Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing is, when called upon, Cesar had his head fully in the game to make the right decisions. A few errant kick outs but mostly good distribution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We really lost our structure in the second half. They were scrambling and couldn't hold possession at all. dropped too many players back and then left too many of their guys open in the mid-field.just had Defoe running around tryong to cover them at times, which wont be good for him for next weeks game.

Dempsey: what a knob head.

Bloom did very well i thought.

Bradley must be as fit as hell, bet he could run a marathon in under 2:30 hrs - he just keeps going and going.

...looking forward to the home opening... i'm coming down from Montreal for it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Great road win even though it got ugly in 2nd half. Seattle is dirty team with their cheap shots especially Cunt Dempsey for punching Bloom below his belt.
    The league better take a look at that. I know nothing will happen but still, that's trash from a "world class" player. All the moves we made this off season, best one was passing on Dempsey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Gif of Dempsey hitting Bloom in the nuts.
    Last edited by dantdot; 03-15-2014 at 06:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lack of match fitness showed in the second half however they held on well. I dont think we could ask more from them given the pre-season buildup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocktml View Post
    Fack off all i have to say. We win on the road and still bitching and moaning. I thought Jackson pace was great for the team today.
    So any win is flawless and we can only praise everything? Am I not allowed to praise anything in defeat then? Considering all the turnovers his touch led to I think it's relevant to the game regardless of outcome. He frustrated transition especially Yedlin's, but your winger can't be an offensive liability especially when not matched up against a dangerous back like Yedlin. Caldwell, Henry, Oso, and Bradley were monstrous. Great win but sorry drink your punch and stfu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good game by all the players and liked watching the blend of players slapping and congratulating each other after the game. Possession percentage doesn't matter when you win; however expect that to change with a few more weeks of playing together and not playing on a carpet.
    Thought the ref did a decent job as well, didn't get sucked into P.K. dives, fouls and cards were fair, as long as the card to J.C. is consistently called to all teams this year.
    I can't stand Dempsey, what a sniveling bed wetter...
    Looking forward to the Home Opener!
    Last edited by oranje boven; 03-15-2014 at 06:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunno if anyone posted this, but I'm just gonna link this here... just because:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...week-2-matches

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hope Dempsey gets a 3 match ban for the hit on bloom below the belt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I have to say is...fuck the MLS analysts.

We were raw today, but we had enough skill and determination to pull out a victory in one of the most difficult road venues in MLS. If we can stay healthy, this team will be a force once the players get acclimated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dempsey is a cunt and really had no impact on the game, Bradley is twice the player for nearly the same money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great result...but you can tell the team needs to jell some more...i hope Gilberto will be ready for the home opener. He needs to log some minutes with the boys so they can all jell together...the sooner the better.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dantdot, can you edit that gif to be a bit smaller....its taking 2 minutes to load.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our side went into a tough building in Seattle, playing a vicious Sounders side, missing a few key players, and not totally gelled together. And they came away with an impressive victory. While the defending champs, Kansas City, lost to them last week.

PLAN THAT PARADE ROUTE, BEEYOTCHIZZ!!!!!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    dantdot, can you edit that gif to be a bit smaller....its taking 2 minutes to load.
    Yeah, sorry about that. It's a bit big. Just linked it instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    Our side went into a tough building in Seattle, playing a vicious Sounders side, missing a few key players, and not totally gelled together. And they came away with an impressive victory. While the defending champs, Kansas City, lost to them last week.

PLAN THAT PARADE ROUTE, BEEYOTCHIZZ!!!!!
    Honestly, TFC are contender this year. It's too bad a lot of people here can't see that.

This team is built to win championships, not just to make it to the playoffs.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the link change.

Yup, that's a douche move by Dempsey.

Gonna get called out on that in a few places.

He looked frustrated as if they expected to roll us over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sigi is a great coach, he saw the issue and fixed, Toronto will have to plan and work. This season is going to be test not so much of the squad but of Nelsen. We held against a strong side.

One large mistake was taken advantage of, but there is a bright future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I'll say this, we bunkered like crazy in the 2nd half but we also bunkered well. How many scoring chances did Seattle get besides the goal (which itself wasn't a result of bunkering, it was a team error as we pushed up too far)? Cesar didn't need to save the game for us. We were under pressure but we handled it.
    We got away with it today, and I see no reason to rag on them overly considering we are getting organized. But his isn't something we should be expecting to sustain regularly, it will catch up to us and bite us in the ass badly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caldwell and especially Henry were fucking immense. His over-exuberance left Caldwell out to dry and costed us a goal though. Other than that, he won everything that was near him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game was reminiscent of the KC game last year at the Dome when we won 2-1. Played on crappy turf, Earnshaw/Defoe scoring both goals (partly due to a blunder by the other team), and getting pressed down in the second half.
    I'm ecstatic though. We beat a tough team at a tough venue, when no one thought we would.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    We got away with it today, and I see no reason to rag on them overly considering we are getting organized. But his isn't something we should be expecting to sustain regularly, it will catch up to us and bite us in the ass badly.
    I still stand by me preseason predication. Mixed performances and results in the first half of the season with us turning into a very good team as the season progresses as this group of players becomes a team.

Until we we get there nights like tonight were we steal 3 points a critical to keep us in the hunt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    hope Dempsey gets a 3 match ban for the hit on bloom below the belt.
    Seattle's next three games are Montreal, Columbus and Portland.. I'd rather they all play Seattle with Dempsey as he's a head case.

What I'd like to see, although it won't happen is his goal taken back and him fined, perhaps something like he can't play the next game against TFC (if we meet them in the final)
    Last edited by jimiv; 03-15-2014 at 06:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone see the stat going around twitter that right now is the 2nd time in franchise history TFC has been over .500? (Other than 09 when we started the season with a win, I can't think of any time we were even close really)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know everyone is happy about the win. And TFC showed some good stuff. But by no means was that a perfect game. Seattle had way to much of the ball in the 2nd half. We can not play all season like that or else we will end up losing a lot of games. We looked tired and couldn't do anything with the ball. Good deffence however. I'm happy, but don't over celebrate just yet, its game 1, and we have improvements to do. Anyways that is all I have to say before people start getting mad at me for not saying it was a solid all round amazing performance by TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    I know everyone is happy about the win. And TFC showed some good stuff. But by no means was that a perfect game. Seattle had way to much of the ball in the 2nd half. We can not play all season like that or else we will end up losing a lot of games. We looked tired and couldn't do anything with the ball. Good deffence however. I'm happy, but don't over celebrate just yet, its game 1, and we have improvements to do. Anyways that is all I have to say before people start getting mad at me for not saying it was a solid all round amazing performance by TFC.
    whatttt......jeeezz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fine start to the year. No injuries. Chalk it up as the best case scenario. The game confirms a lot of stuff we all assumed. Bradley is dominate. Defoe wont do much else other than score and we are ok with that. DeRo has lost 3 or 4 steps. That serious injury last year looks to have been the dagger to his youthfulness. Still valuable but dont expect him to contribute the ways in which some have suggested earlier. Osorio looked a little lost beside Bradley, but thats to be expected. Hard to find your fit when he is literally everywhere. I was worried when I heard Bradley would be the one sitting back, but he got forward enough I found. Maybe it will just take time for Osorio to get comfortable there.

Bloom is really solid and there is really no reason to suggest that he loses his spot right when Orr gains full fitness.

I think we dominated centrally and Alonso was thrown off by Bradley all game. I think we lacked a consist attack because our wingers couldn't consistantly break down the wings and get the ball into the right places. Rey had an off game but the quality there is enough to keep letting him figure it out. Jackson did turn the ball over a little too much, but most of those times he had very little support so it was worth going at it. Overall looked like a good team thats still figuring each other out. Seemed about right.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfctillidie View Post
    great result...but you can tell the team needs to jell some more.
    This is the main issue with TFC right now. When the players know each other better their possession will improve.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, we got issues.

But, you gotta celebrate Defoe and Bradley though. That was just impressive.

Osorio played well (apart from getting caught up on the goal) as did Henry and Caldwell as a pairing. Cesar was imperious.

We beat one of the toughest teams, in their park, with their best players having had a game already and our guys mostly not having played together.

Take the 3 points and run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good victory in a very tough place to play on the road, We still need some work but this is a long season and we will get better. Was really impressed with play of Henry and Caldwell in the back. Rey was solid hS TO LEARN TO PASS. I hope the league will review the Dempsey incident and suspend him but I doubt it.