Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really can't complain. That is a place where it's very hard to come away with points... and we got all 3! Of course Seattle had way too much possession but they didn't get as many chances as you would think considering that. If you told me TFC would win for whatever reason, I would be thrilled.

So, I am thrilled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wasn`t a great performance but it was a great win.

Good teams always find a way to win.

Very encouraging, next Saturday cant come quick enough!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad second half - but hey, Chelsea won champions league playing some of the worst soccer ever seen. I'll take 3 points anyday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A win is a win and this win is a great way to start the season. Team played decent together given it was 1st time this squad was on the pitch at the same time, with obvious room for improvement. But, if we can hold a team like Seattle at this point in the year we can only get better with more play time together.

I was hoping for a draw but glad for the full points.

Keep looking forward.

Dom

p.s. I can just imagine the atmosphere at Joe's tonight and I am envious.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thrilled to be proved wrong today, after predicting a 3-0 loss. Defoe is pure class, and the team kept it together despite a tough opponent and a lack of joint playing time. Most of all, it was great to see us look dangerous going forward for once. Can't wait to see the show in person next weekend.

Here's to a great season, and a happy night to all!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully many more of these to come....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed Seattle fans did that chant a lot that goes like "can you here Toronto sing.....nooo, nooooo" I know we use to do it sometimes, but what a stupid chant when you consider there is only about what 20-40 TFC fans there vs 38,000 Seattle fans....how would you here the TFC fans, would be sad if you did. Song only makes sense if you got probably over a minimum of a few hundred away fans then you can sing that song, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Henry's work in the off season really showed today. By far his best performance ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Klinsmann View Post
    Hopefully many more of these to come....

The sign is wrong, it's "ALL FOR ONE".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    The sign is wrong, it's "ALL FOR ONE".

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The General Speaks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    I noticed Seattle fans did that chant a lot that goes like "can you here Toronto sing.....nooo, nooooo" I know we use to do it sometimes, but what a stupid chant when you consider there is only about what 20-40 TFC fans there vs 38,000 Seattle fans....how would you here the TFC fans, would be sad if you did. Song only makes sense if you got probably over a minimum of a few hundred away fans then you can sing that song, lol.
    That just shows IQ of Seattle fanbase.

You only do that chant when you're at away stadium or neutral venue. Not only that, but when your team is winning as well. If anything, it should have been TFC fans in Seattle doing that chant since it was really quiet in that stadium for most of the game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post

You only do that chant when you're at away stadium or neutral venue. Not only that, but when your team is winning as well. If anything, it should have been TFC fans in Seattle doing that chant since it was really quiet in that stadium for most of the game.
    well i know we did it a few times when we had a small group of away fans visiting and I hated it, hahha. I guess it just bugged me and I noticed Seattle sang it quite A lot today.

But ya it only makes sense if there is a big group of away fans visiting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adam1001 View Post
    Game was reminiscent of the KC game last year at the Dome when we won 2-1. Played on crappy turf, Earnshaw/Defoe scoring both goals (partly due to a blunder by the other team), and getting pressed down in the second half.
    Yeah a lot of parallels to last year. Hopefully Defoe doesn't tail off like Earnshaw did, although the difference in class should help.

In that goal picture above, is that dude right behind Defoe wearing his jersey backwards? Sure did make for a better picture.
    Last edited by mowe; 03-15-2014 at 07:26 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We do it every game...even if there are about 4 away fans on a Wednesday night. I agree it's really dumb.

I can't believe how long they sang that. They're losing 2-0 or 2-1 and that's what they care about? I truly believe there is a large part of the supporter culture who care as much about being part of something and being heard as they do about the game itself. Seriously lame stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow was I proven wrong I did not think we stood a chance but I was so very wrong, I'm happy Nelson put the best possible lineup on the field and went for it, and not worrying about the turf and who might get injured, he played the best starting 11 that was available to play and that's how it should be. They played the way a team needs to play when your on the road in a hostile environment against a good team, it was not pretty but it does not have to be when your on the road and playing a good team.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love Defoe so much. Classic game from him, he always loves to make a statement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC first match of the season . . .a WIN!
    Can't wait for the home opener at BMO.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great win by TFC. Jermain comes through big time and Bradley shows what kind of class player with heart he is.

Other observations: Henry suddenly looks like a veteran, and played really well. Loved the emotion showed by Bradley and Caldwell after clearing a cross near the end of the game. This TFC team seems to have an edge to it that was lacking...De Ro, Bradley, Caldwell and Henry all don't mind mixing it up and won't be intimidated by physicality. Jackson was excellent attacking both offensively and defensively. Our midfield looks very solid.

Seattle had more possession in the 2nd half, but Toronto never seemed rattled. That's the way it goes. With a 2-0 lead against a good team at home it was inevitable that the game was going to see Seattle attacking and Toronto defending. In the past we would have folded, but despite giving up a goal I feel TFC were never holding on for their lives...they were just defending and keeping their shape for the most part.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defoe's finishing was great
    Bradley was a monster
    Henry was mature
    Caldwell a leader
    But that we didn't concede a late goal even though we were under immense pressure was surely the best part of this game, and also that we didn't really LOOK like conceding either. That's a massive difference in this game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I posted earlier - supporters at BMO have done the same frequently. I sat next to the away supporters for 6 years and had a laugh every time they were signing their hearts out and our supporters started signing the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Santiago View Post
    Great win by TFC. Jermain comes through big time and Bradley shows what kind of class player with heart he is.

Other observations: Henry suddenly looks like a veteran, and played really well. Loved the emotion showed by Bradley and Caldwell after clearing a cross near the end of the game. This TFC team seems to have an edge to it that was lacking...De Ro, Bradley, Caldwell and Henry all don't mind mixing it up and won't be intimidated by physicality. Jackson was excellent attacking both offensively and defensively. Our midfield looks very solid.

Seattle had more possession in the 2nd half, but Toronto never seemed rattled. That's the way it goes. With a 2-0 lead against a good team at home it was inevitable that the game was going to see Seattle attacking and Toronto defending. In the past we would have folded, but despite giving up a goal I feel TFC were never holding on for their lives...they were just defending and keeping their shape for the most part.
    Henry was absolutely dominant in the air and composed all day. We could have a decent backline this year. They'll probably deputize Hagglund, as Boss doesn't seem to be improving.

Defoe was just clinical. Man against boys, watching him undress Djimi Traore.

Osorio had an excellent, excellent game. Played two ways really well, the through ball was class and he mostly helped shut Dempsey down. Rey is a bit of a showboat but effective, so more power to it. Pappa was anonymous by comparison.

Very positive performance. DeRo seemed to run out of gas fairly early, though. Be interesting to see if Gilberto is back for DC.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Defoe's finishing was great
    Bradley was a monster
    Henry was mature
    Caldwell a leader
    But that we didn't concede a late goal even though we were under immense pressure was surely the best part of this game, and also that we didn't really LOOK like conceding either. That's a massive difference in this game.
    I actually walked away from 70 min to 80 min because the pressure was too much to bear and memory of last season crept back in. And then when I did come back to the TV, I realized I was probably back too soon!

Anyway, yeah, credit where it's due, they showed good backbone today. Hope they get even stronger at home. Can't wait to be back at BMO next weekend (fuck the weather).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regardless of signing that song at home or away... they were singing it down by two goals!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    We were running out of gas in the second half.

Take the 3 points and run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I took from the game:
    Our defense and mids absorbed pressure really well the first half but looked a bit shaken late
    Bradley is a beast, all over the pitch
    CB's looked great and corners very good
    Defoe is as cool as a cucumber
    DeRo looks like his legs are shot
    Ceaser looked good and happy to be playing with us
    Replacement reffing crew was better than anyone I've ever seen from regular MLS officials.
    Nelsons tactics and sub's have improved.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The General Speaks

Can't help but notice the CRT tv's in the background... I realize it's the away dressing room, but holy crap! And the stadium is barely more than 10 years old!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Im happy we won. But I don't think it was actually the best game. In the 2nd half Seattle had full possession the entire time, TFC did play good defence and didn't let many shots on net. But you can not give that much possession on a regular basis or that will sting you further down the road.

I'll forgive them because it was away. For a little while anyway (this team hasn't jelled yet).

At home or towards the end of the season I won't be so forgiving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Bank the 3 points and get out of there. Feel like that IKEA Commercial with the lady yelling start the car, start the car.

Stats remind one of the Mariner era. Outshot, out possessed. Worse passing accuracy. Losing 2/3 of the 50/50s yet in the early days squeaking out results.

Bank 'em and run boys. The only stat that counts is the one on the scoreboard.

(Still, fix that other stuff before it comes back to bite you)

Haha!

I just posted that.