Page 96 of 110 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,880 of 3275
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not player movement, but Vanney is claiming a new assistant coach is on his way to TFC. Defensive minded.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Not player movement, but Vanney is claiming a new assistant coach is on his way to TFC. Defensive minded.
    Let's hope this isn't his first job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently it's a former mentor. Kind of intrigued. A former coach at Chivas? Or was it someone who coached him at LA?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking former coach at Chivas, Robin whats his name?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    robin fraser, currently assistant at NYRB
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Would be really surprised if we were able to poach him. Would be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Could also be Colin Clarke, who coached him at Dallas and is in USL right now. Good coach, did really well in Puerto Rico. Could also be Gary Smith, who had him at Colorado. Also a very good coach.

Didn't know until just now that Vanney played as a forward in college. Good athlete.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so Straith is currently training with us and Sean St. Ledger, whom I mentioned before as a great center back to slot in for us, has stated that he has suitors from MLS. Bez is either working or these are just possibilities that will never come to pass yet again.

Worth noting that St. Ledger stated that he's looking at a deal for the remainder of the season in order to attract suitors back in England.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah wouldnt be the first time a coach was poached. Looks like there are several decent coaches. Wouldnt mind Clarke at all, think he'd be great to have

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Straith on a cheapo deal would be nice for cover.

is anyone watching Mtl vs LA game? this Piatti guy is laying LA to sword. what a player
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well he's training with us today so maybe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is anyone watching Mtl vs LA game? this Piatti guy is laying LA to sword. what a player
    we need a number 10! like him or Morales.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched both Montreal and Vancouver games.
    T.F.C. need someone like Waston (centre back)(Van)---Piatti(Mont)(a/m)---Morales(R.S.L)(a/m).
    The only true A/M this club has had was Gueverra..
    What a difference he would make to this team(in his prime of cause)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by levyashin View Post
    The only true A/M this club has had was Gueverra..
    Silva
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Silva
    Nah, he's not an assist guy. He's scoring in DC because they've been playing him as a deep striker. Proving himself a good finisher, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Avila was an AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Nah, he's not an assist guy. He's scoring in DC because they've been playing him as a deep striker. Proving himself a good finisher, though.
    I said before Silva had Totti like qualities, and he's playing almost exactly like Totti in DC United. Like a really poor version, and DCU doesn't run their offence through Silva, but he scores goals.

Pablo Vitti also played second striker role for TFC, though he's more of an AM normally. Guevara was used more of a central midfielder than attacking midfielder in a lot of ways. He operated more deeply than traditional AM IMO.

It's just not in the culture of TFC to use an AM, or we misuse AM. But I don't think having an AM solves TFC's offence problems, because it's often the lack of movement, and how players react to a play, instead of knowing exactly where to be at what situation.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have one. His name is Gilberto.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have one. His name is Gilberto.
    more of a second striker than AM. at least traditional AM we all think of, as in more of a playmaker role.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roster freeze tomorrow. I doubt anyone else gets added but stranger things have happened

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    Roster freeze tomorrow. I doubt anyone else gets added but stranger things have happened
    Hope we pick up St. Ledger. What's the harm for having him for the next couple months. MLSE won't be using any money, and if it doesn't work out, he plans to leave anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's back at it again:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle20595163/

- Defoe says he was out if Nelsen is out
    - Offers came in for both Gilberto and Luke Moore (Really? lol)
    - TFC rumoured to have already approached Bob Bradley to be coach & GM for next season

I would guess Nelsen is the likely source of these leaks, but who knows?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We knew offers came in for 5 players. Moore and Gilberto would not be surprising. Ticked at not going to Burnley looks like spin from somebody.

The text thing is Nelsen for sure.

The rest is spec.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they should of sold that suckball 2 wks ago..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, reading that article, is Gilberto also wanting out of TFC?? If Club America was willing to pay 4-5 million, why not take the money and re-invest in another quality DP. I think all supporter group should sit down with TFC and tell them that the Caps way of finding good cheap players down in Central and South America is the way to go. Coaches and GM's come and go, but the philosophy should stay intact. Payne had a good plan initially, but couldn't stay long enough to see what happens. I say go the cheap Central and South America route and maybe try to lure Camilo outta Queretaro. Seems the Caps burned that bridge and he's a recognizable name. I'm sure if the money is right, he would come back to Canada and play for TFC. This off season, no need to press the panic button again. Lets not take the buying over the hill English player route anymore. Rennie did that with the Caps, but with Scottish players and look where that got him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NolbertoS View Post
    So, reading that article, is Gilberto also wanting out of TFC?? If Club America was willing to pay 4-5 million, why not take the money and re-invest in another quality DP. I think all supporter group should sit down with TFC and tell them that the Caps way of finding good cheap players down in Central and South America is the way to go. Coaches and GM's come and go, but the philosophy should stay intact. Payne had a good plan initially, but couldn't stay long enough to see what happens. I say go the cheap Central and South America route and maybe try to lure Camilo outta Queretaro. Seems the Caps burned that bridge and he's a recognizable name. I'm sure if the money is right, he would come back to Canada and play for TFC. This off season, no need to press the panic button again. Lets not take the buying over the hill English player route anymore. Rennie did that with the Caps, but with Scottish players and look where that got him.
    It'd be suicidal to sell your best players in middle of critical playoff hunt. Even if you replace the player sold, the new guy takes take to adjust to the team and the league, and it's rare that a new signing hits off right away.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    He's back at it again:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle20595163/

- Defoe says he was out if Nelsen is out
    - Offers came in for both Gilberto and Luke Moore (Really? lol)
    - TFC rumoured to have already approached Bob Bradley to be coach & GM for next season

I would guess Nelsen is the likely source of these leaks, but who knows?
    Needless to say reports are still massively conflicting. We've got people reporting that Defoe was upset with Nelsen's training, we've got people saying part of the reason Nelsen was let go was in a desperate bid to keep Defoe happy with the team, we've got people saying Defoe loved Nelsen, we've got too much speculation and rumours to list about Leiweke's involvement or relationship with all parties... we won't get definitive answers until Defoe is gone. It's all he-said-she-said until then.

That being said, I really hope the bit about Bob Bradley is true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Needless to say reports are still massively conflicting. We've got people reporting that Defoe was upset with Nelsen's training, we've got people saying part of the reason Nelsen was let go was in a desperate bid to keep Defoe happy with the team, we've got people saying Defoe loved Nelsen, we've got too much speculation and rumours to list about Leiweke's involvement or relationship with all parties... we won't get definitive answers until Defoe is gone. It's all he-said-she-said until then.

That being said, I really hope the bit about Bob Bradley is true.
    Agreed. It's all spec. I wonder if any other team in MLS is subject to this level of gossip. As far as dirt digging goes, TFC might be #2 behind the leafs in this town (for the wrong reasons obviously).

The transfer talk is cheap on TFC's part. Outside of Defoe, who they probably keep for optical reasons given the turmoil, who shouldn't have a price tag on their back? TFC should have a list of targets ready to go in the event someone comes calling. If these guys want to leave, I don't see anything about them that is irreplaceable.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 09-14-2014 at 10:03 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That article might as well have Nelsen's signature on it.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If the theory is Defoe is gone if Nelsen is gone... these pieces don't fit.

1) Rumours of Defoe to England surfaced around World Cup time.

2) Defoe was already in England, in the days leading up to the transfer window, before Nelsen was fired.