deanna
    Last edited by Brooker; 03-20-2014 at 01:31 AM.

Niagara Region. Anywhere the RPB are Supporting TFC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    lmao thats great, love it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know how you do it, B.

Killing it.

Welcome to the Good Times.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome aboard. I'm in Peterborough on occasion to visit my folks, but I'm going to have to wait to see TFC at Saputo since it's closer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Etiquette is nOOb buys first round at Joe's.

Welcome.

Dom

p.s. My brother and his g/f are in Peterborough and will be coming in for the game. Drive to Whitby GO then train down.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    Etiquette is nOOb buys first round at Joe's.

Welcome.

Dom

p.s. My brother and his g/f are in Peterborough and will be coming in for the game. Drive to Whitby GO then train down.
    First rule of this board...never listen to him....

Welcome and enjoy......
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good on ya for traveling down from Peterborough for games!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome MsAutumn, but be prepared for the 'Wind' off of Lake Ontario.
    One can plan on many things, but unfortunately not the weather!
    Regardless, the Home Opener should be great.
    Enjoy the game and your stay in TO.
    Molly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welcome MsAutumnWind, your going to have a great time at your first match.... it will be awesome if you can make it to Joes for the march because that will really add to your TFC day experience!

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well MsAutumnWind and redisthenewblk as another fan "From Away" welcome to the TFC Family and the RPB.

As mentioned before, dropping by Shoeless Joes pre-game is a great way to start putting faces to names here on the board. It is a great way to talk to members and find out ways that you can get involved even though you may not live in the GTA. Who knows you might discover that you have more like minds in your neck of the woods than you think.

If all else fails you can always join us in the 75 Mile Bastards "chapter" of the RPB.
    Hope to meet up with you some day and until then ... enjoy the ride.

O yeah ... if you are looking for RPB swag CoachGT always seems to have some stuff kicking around at decent prices.
    Now ... scarfs up!!
    Last edited by Mark in Ottawa; 03-20-2014 at 06:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Touche! By sitting I definitely meant jumping up and down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welcome MsAutumnWind...i hope you bring some SummerBreeze this Saturday!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my ex girlfriend was from peterborough, she stabbed me with a fork at a bluejays game.
    anyways.. WELCOME!

stop by joes pregame and get your drink on! look for the guy in the lucha mask, i'm friendly and i drink a lot.