canny wait
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/sounde...at-toronto-fc/

Sounders FC’s home game Saturday against Toronto FC will hit closer to home for a couple Seattle players. Both goalkeeper Stefan Frei (2009-2013) and forward Chad Barrett (2008-10) played for the Reds in recent years.
    They talked about their TFC experiences with reporters this week:
    STEFAN FREI
    (Will it be different playing against Toronto this weekend?) “No. I’m going to try to make it a normal game. I know pretty much every single guy on that team, but when that whistle blows, if it comes push to shove, I think I’m going to go through one of them if I have to. I have some good friends on that team, I know their qualities in and out, and I could even give my teammates some inside information there. … But like I said, when the referee blows that whistle, it’ll be game on.”
    (Do you have any issues with how your departure came about?) “No. I try to give my best in whatever I do, and they did the same thing over there in Toronto. I had some unlucky situations with injuries and whatnot. (Joe Bendik) stepped in at the right moment and did fabulous for them. So all power to them. I just have to do what I can control, which is work hard, show up to practice and try to get better, and it’s worked out for me. I couldn’t ask to be in a better situation than I’m in now.”

CHAD BARRETT
    (What do you recall from your time in Toronto?) “I have very fond memories of Toronto, very fond memories of the stadium, the fans, the players — not so much the coaches, because we had one every year. It was just different every year. Aron Winter came in and kicked everyone but four players out. Stefan knew three guys on the team from the year before. But the fans they treated me really well; the city treated me very well. It was one of the places where I actually regret not having more of an impact and not being able to do more and make the playoffs and give something back to that city. They definitely deserve something up there because they’ve been struggling for a while.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some good words there by Frei and Barrett
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to hear that these guys have fond memories of their time here. The only negative mentioned by Chad is the revolving door coaching and poor management which we have hopefully seen the last of.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Manager View Post
    Nice to hear that these guys have fond memories of their time here. The only negative mentioned by Chad is the revolving door coaching and poor management which we have hopefully seen the last of.
    It just proves that we as supporters/fans have done our job over the years. We supported the boys on the pitch and gave them the in-stadium environment required to feel at home and succeed.

Now hopefully this year the team/players do their job and start to win games.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SUPER stephan frei. . . .
    when hes in the net. .
    nothing gets by. .

Happy to see him with a starting spot at sounders.
    Did a good job for us. ..

. . now lest put 3 past him this weekend!
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad the game is in Seattle . . .

Hope this cold weather and snow is gone for our first game at BMO!