Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be. But Nelsen has strong QPR ties and last time I checked Janiel was playing Germany in the 5th tier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WilmHammerheads FC@WilmHammerheads 25s More

Janel Hoilett is who they have listed. He has no number we are thinking he is #12RT @twocanuck: @WilmHammerheads @torontofc who is hoilett?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's Jainiel Hoilett.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Klinsmann View Post
    that was fun, yup watched whole game especially after the first bad world cup game a la "Cameroon-"......thanx ..whose Hoilett?....classy Dero played the whole game and on turf , ...hot there too.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    WilmHammerheads FC@WilmHammerheads 25s More

Janel Hoilett is who they have listed. He has no number we are thinking he is #12RT @twocanuck: @WilmHammerheads @torontofc who is hoilett?
    http://www.davidhoilett.com/jaineilHoilett/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched the game. I thought it was ok, not great (for both sides). But it helped me even more certain that having developing players in a real playing environment at Wilm is much better than stuck in a reserve limbo mostly made up of endless training without hope of ever getting any first team minutes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So we are just over two weeks away from Wilmington's game down in Rochester, about 2 hours 40 minutes from Toronto give or take. So who is coming? It will be a great time supporting some of our young Reds.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wilmington getting ready for road tour.

http://sports.blogs.starnewsonline.c...-to-back-trip/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upto 5 Academy players heading to Wilmington "in a bit" per Rollins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Upto 5 Academy players heading to Wilmington "in a bit" per Rollins
    Rocket Robin also mentioned this in his match reports from TFCA's league 1 Ontario match from yesterday.

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...4/14l1o065.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aparicio had a good game. Looked dangerous and his ball set up the goal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I caught the game in Rochester on Sat, Manny, Jeremy Hall and Roberts started. Jordan Hamilton subbed on in the 75th min and scored the only goal of the game around the 82 min. I'd say Roberts was the man of the match, he made 2 or 3 amazing saves to keep the clean sheet.
    Former Red Tyler Roselund played the full game for Rochester too.
    It poured the entire game.

It was Wilmington's 2nd game in 2 days.

The rochester bus was pretty cool, it has 24 beds on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, wondering where things stand with this affiliation deal. Was there an assumption that the transfer window restrictions wouldn't apply? It almost requires that any future partner be a Canadian based club.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    So, wondering where things stand with this affiliation deal. Was there an assumption that the transfer window restrictions wouldn't apply? It almost requires that any future partner be a Canadian based club.
    What transfer restrictions do you speak of, I had heard something about if players were left there after a certain date they had to stay until the end of this season, but never had it confirmed? I really believe TFC will end up with its own USL TFC 2 team operated within its own setup.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    What transfer restrictions do you speak of, I had heard something about if players were left there after a certain date they had to stay until the end of this season, but never had it confirmed? I really believe TFC will end up with its own USL TFC 2 team operated within its own setup.
    I haven't seen it confirmed either so I hope I'm wrong.

I never considered that the loaned players would be subject to transfer window deadlines. This is a country to country issue, rather than a league to league issue. If US based MLS teams can continue to move players back and forth with their affiliated USL PRO club (also located in the US) and TFC can't, then IMO that's it on the affiliation deal with Wilmington. TFC will need an affiliate located in Canada not only for convenience but also in order to maintain loan flexibility after the summer window deadline.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't seen it confirmed either so I hope I'm wrong.

I never considered that the loaned players would be subject to transfer window deadlines. This is a country to country issue, rather than a league to league issue. If US based MLS teams can continue to move players back and forth with their affiliated USL PRO club (also located in the US) and TFC can't, then IMO that's it on the affiliation deal with Wilmington. TFC will need an affiliate located in Canada not only for convenience but also in order to maintain loan flexibility after the summer window deadline.
    Q was recalled from his loan by Toronto today so something is up I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently this affects everyone - I saw something on twitter that said that all player loans btw MLS and USL were subject to the transfer windows. I thought last season Dwyer went back and forth btw SKC and OCSC even after August, I must have been mistaken.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently this affects everyone - I saw something on twitter that said that all player loans btw MLS and USL were subject to the transfer windows. I thought last season Dwyer went back and forth btw SKC and OCSC even after August, I must have been mistaken.
    Dwyer scored in both the USL Pro Championship and MLS Cup Final, winning a pair of titles. So who knows what the exact deal is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTR reports that Mark-Anthony Kaye is going to stay down there on an amateur contract.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He got recalled because if he didn't, he would have to stay the entire season there. Due to Cesar going back to QPR, coaching staff wanted a 3rd keeper in case of injury.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    He got recalled because if he didn't, he would have to stay the entire season there. Due to Cesar going back to QPR, coaching staff wanted a 3rd keeper in case of injury.
    MLS pool?

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    MLS pool?
    I think with the reserve league gone, so is the pool.

I know I would rather a homegrown keeper that you have signed vs. a pool keeper with playoffs a possibility.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I think with the reserve league gone, so is the pool.

I know I would rather a homegrown keeper that you have signed vs. a pool keeper with playoffs a possibility.
    http://www.mlsplayers.org/files/Apri...0By%20Club.pdf

fair enough to your reasons...sucks for Q

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have not heard much from Wilmington lately. Did Q return to Willminington and has he been starting games again? Is Aparicio still getting a lot of playing time? The fact that Danny Lovitz and Jordan Hamilton both had success there seems to me that this partnership has been successful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffian View Post
    Have not heard much from Wilmington lately. Did Q return to Willminington and has he been starting games again? Is Aparicio still getting a lot of playing time? The fact that Danny Lovitz and Jordan Hamilton both had success there seems to me that this partnership has been successful.
    No Q is here now for the remainder of the season.

I agree seems like the partnership has had its advantages for sure. Would have liked to see more guys sent down that arnt getting alotn of playing time ie Morgan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it just me or was recalling Q a terrible idea? He was starting every game down there, getting first team minutes for the first time in his career and doing really well too. But we brought him back for what? So he can sit on the bench if Bendik gets injured? Wilmington still have 11 games left, Q needs every one he can get. It makes no sense, there must be more to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Is it just me or was recalling Q a terrible idea? He was starting every game down there, getting first team minutes for the first time in his career and doing really well too. But we brought him back for what? So he can sit on the bench if Bendik gets injured? Wilmington still have 11 games left, Q needs every one he can get. It makes no sense, there must be more to it.
    its not just you

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if Wilmington is having second thoughts about this affiliation deal. Well, TFC also.

TFC has just Manny Aparicio on loan. And TFC technically is suppose to loan 4 players to Wilmington.

Wilmington basically had the carpet pulled out under them with Hamilton and Lovitz recalled from loan. Nelsen doesn't think Wilmington is doing good enough job, or USL is not good enough for Hamilton's development. Hamilton scored some goals for Hamilton.

With roster instability, Wilmington had to look for other MLS teams for emergency loans but too late to stop their losing record. They are 12th in USL and I think they just fired their head coach.

I realize TFC's interest has to come first, but it's not been a good affiliation relationship for Wilmington
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Jeremy Hall was there? And Mark Anthony Kaye from TFCA ? Also TFC sent down 4 guys from the academy, but only one remained, maybe you have a point Yohan.

Personaly oh I think it's time we had a TFC 2 (marleys) team and set up in NASL or USL. That's the way forward IMO, the academy are doing well in League 1, imagine how good the boys would do playing for the reds in a USL team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leedsoronto View Post
    I thought Jeremy Hall was there? And Mark Anthony Kaye from TFCA ? Also TFC sent down 4 guys from the academy, but only one remained, maybe you have a point Yohan.

Personaly oh I think it's time we had a TFC 2 (marleys) team and set up in NASL or USL. That's the way forward IMO, the academy are doing well in League 1, imagine how good the boys would do playing for the reds in a USL team.
    If they are on loan, they haven't been in the squad for the last couple games. Even Aparacio seems to remain an unused sub.