Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone was curious about the NBC broadcast

(Evans line about "Any time you play Toronto FC you're playing a new starting 11" made me legit LOL. Well played by him)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just an awesome feeling after that game. A win and no new injuries post game. I dont care how they played. Wins are not always pretty but we got it done. On to the next game.

What does worry me is depth. We have issey coming which is great for the wings . Defoe and Gilberto need another quality striker to go along with the Dero and weeds. Sign another backup winger as well and we should be good.

Does anyone think me need a
    quality attacking midfielder as well or can osorio and bekker fill that role for the season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they'll finish up the overhaul in the offseason by bringing in some depth. But, WOW....home to D.C. United next week and we should be fully healthy! Could be a good start!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Santiago View Post
    What do you mean "let's be serious"? I was being serious.

I don't know anything about piped in sound. It seemed like they had a mic in the drum, but that's just for TV not the whole stadium. That stadium is very loud. Seattle fans set two NFL noise records there last year. In general they seem like good fans to me....you can have Portland or wherever else, I don't really care. I was just saying that insulting Seattle fans for something we do pretty much every game seems weird.
    It wasn't a comment directed at yourself - it was just backing up what you said earlier about how ridiculous it was for Seattle to be singing that song given they outnumbered us by approximately 800:1. I'm not saying the Seattle fanbase is terrible - not by any stretch. I just prefer Portland's. I've always felt that how a club is supported during lean times (which Seattle have never really had in their history) is the true litmus test.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post

(Evans line about "Any time you play Toronto FC you're playing a new starting 11" made me legit LOL. Well played by him)
    Thanks for this! Really wanted to see the match in its entirety again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all congrats to all the supporters who made it to the game, and congrats to TFC for a hard earned victory, Defoe delivered his goals and Bradley in my opinion was the star of the game, he is huge fucken presence in midfield excellent work rate and he honestly looks happy wearing a TFC jersey unlike Dempsey who doesn't look happy in a seattle jersey. I also would like to congratulate Caldwell and the rest of defense excellent defending in hostile environment, well done boys, even Jose Mourinho would be proud of a victory like this.I cant fucken wait for the home opener, I am so pumped for this season just like many of you are, Oh one more thing about the game "NO INJURYS" especially on that shit field, Seatlle should for the future of building their own facility and move on to natural grass. I hope Tim was watching on how BMO might look like in the future in his quest to bring the ARGOONS to BMO!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't see it on the TFC feed but noticed at the end on the NBC one - Cesar VERY VERY happy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have to say anyone doubting our boys local boys Osorio and Henry............I love these young Canadians and as mentioned for months they are very important to the team and played outstanding..........world class pass by 'O' to get Defoe his first goal......just saying
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I want to say that TFC is going to crush DCU in the opener next week, but I'm a little worried that were going to see a return of the Ghosts of TFCs past and the team will get punked. It's going to take me at least a quarter of a season to gain confidence in the team, and the hope I have is tempered by the fact that it can all go wrong very quickly...
    DCU was the worst team in the league last year. I think our side can handle them at home.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ndtoronto View Post
    Still disappointed brad?
    In what? That the team was telling supporters what they starting line up was in advance like I said in the post you are quoting? Yes - I am. They should never do that. In other leagues that will get you fined and probably even sent to the bench.

Or in the fact that Defoe started, because I clearly said in other posts that he should start - and I am happy he did and he scored.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Except it wasn't the exact lineup. And it was clearly labelled the opinion of the website staff.

Its different, I give you that. But its also trying to create buzz about the team on game day. The amount of social media stuff yesterday put out by TFC was impressive. Content is king. If they can create a buzz about this team on game day, that's a good thing.

We'll know they have gotten somewhere when the Star does a live blog of all TFC games like they do for the other 3 Toronto teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn't stand Dempsey since he made his debut at BMO last year. What a grade A Cunt. I'm glad our DPs aren't little bitches like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Except it wasn't the exact lineup. And it was clearly labelled the opinion of the website staff.

Its different, I give you that. But its also trying to create buzz about the team on game day. The amount of social media stuff yesterday put out by TFC was impressive. Content is king. If they can create a buzz about this team on game day, that's a good thing.

We'll know they have gotten somewhere when the Star does a live blog of all TFC games like they do for the other 3 Toronto teams.
    It want that - it was players and staff telling supporters in Seattle in person that Defoe was starting. That was before TFC announced anything.

But you are right - since the club did announce it perhaps it want on the players as I mentioned. That said I hate announcing such stuff in advance. It give a potential advantage to an opposition manager if believed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC beats Seattle, Liverpool crushes MAN U and Chelsea loses.....i am on cloud 9 right now!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, that game yesterday was the most encouraging win in a long time. On the road in a tough environment, holding a one goal lead to pick up the 3 points... Big result for not only guys like Defoe but also long time players, who have been through all the struggles in past to get some confidence & belief moving forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    have to say anyone doubting our boys local boys Osorio and Henry............I love these young Canadians and as mentioned for months they are very important to the team and played outstanding..........world class pass by 'O' to get Defoe his first goal......just saying
    Both looked great. That Oso to Defoe pass wouldn't have looked out of place if the names on the jerseys had been Gerrard and Sturridge. I liked Oso last year and this year he should develop well next to Bradley and his assists will be up with guys in front that can finish.
    Henry really impressed me. He looked calm all game, which is the best improvement to see. Had the second assist on the first goal by stepping up at the right time for a header, nearly scored while taking a boot to the face and most impressively, stepped in and calmly took the ball off a Seattle player right next to our penalty spot in the second half. Great, calm, decisive play where last year he would have dove in and conceded a penalty. He is maturing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

I'll just assume you don't count the Argos as a team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're aiming higher than the Argos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fucking A. I called it. Not the score but this is what I expected, we are not perfect defensively, but that is one thing we improved last year, and with Bradley being our cross between Pirlo/Gattuso, who can defend, organize us, and start the attack, and people that can finish Defoe, De Ro and hopefully gilberto, we can be a power in this league. But lets give it five games to make sure it is not a mirage.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    Fucking A. I called it. Not the score but this is what I expected, we are not perfect defensively, but that is one thing we improved last year, and with Bradley being our cross between Pirlo/Gattuso, who can defend, organize us, and start the attack, and people that can finish Defoe, De Ro and hopefully gilberto, we can be a power in this league. But lets give it five games to make sure it is not a mirage.
    I gave you a hat tip earlier. You did.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahem...

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Yeah, fuck it. If the Leafs can win 2 out of 3 in California and the Raps can clinch 3rd in their conference, there's no logical reason TFC can't win tomorrow.

2-1 TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post

Big thanks.

Wasn't even looking for the game, just assumed it wasn't up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Couldn't stand Dempsey since he made his debut at BMO last year. What a grade A Cunt. I'm glad our DPs aren't little bitches like that.
    Contrasting Dempsey's goal celebration with Defoe's is all you need to see that we have the right man for the job.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the USMNT is smart, they'd make Michael Bradley the captain of the team and not Cunt DempseyIsADouchebag!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see why there's so much hate on Dempsey. The guy just hates the stupid stuff that they never fix in soccer like diving, grabbing, holding and the on purpose fouling. If someone deliberately fouled me and then offered to help me up, i'd tell them to f*** off too! lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    If the USMNT is smart, they'd make Michael Bradley the captain of the team and not Cunt DempseyIsADouchebag!

Wow, im impressed.... I'd just like to say, as an Australian, you Canadians have really got the use of the "C word" down pat. nice job Canada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LFC8 View Post
    I don't see why there's so much hate on Dempsey. The guy just hates the stupid stuff that they never fix in soccer like diving, grabbing, holding and the on purpose fouling. If someone deliberately fouled me and then offered to help me up, i'd tell them to f*** off too! lol
    It had to do with Dempsey punching Bloom

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a Ti-Cat fan...the meanderings of the media about the Argos do not register.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LFC8 View Post
    He did that way too early and far too often. And he does enough of the stupid stuff that he shouldn't whine so much. Yeah, glad he's not on our squad.

Frankly, I think he would have fit better down in KC, both mentally and tactically.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're overdoing it re the "punch" to Bloom. Lots of stuff happens in every game. Dempsey is a good player who was getting marked out of the game and got a little surly. Bloom deserves high marks for getting to him.

It's fine.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”