Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    no.

and just be glad that Jackson didn't get a red card for kicking Dempsey either. let's not tempt karma
    Yeah, this is a very good point. And we were lucky not to concede a penalty with Bloom. I dunno. I just dislike Dempsey because he seems a bit of a dick. I also thing Bradley would be a hell of a lot better for for USMNT captaincy. But Deuce is a hell of a player too. It's a shame he cant keep his temper down.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I agree that somebody is going to try to boot the knees out of Defoe and Bradly; and with Jackson, Rey and Caldwell around, they know what to expect back. The guy who goes after Cesar is going to get WWIII on his butt.

The days of somebody pushing us around are over.

Interestingly, the team that most people consider hard nosed, the Quakes, we play in early June; all our DP's will be at WC camp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not Gilberto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I kind of respect Dempsey for dealing out his own justice, and not expecting someone else to do it for him (To be clear: I respect Bloom and Jackson more for getting in Dempsey's grill and getting Dempsey out of his game).

Two games feels harsh to me.
    Agreed. If Dempsey was on our team i think alot of people would feel differently about him. Clearly he wasn't trying to whack the guy in the balls. It's the player's that dive and cheat that piss me off.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LFC8 View Post
    Agreed. If Dempsey was on our team i think alot of people would feel differently about him. Clearly he wasn't trying to whack the guy in the balls. It's the player's that dive and cheat that piss me off.
    I'd take Dempsey any day. But he's on another team so screw him. I'm glad he got two games. Ball smacker!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Haha, that's more like it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me 2 games is pretty harsh. 1 game max... One angle looks worse than the other...but it was hardly that violent and mostly luck that he tea bagged him. Caldwell's reaction is most telling IMO. Reff called a good game overall... I've seen much worse in #mls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that MLS might be sending a bit of a message to Dempsey.

He's absolutely one of the best talents this league has ever had but my god is his attitude so bloody piss poor. MLS/USSF have this guy as one of their poster boy's yet he acts like a fucking overgrown baby on the pitch. The biggest challenge for MLS is getting more TV viewership and having one of their top end players, one of the most marketable, being such a cunt on the field isn't going to flip people into wanting to continue to tune in.

His behaviour exemplifies why many of the non soccer watching North Americans don't watch....MLS just can't have that from him. Just watching him and Bradley on the field at the same time was night and day. MLS can sell passion and skill (Bradley).....they can't sell diving, moaning and nut punching (Dempsey).

As a hardcore supporter of the CMNT, I utterly despise our continental opposition...especially the Americans. I wasn't super thrilled when we acquired Bradley simply because of that fact. Yet after a single match of watching how he played for this club, my entire perspective changed. Full out man crush in effect here. When I have to see that bitch Dempsey on the screen I just want to look away.

Personally I think this suspension is more than just a punishment for the dick punch. I think they want him to grow up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$100 million for players and they can't find $5 to buy Mark Bloom a cup?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You really want our players running around with cups on?

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post

He's absolutely one of the best talents this league has ever had but my god is his attitude so bloody piss poor. MLS/USSF have this guy as one of their poster boy's yet he acts like a fucking overgrown baby on the pitch. The biggest challenge for MLS is getting more TV viewership and having one of their top end players, one of the most marketable, being such a cunt on the field isn't going to flip people into wanting to continue to tune in.

His behaviour exemplifies why many of the non soccer watching North Americans don't watch....MLS just can't have that from him. Just watching him and Bradley on the field at the same time was night and day. MLS can sell passion and skill (Bradley).....they can't sell diving, moaning and nut punching (Dempsey).

As a hardcore supporter of the CMNT, I utterly despise our continental opposition...especially the Americans. I wasn't super thrilled when we acquired Bradley simply because of that fact. Yet after a single match of watching how he played for this club, my entire perspective changed. Full out man crush in effect here. When I have to see that bitch Dempsey on the screen I just want to look away.

Personally I think this suspension is more than just a punishment for the dick punch. I think they want him to grow up.
    Very good assessment.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agree completely.

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with this and think the league wants to send a message that no one is above the leagues jurisdiction when it comes to disciplinary matters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no accident...he meant it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 games suspension....1 game for each testicle lol...good one MLS disciplinary committee...i see what you did there ahahaha
    Last edited by tfctillidie; 03-21-2014 at 03:10 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some Sounder supporters are going apefeces about this. Don`t quite get that hitting somebody like that is a BAD thing for the league to let happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Clint Dempsey in the hospital or something? The way the Sounders fans are screaming about him being hacked, kicked, and stomped to pieces you would think he was. I'm beginning to wonder what game I was watching.

JHC.... don't smack people in the testicles, don't get suspended. It's really that simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They should have made him stand in the Pike Place Market with a sign around his neck that said "I punched someone in the balls... and I'm sorry for my juvenile behaviour."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I kind of respect Dempsey for dealing out his own justice, and not expecting someone else to do it for him (To be clear: I respect Bloom and Jackson more for getting in Dempsey's grill and getting Dempsey out of his game).

Two games feels harsh to me.

We don't understand TFC's interest here, if we're happy about this. We derive nothing from his missing the next two games.

This league has a horrible problem with allowing jokers to goon stars. We have a couple of stars now, and vigilante justice is pretty much the only answer in many MLS games.

This shoe will be on the other foot for us, soon.
    Giving someone a backhander to the plums is no way to deal out justice...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alixir View Post
    Giving someone a backhander to the plums is no way to deal out justice...
    I think one game is about right.

Which should be enforced the next time Seattle plays TFC.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He really was roughed up, but still no excuse.

I wonder if Bradley hates him on USMNT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of the time, Dempsey dove. One or two kicks to the shins, but he and Jackson have a history. I was next to a Seattle supporter who kept complaining about Dempsey's diving. He got what he deserved.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Stone View Post
    They should have made him stand in the Pike Place Market with a sign around his neck that said "I punched someone in the balls... and I'm sorry for my juvenile behaviour."
    Either that, or have people toss fish at him for a couple of hours.